[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 SOFA DRAFT

Pancake

Got one of the three WR's I was eyeing up from when I got VJax...and I should say that I wasn't looking at RB or QB so no one else made a selection that changed what I wanted to do

Charles

VJax

Wallace

I am happy so far...hopefully next pass pans out like I think and hope it will

Two thumbs up so far. :wacko:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one of the three WR's I was eyeing up from when I got VJax...and I should say that I wasn't looking at RB or QB so no one else made a selection that changed what I wanted to do

Charles

VJax

Wallace

I am happy so far...hopefully next pass pans out like I think and hope it will

Nice! Wallace as WR2 is a gift, really.

:wacko:

Rivers will throw for close to 4500 yards, VJax should see a very good chunk of that...and he is a nice RZ target too

I agree he should have a good season but he has never had more than 68 catches or 9 TD's in a season.

I like him I just don't know that I could pull the trigger on him in the 2nd round.

Tough call.

Why are QB's going so soon ? I did a Red vs Blue draft last week and got Rivers in the 6th round.

I don't see how he is worth a 3rd round pick here. Kills the rest of your draft when you take a QB in the 1st 4 rounds.

Posted this in the IDP Forum:

Pick 5.4 Peyton Manning...I think this is a great value because at my next pick 6.4 I think we would clearly be into the 2nd/3rd tier of QBs and at that point I would have just waited until round 8, 9 or even 10 to take one....had a fair amount of RBs and WRs left that I like that I think I can get later so Manning seemed like a no brainer...Romo would have been a good pick too but with them being so close in value and me not liking the Cowboys it was easy to take Peyton...some might be worried about his neck but reading between the lines I see him being just fine...if he wasn't the Colts would have signed a vet and not have Curtis Painter as the primary backup if something was wrong with Peyton....

What I really want to point out here is how you need to keep an eye on the teams that are drafting between your picks....I initially had Peyton and Romo predrafted for 4.9 while I was OTC and then checked and there were really only two teams that could snipe me on a QB...the team that was OTC in front of me and the team picking after (he picked twice between my picks) If the team at 4.8 took Manning or Romo I probably would have taken the other after them but when they passed there was only one team without a QB picking before my 5.4 pick...so when 4.8 passed on QB I knew that I could grab my top rated RB and would in turn get one of my 2 QBs I coveted....had I not been paying attention I could have ended up with Manning and then lost out on Ingram.

So far:

1.4 Charles

2.9 VJax

3.4 Wallace

4.9 Ingram

5.4 Peyton Manning

Edited by keggerz

Posted this in the IDP Forum:

Pick 5.9 Peyton Manning...I think this is a great value because at my next pick 6.4 I think we would clearly be into the 2nd/3rd tier of QBs and at that point I would have just waited until round 8, 9 or even 10 to take one....had a fair amount of RBs and WRs left that I like that I think I can get later so Manning seemed like a no brainer...Romo would have been a good pick too but with them being so close in value and me not liking the Cowboys it was easy to take Peyton...some might be worried about his neck but reading between the lines I see him being just fine...if he wasn't the Colts would have signed a vet and not have Curtis Painter as the primary backup if something was wrong with Peyton....

What I really want to point out here is how you need to keep an eye on the teams that are drafting between your picks....I initially had Peyton and Romo predrafted for 4.9 while I was OTC and then checked and there were really only two teams that could snipe me on a QB...the team that was OTC in front of me and the team picking after (he picked twice between my picks) If the team at 4.8 took Manning or Romo I probably would have taken the other after them but when they passed there was only one team without a QB picking before my 5.4 pick...so when 4.8 passed on QB I knew that I could grab my top rated RB and would in turn get one of my 2 QBs I coveted....had I not been paying attention I could have ended up with Manning and then lost out on Ingram.

So far:

1.4 Charles

2.9 VJax

3.4 Wallace

4.9 Ingram

5.4 Peyton Manning

I thought it was 5.9 but it's 5.4.... still great value.

6.9 (69th overall) Jared Allen....I have Tuck #1 among DEs but he unfortunately went at 6.5...my plan prior to the draft starting was that I was going to go DE DE with my 6th and 7th round picks....When Tuck went at 6.5 I was a bit worried that there could be a DE run, doubtful but still possible so I was happy when Cole made it back to me...also fwiw, I keep going back and forth on who my #2 DE is between Allen and Cole so I am very happy to have those two .

1.4 Jamaal Charles

2.9 Vincent Jackson

3.4 Mike Wallace

4.9 Mark Ingram

5.4 Peyton Manning

6.9 Jared Allen

7.4 Trent Cole

Edit: there is one particular player that I am very surprised is still on the board so I have my fingers crossed that he slides but I doubt it.

