[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Monday

tazinib1

Yes because any of the things you first listed makes him a lousy pick for a HC.

He is not the problem in NY even though most people say he is because of his claims to go to the Superbowl and such. The issue lies in our OC. He can't establish the run, terrible play calling and honestly he should know Mark Sanchez's strengths and weaknesses and should not be trying to make him do things that he's not capable of. When we established the run we won games. When he tried to do his own thing Sanchez got uneasy played poorly etc. And don't even get me started on Holmes quitting.

Since you use the term "our" in refering to the Jets I presume you follow them much closer than do I. Given that, your perspective is likely more considered than is mine. I do ask this, however. Since Ryan is the head coach does he not bear responsibility for the game plan and the calls of the OC?

As for Ryan's traits, and how they effect his ability to coach I would note that few teams have excelled in a carnival atmosphere. McCarthy, Tomlin, Sean Payton, Belichek, Couglin, all are stoics.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you use the term "our" in refering to the Jets I presume you follow them much closer than do I. Given that, your perspective is likely more considered than is mine. I do ask this, however. Since Ryan is the head coach does he not bear responsibility for the game plan and the calls of the OC?

As for Ryan's traits, and how they effect his ability to coach I would note that few teams have excelled in a carnival atmosphere. McCarthy, Tomlin, Sean Payton, Belichek, Couglin, all are stoics.

No he does obviously have some say in the offensive plan. But i will honestly stick with Rex Ryan for a while, he coaches for better or for worse with his heart. Which is why i think so many players like him. Also i like it

The issue lies in our OC. He can't establish the run, terrible play calling and honestly he should know Mark Sanchez's strengths and weaknesses and should not be trying to make him do things that he's not capable of.

Ok. I'll bite. What are Sanchez's strengths? I've seen just about every weakness. What he's not capable of would be 2/3rds of most OC's game plan. That would be the part of the binder that involves passing.

Ok. I'll bite. What are Sanchez's strengths? I've seen just about every weakness. What he's not capable of would be 2/3rds of most OC's game plan. That would be the part of the binder that involves passing.

He's never going to be an elite QB but we really should be able to win with him. We really should. If we establish the run, make people respect it(which may point out an issue of our weak RB team if Greene can't produce more then he did this year) but if people respect it, then it buys Sanchez some time, allows for play action instead of people not caring if we run and getting all their pressure on Mark. As seen in that final 2 minute drive, if Sanchez has confidence he can play. But he will never be able to make something out of nothing.

It's honestly about playing as the jets, not as Mark Sanchez's Jets. If the OC wasn't able to do that, get rid of him and find one that will make your 4th overall pick into a viable QB player.

Also, nothing makes me more angry as a fan then watching the DEF hold teams to minimums and have our offense never once play with a sense of urgency. Sometimes you just need a change...and if i see one more running play on 3rd and 12+ :wacko:

Edited by Infinity

Having trouble keeping up. Here's the full list of firings. If I missed any, please feel free to add.

Spagnuolo and Devaney (GM) STL

Morris TBB

Caldwell and the Polians (VP & GM) IND

Previously:

Jack Del Rio JAC

Todd Haley KCC

He's never going to be an elite QB but we really should be able to win with him. We really should. If we establish the run, make people respect it(which may point out an issue of our weak RB team if Greene can't produce more then he did this year) but if people respect it, then it buys Sanchez some time, allows for play action instead of people not caring if we run and getting all their pressure on Mark. As seen in that final 2 minute drive, if Sanchez has confidence he can play. But he will never be able to make something out of nothing.

It's honestly about playing as the jets, not as Mark Sanchez's Jets. If the OC wasn't able to do that, get rid of him and find one that will make your 4th overall pick into a viable QB player.

