[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Furniture warranties

bpwallace49

Just paid $49 for five years on a $600 dresser for my daughter. Dresser is white, and the one they had in the showroom had some scratches on it already :wacko: They come out as often as I want, and with the way my kids ram toys/cars/etc into furniture...I imagine I'll be seeing their touch-up guy twice a year, every year, for five years.

We had a recliner sofa once. After the first year, the damn rivets kept coming out in the mechanism. Year two, I could no longer re-round them over, so I designed a flat headed two diameter screw w/ a nut. I cut the prototype and my friend wrote a program for a CNC lathe to knock them out in quantity. Must have used at least 15 over the next 5 years to keep it working before we trashed it.

How are your machine shop skills,BP? :tup:

If the warranty is less than 10% of the price, AND it's 'bumper-to-bumper' it could be worth it, but $600 is a tad over. FWIW I rarely get the warranty anymore, but a $5k sofa...... :wacko:

i got the "insurance", becasue with 3 kids, I like the peace of mind for the mechanicals.

Not a bad idea at all with the kid equation plus recliner option. Kids jump or plop all the friggin time on these things and never put the recliner back properly.

About to drop 5 grand on a sectional. Haven't had recliner mechanisms before. Does that make the warranty worth it?

300 warranty for 7 years. And I have3 kids. Anyone else have experiences with this?

I've got 3 kids and they've basically ruined our nice living room furniture. There's no way I'll buy expensive living room furniture again till they're out of the house.