Edited by keggerz

I like the Allen pick. Don't think the loss of Edwards will mean much to his production. In fact, with the offense perhaps struggling to keep drives going, their D may be on the field a little more this year. Allen's got the kind of motor and endurance to make plays regardless of it being the first or fourth quarter. I think he'll have a pretty big season.

Also, re: Manning... the news yesterday has to be at very least a little concerning. I'm sure you have a solid plan to get an up-and-comer as your QB2 ... just in case. :wacko:

6.9 (69th overall) Jared Allen....I have Tuck #1 among DEs but he unfortunately went at 6.5...my plan prior to the draft starting was that I was going to go DE DE with my 6th and 7th round picks....When Tuck went at 6.5 I was a bit worried that there could be a DE run, doubtful but still possible so I was happy when Cole made it back to me...also fwiw, I keep going back and forth on who my #2 DE is between Allen and Cole so I am very happy to have those two .

1.4 Jamaal Charles

2.9 Vincent Jackson

3.4 Mike Wallace

4.9 Mark Ingram

5.4 Peyton Manning

6.9 Jared Allen

7.4 Trent Cole

Edit: there is one particular player that I am very surprised is still on the board so I have my fingers crossed that he slides but I doubt it.

:wacko: I missed it but that player (Ryan Grant) was taken at 6.2 :tup:

Very nice team so far.

Thanks

I like the Allen pick. Don't think the loss of Edwards will mean much to his production. In fact, with the offense perhaps struggling to keep drives going, their D may be on the field a little more this year. Allen's got the kind of motor and endurance to make plays regardless of it being the first or fourth quarter. I think he'll have a pretty big season.

Also, re: Manning... the news yesterday has to be at very least a little concerning. I'm sure you have a solid plan to get an up-and-comer as your QB2 ... just in case. :lol:

Agree on Allen....and if they go to the rook QB later in the season he should see more snaps when it matters most for FFers too.....as for Manning, I still don't think it will be an issue but when I drafted him I already had a plan and the fact that I normally wait to draft a QB I feel pretty confident in being able to get a solid back-up

Interesting strategy, good results on paper.

I probably have Ruud higher than most but I see nothing but good things for him at MLB for the Titans...we all saw what Tulloch did their last year...Witherspoon is a year older at WLB and at SLB is rookie Ayers...I really like Ruud this year, that really is all I can say about that...but I got sniped (Hawthorne went 2 picks in front of me) with who I wanted when I took Bishop...Hawthorne was who I really wanted and thought about taking him over Ruud because I thought Ruud could slide to my next pick...in the end I liked Ruud enough to not wait and also like Bishop and a few others if I missed out on Hawthorne...at LB3 I am very happy to have DeMeco Ryans who should be very very good in Wade's defense...but believe it or not I got sniped on who I wanted (Derrick Johnson KC who was taken two picks in front of me too) there are some concerns with Ryans elbow right now and when I saw Barnett still available I figured why not land another guy that I am very high on...have a few guys that I really like and hoping that I can land them in the next few rounds

I probably have Ruud higher than most but I see nothing but good things for him at MLB for the Titans...we all saw what Tulloch did their last year...Witherspoon is a year older at WLB and at SLB is rookie Ayers...I really like Ruud this year, that really is all I can say about that...but I got sniped (Hawthorne went 2 picks in front of me) with who I wanted when I took Bishop...Hawthorne was who I really wanted and thought about taking him over Ruud because I thought Ruud could slide to my next pick...in the end I liked Ruud enough to not wait and also like Bishop and a few others if I missed out on Hawthorne...at LB3 I am very happy to have DeMeco Ryans who should be very very good in Wade's defense...but believe it or not I got sniped on who I wanted (Derrick Johnson KC who was taken two picks in front of me too) there are some concerns with Ryans elbow right now and when I saw Barnett still available I figured why not land another guy that I am very high on...have a few guys that I really like and hoping that I can land them in the next few rounds

Most certainly wasn't questioning the players you drafted... just thought it was interesting that you went 4 in a row.

Most certainly wasn't questioning the players you drafted... just thought it was interesting that you went 4 in a row.

didn't think you were but since I got sniped on two i had at the top of some predrafts I thought I would put it out there for others....the 4th was because of the elbow on ryans and the value I think that Barnett has...if I got Derrick Johnson instead of Ryans I am not 100% sure I would have taken Barnett

didn't think you were but since I got sniped on two i had at the top of some predrafts I thought I would put it out there for others....the 4th was because of the elbow on ryans and the value I think that Barnett has...if I got Derrick Johnson instead of Ryans I am not 100% sure I would have taken Barnett

Ryans slipping from one of the top fantasy LBs to effectively a #3 fantasy LB is crazy... and he's crazy good enough to get back to a high level again. Maybe not #2 overall good, but I think bigger numbers are possible.

And just to be clear, I love the strategy, I was just caught off guard.