[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

update on Jr.

polksalet

I couldn't find the old Polk Jr. thread so I thought I'd start another. I was talking to Muck the other day and he found it amusing so thought I'd share. We were at the local high school game last Friday night and he was playing ball with his buddies like kids do at ball games. A bunch of high school kids came over and started picking them up and throwing them down. Apparently a senior grabbed Jr. and he took offense. He grabbed the kid in a guillotine and choked him out. Jr. came running to me and told me the story. I know he shouldn't be fighting at games but what do I do, tell my fourth grader to not be beating up seniors?

I couldn't find the old Polk Jr. thread so I thought I'd start another. I was talking to Muck the other day and he found it amusing so thought I'd share. We were at the local high school game last Friday night and he was playing ball with his buddies like kids do at ball games. A bunch of high school kids came over and started picking them up and throwing them down. Apparently a senior grabbed Jr. and he took offense. He grabbed the kid in a guillotine and choked him out. Jr. came running to me and told me the story. I know he shouldn't be fighting at games but what do I do, tell my fourth grader to not be beating up seniors?

That's some good stuff.

I was always pretty small. Became a "bully (in 7th grade)" to counteract that. Not right but I survived in a very tough hood.

My Dad told me, "Walk away if you can. If you can't, wrap a 2x4 around his head!". Not sure if that was good advice, but it got me thru the teens. No... I never needed the 2x4, but I did have a demeanor that few would mess w/! I also made friends that got me into and out of the worser hoods and at times situations. Cicero was a tough town!

Good for your son, Polky! All he did was defend himself! :wacko:

Dang Polk, I don't get on here much anymore but I'm not gonna be stopping in any convenience stores in your part of town and snatching candy bars outta 4th graders hands anymore !!!

It DOES sound like he was defending himself and I do remember you talking about the Bruce Lee tourneys and stuff so I would just call him a Boy Scout and being PREPARED.. Now if he jumped up and yelled " I CHOKED THAT BIATCH OUT" then yea, he liked it too much..LOL

Dang Polk, I don't get on here much anymore but I'm not gonna be stopping in any convenience stores in your part of town and snatching candy bars outta 4th graders hands anymore !!!

It DOES sound like he was defending himself and I do remember you talking about the Bruce Lee tourneys and stuff so I would just call him a Boy Scout and being PREPARED.. Now if he jumped up and yelled " I CHOKED THAT BIATCH OUT" then yea, he liked it too much..LOL

no he came running and told me what happened. I really didn't know whether I should go get the law, go get his back if he went after them again, or just leave.

The other night however in class he split my tongue pretty bad and jumped up screaming "you're bleeding fat man!!". That was when I gave him a lesson in old man strength.

What am I going to do with this rig when he's 15?

• 3 months later...

Averaging around 18 rebounds, 10 blocks, 10 points, and 5 steals a game in his first season. Today he outscored the other team 18-14 in a 28-14 win. He has no idea what he's doing but he never gets tired and is about a head taller than anyone in the league. He would have more points but the sg never passes and heaves them up from all over the court. More often than not they go clean of the backboard haha. Youth bball is an interesting sport.

Averaging around 18 rebounds, 10 blocks, 10 points, and 5 steals a game in his first season. Today he outscored the other team 18-14 in a 28-14 win. He has no idea what he's doing but he never gets tired and is about a head taller than anyone in the league. He would have more points but the sg never passes and heaves them up from all over the court. More often than not they go clean of the backboard haha. Youth bball is an interesting sport.

:wacko: Good for him!!!

My son is only 7 playing in a league for 5-7 year olds. Youth hoops is definitely interesting, a ton of fun to watch, yet you already see the PITA parents getting in the coaches business. Let these kids have fun, and yes, if your kid is the one that is standing at the wrong end of the court ignoring the coach and picking his nose, the other kids aren't going to pass to him, so don;t bitch at the coach that your kid doesn;t touch the ball enough and maybe spend some time with him on your own teaching him a little.

Sorry to rant in your thread polk. Great stat line for JR

My son is only 7 playing in a league for 5-7 year olds. Youth hoops is definitely interesting, a ton of fun to watch, yet you already see the PITA parents getting in the coaches business. Let these kids have fun, and yes, if your kid is the one that is standing at the wrong end of the court ignoring the coach and picking his nose, the other kids aren't going to pass to him, so don;t bitch at the coach that your kid doesn;t touch the ball enough and maybe spend some time with him on your own teaching him a little.

Sorry to rant in your thread polk. Great stat line for JR

That is a major reason I live BJJ. The parents never gripe of flip out due to fear of getting choked out themselves. You'll never see a more polite group anywhere. Jr doesn't rough anyone up in bball but he does play hard and blocks a bunch of shots back into the other kids' faces. You can see the parents get mad but they never say anything to me..

Damn Polk, by the time your kids a senior we'll be making Polk Jr. facts instead of Chuck Norris. :wacko: