[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you had uber cash, would you buy a used Audi?

McBoog

Wait... so his older brother is MalcoLm??

Separated by nine years and, now, by five inches in height, Malcolm and Malcom Floyd have an unusual bond. The older brother was allowed to name his sibling to discourage rivalries, and named him after himself.

That's actually kinda cool.

I would probably buy a new one.

If u can find one, "used" and basically get the sticker shock of the price off. I'd do it.... I'd also buy a car if it was a insane deal... Someone selling a $4000 for $1000 is always a good buy

New cars are for suckers.

New cars are infinitely superior to used cars.

The issue is whether that purchaser believes that this superiority is worth the instantaneous depreciation in value. I wouldn't think that the depreciation attached to driving a relatively modest vehicle off of the lot would matter to most persons with Malcolm Floyd the Second's income.

:wacko:

New cars are infinitely superior to used cars.

Let's say same car - you can buy a 2012 Furdster ZR for $x off the lot, or you can buy a used one for $x-5000. Assuming the car has been treated in a reasonable manner, how would one be "superior" to the other, assuming you don't have thing for breathing in the chemicals outgassing from the plastics in the new car (aka "that new car smell")?

The issue is whether that purchaser believes that this superiority is worth the instantaneous depreciation in value.

I'd say what you're truly buying is certainty that the car has not been "abused." If that's worth 25% of the purchase price to you, I guess that's the free market.

Let's say same car - you can buy a 2012 Furdster ZR for $x off the lot, or you can buy a used one for $x-5000. Assuming the car has been treated in a reasonable manner, how would one be "superior" to the other, assuming you don't have thing for breathing in the chemicals outgassing from the plastics in the new car (aka "that new car smell")?

That's the thing. You don't have to make any assumptions. The car is in pristine condition. No swirls or scratches in the paint. No dents or dings. No scuffs on the interior. No wear and tear. No abuse.

And the aforementioned smell.

It's either worth it to you or it ain't. And I think that your financial situation plays a role in that assessment.

It is always interesting to see where a thread can end up. We didn't get past page one before it turned into a tailgate discussion. :wacko:

It is always interesting to see where a thread can end up. We didn't get past page one before it turned into a tailgate discussion. :wacko:

It's right in the title - "if you had uber cash, would you buy a used Audi?"

It is always interesting to see where a thread can end up. We didn't get past page one before it turned into a tailgate discussion. :tup:

Sticking to the topic, this thread would have dropped off the board awhile ago. As it stands now, even with the additional discussion, it probably ain't going to make it to page 2.

Sticking to the topic, this thread would have dropped off the board awhile ago. As it stands now, even with the additional discussion, it probably ain't going to make it to page 2.

oh, I dunno

I wouldn't waste money on any German car. But on the plus side he can afford to keep it on the road when its constantly breaking down...