Also, nothing makes me more angry as a fan then watching the DEF hold teams to minimums and have our offense never once play with a sense of urgency. Sometimes you just need a change...and if i see one more running play on 3rd and 12+ :tup:

:wacko:

You do realize that the entire offensive game plan was changed this year to "take advantage" of Sanchez's perceived ability to throw the ball. Not only did they ditch the run, they burried it in a cement shoe. Name me the last season when the Jets were OUTRUSHED in EVERY SINGLE game. The offensive game plan was so dramatically different than Sanchez's first 2 seasons, its not even funny. And I'm pretty sure the OC was doing what he was told. Sorry but that blatent failure falls on Ryan's shoulders. But I'm pretty sure the OC will be made a scape goat and Sanchez will continue to walk on water.

Having trouble keeping up. Here's the full list of firings. If I missed any, please feel free to add.

Spagnuolo and Devaney (GM) STL

Morris TBB

Caldwell and the Polians (VP & GM) IND

Previously:

Jack Del Rio JAC

Todd Haley KCC

Thanks for the update. Forgot all about Jack Del whats his face.

I am super excited that Frazier will probably be coming back. I did read that the Browns might bring in Chilly as an OC, so maybe doing so would let the Wilfs out of at least part of his contract and help them to part with Frazier? I think Les may be a nice guy, but just doesny seem to have the it factor to be a successful HC.

Seriously....I've been looking forward to this day for 3 weeks and nothing. They call it Black Monday for a reason Mr.Spanoz!!! Fire his ass already!!!

SD Union reporter stated this morning that he thinks there was a good chance Norv stays... :wacko:

No he does obviously have some say in the offensive plan. But i will honestly stick with Rex Ryan for a while, he coaches for better or for worse with his heart. Which is why i think so many players like him. Also i like it

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Tidbit from Simmons column:

"Other things we'll remember fondly: Those two years when we mistakenly thought Rex Ryan was a good coach; those three years when we thought a team led by Mark Sanchez could make the Super Bowl; that Week 17 in 2011 when people stupidly believed that the Jets could sneak into the playoffs if three other teams lost (which allowed us to bet on a superior Dolphins team giving less than a field goal); these last 19 months before Rex Ryan replaces Warren Sapp on Inside the NFL and ruins that show."

Chargers | A.J. Smith, Norv Turner to Return

Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:45:45 -0800

Team president Dean Spanos has decided to keep San Diego Chargers general manager A.J. Smith and head coach Norv Turner on for another season. Team president Dean Spanos is said to be optimistic about 2012. He has long been a believer in Turner and credits Smith with the bulk of the decisions that have shaped the franchise into a perennial contender.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: The San Diego Union-Tribune - Kevin Acee

I made that up to fook with Taz

If there's any truth to this then the move to LA just got a lot easier.

LOL missed the ghost! Thank God! We'd have to search the bridges for taz!

Edited by boltnlava

Seriously....I've been looking forward to this day for 3 weeks and nothing. They call it Black Monday for a reason Mr.Spanoz!!! Fire his ass already!!!

Taco,

Its spelled Spanos.

TIA

damn auto-correct

:wacko:

Yes because any of the things you first listed makes him a lousy pick for a HC.

He is not the problem in NY even though most people say he is because of his claims to go to the Superbowl and such. The issue lies in our OC. He can't establish the run, terrible play calling and honestly he should know Mark Sanchez's strengths and weaknesses and should not be trying to make him do things that he's not capable of. When we established the run we won games. When he tried to do his own thing Sanchez got uneasy played poorly etc. And don't even get me started on Holmes quitting.

Shonn Greene isn't an adequate RB, and replacing Braylon Edwards and Jerrico Cotchery with Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason didn't work out as brilliantly as ESPN would have led you to believe it would.

Get some better skill position talent, and win more than 1 game on the road and this team will be fine.

Shonn Greene isn't an adequate RB, and replacing Braylon Edwards and Jerrico Cotchery with Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason didn't work out as brilliantly as ESPN would have led you to believe it would.

Get some better skill position talent, and win more than 1 game on the road and this team will be fine.

Wow that's genius. Get better talent at the "skill positions" (and what positions are these exactly; which positions do not qualify as "skill positions"?) and your team will get better. I better call Rex and tell him he'd do better with better players, so get better players.