[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is the man in the suit a perfect analogy for corporate America?

wiegie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I can't tell for sure if the guy in the suit was the driver.

but what I did find out, by googling the victim's name, is that the driver was a college professor. and a PhD in economics, no less.

oh delicious irony. what a perfect analogy that d00shbag is for all college economics professors.

:tup: Ouch! Bet wiegie feels a whole 4 feet 2-feet tall now... :wacko:

lol, this is why i love this place

He is a good analogy for our politicians. He wanders around posturing, wondering what to do, confused at the possibility of actual effort and action, while the world around him burns and people suffer.

correct--although the analogy might have worked better if he had been wearing a flannel (or bowling) shirt and pretending to be a common man.

correct--although the analogy might have worked better if he had been wearing a flannel (or bowling) shirt and pretending to be a common man.

He could have taken off his coat, roled up his sleeves, loosened or removed his tie to imply he was ready to get to work as well. Of course by that time the work would be done.

I do agree that the flannel shirt, or sometimes denim shirt, is a classic politician photo op meaning they are going to move on from an issue after this final talking session. After all, having been seen in a work shirt it is a certainty that they must have worked. Nothing left to do at that point.

What if the guy has a bad back, knee replacements, tendonitis in his elbow, shoulder reconstruction or some affliction to where he has been ordered by his Dr. to not lift over 25 Lbs?

Az and the rest will still ignore that fact because their version is so much more entertaining.

I'll just note that Az pointed out he was 1) a college professor and 2) had a doctorate in economics. Az never said he was an economics professor... everyone else has been mashing those two things together.

Az never said he was an economics professor.

uh

but what I did find out, by googling the victim's name, is that the driver was a college professor. and a PhD in economics, no less.

oh delicious irony. what a perfect analogy that d00shbag is for all college economics professors.

I guess technically, Az didn't 100% directly state that the guy was an economics professor, but he sure did indeed mash things together to make that implication strongly.

Edited by wiegie