[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Website

Joessfl

Gents,

I ask for your feedback. Every Sunday this year, I have been checking NFL.com for 30 minutes here, 30 minutes there to see how games and players are progressing (To prognosticate how bad my FF team will do). My question is this...has anyone experienced huge lag in the refreshing of the nfl.com games? I have very good bandwidth, and i am hardwired, not wifi. NFL.com either takes 2-3 minutes sometimes to refresh, it gets slower over time, and I have to cose and re-open the browser. All other adult websites work fine during that time. I have even updated my Flash software.

What gives? Is it just me?

PS I always loves the Huddles.

It is simply one of the worst websites out there. With all of the money that the NFL brings in, and with all of the money that the NFL invests in promoting itself, it should be considered one of the most embaraasing business failures we can see today. :wacko:

Thanks. I saw huge differences between last year and this year, and thought maybe it was time for a new PC.

Santa was about to deliver a http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20072134...t-in-the-world/ but now I realize it still wouldnt matter.

By the way, what do you guys use to keep track of all live games? I tried ESPN.com and Fox.com once, but couldnt get used to it. Maybe I need to get used to it.

It is simply one of the worst websites out there. With all of the money that the NFL brings in, and with all of the money that the NFL invests in promoting itself, it should be considered one of the most embaraasing business failures we can see today. :wacko:

Agreed. My thinking is that they are letting it go to pot, and then next year we will get this "Thanks for watching the scoring on NFL.com, if you want faster than sucky response time, please deposit $10 and we will ensure your PC get the super duper fastest response time". Money sucking leaches, everyone always has an angle! :tup:

Well, maybe I should rant once my visions become true next year.

Thanks. I saw huge differences between last year and this year, and thought maybe it was time for a new PC.

Santa was about to deliver a http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20072134...t-in-the-world/ but now I realize it still wouldnt matter.

By the way, what do you guys use to keep track of all live games? I tried ESPN.com and Fox.com once, but couldnt get used to it. Maybe I need to get used to it.

CBS sportsline does a good job for that.

I use CBS Sportsline for 2 years now. Loved NFL.com but they totally junked it all up and ruined a beautiful product by following the marketing mantra of "throw everything possible on it". CBS Sportsline works pretty well.

I use CBS Sportsline for 2 years now. Loved NFL.com but they totally junked it all up and ruined a beautiful product by following the marketing mantra of "throw everything possible on it". CBS Sportsline works pretty well.

Ditto. I've used them for several years now.

It's them. Their site is already a beast to run & it's even worse on game day when they are overloaded with hits.

This.

It's one of the worst websites I have ever seen, loaded with rubbish and grossly over-developed. It's bloatware for the web.

CBS sportsline does a good job for that.

I disagree. I used to use it all the time but early this season it completely stopped refreshing automatically for me and even on a manual refresh was a quarter to half a game behind, rendering it totally useless. I use Firefox with AdBlock so I don't know if CBS is deliberately slowing it down for those users, as some other sites do.

Edit: On the same laptop, I have to run NFL.COM instead, even though it sucks.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I complained about this in the past. It's just a BS site with ads jammed into every space possible. Then guess what happens? You get a pop up add from the NFL asking to buy something incase you missed all the other ads.

I am curious, and that will kill this cat. I wonder if its all the ads, of the fact they are trying to put too much graphics on the damn page with the passing and running graphics (which are sort of overkill). Seems like they could be better with response time if they just streamed the friggin' real games!! Idiots are going to make us not use their website and then they will wonder why their web revenue is down.

I am going to search for a free/shareware Ad blocker to see if it helps. Any suggestions? Any downsides to using one of these?