[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sanchez

tazinib1

I don't agree on the size part. He's 6'2"... Not a giant but not exactly Doug Flutie. While I agree his accuracy is a big question mark, his arm is stronger than Penningtons....though I think Chad was a better QB as his decision making was better and he was more accurate.

If he is 6'2", I'm a seven footer. Two of his INT's were to D linemen. He got lucky on another that went between a DL's helmet and his arm. And I don't agree about the arm strength. I see very little difference in velocity vs Pennington. His accuracy wouldn't even be good enough for throwing hand grenades. Pennington commanded the huddle. Sanchez is an eye witness.

He has a very fragile confidence level. He is a backup QB in this league. He is a terrible pocket passer. The Jets should roll him out for as long as it takes before they give up on him.

My fantasy trade.... Keller and Sanchez, two first round picks to the Colts for Luck. Sanchez can back up Manning, Keller can go to the pro bowl with Manning. No QB controversy in Indy.

FWIW, and I haven't seen all that many Jets games, I thought their running game was their real weakness. Greene approached bust status and LT2 is just hangin' in there because he can't think of anything else to do. If the game is "ground and pound", it sure didn't look like it.

FWIW, and I haven't seen all that many Jets games, I thought their running game was their real weakness. Greene approached bust status and LT2 is just hangin' in there because he can't think of anything else to do. If the game is "ground and pound", it sure didn't look like it.

Like Herman Edwards before him, Ryan thought he could plug any old schmuch in at RT. T Jones wasn't great... the O line could block though. Not anymore. B Moore is aging, Hunter isn't good enough to even play in the NFL and Slauson should be depth. There was no backup C on the roster either. It's like having Herm Edwards flashbacks.

Greene is a barely average RB. He is not at all elusive and he's as easy to hit as Jerome Bettis was, but lacks anything close to that kind of power. LT is a fine third down RB, but that is all.

On the defense, especially with Leonard injured, the safeties are awful. Maybin was cut by the BILLS, and was the Jets best pass rusher. What does that say about the front 7?

The recent draft picks have been all misses. That includes trading up for Sanchez. Brian Schottenheimer will take all the blame, be the guy under the bus. Ryan gets more like Herm every year.

Brian Schottenheimer will take all the blame, be the guy under the bus.

Agreed 100%

The fact that the offensive game plan shifted from a run heavy offense to an offense that NEVER LED ANY team in rushing this year, speaks volumes for how they thought of Sanchez's perceived ability to throw.

Agreed 100%

The fact that the offensive game plan shifted from a run heavy offense to an offense that NEVER LED ANY team in rushing this year, speaks volumes for how they thought of Sanchez's perceived ability to throw.

They stopped calling plays that had Sanchez throwing outside the hash marks because of how many INT's he threw out there. So... instead he threw TWO to D linemen yesterday. His blatant weaknesses were masked by a great run blocking O line and a very good defense. Now the D is only above average, and the running game sticks because the O line does.

Sanchez makes good WR's look bad. Eli makes average WR's pro bowlers. Just look at Burress, who played with both of them.

They stopped calling plays that had Sanchez throwing outside the hash marks because of how many INT's he threw out there. So... instead he threw TWO to D linemen yesterday. His blatant weaknesses were masked by a great run blocking O line and a very good defense. Now the D is only above average, and the running game sticks because the O line does.

Sanchez makes good WR's look bad. Eli makes average WR's pro bowlers. Just look at Burress, who played with both of them.

Looks like 2012 isn't going to be any better for you Jets fans. Sanchez to remain starter next year.

Well i'm sure a few of you anticipated my input in this thread.

Humph...where to begin, where to begin.

I will stand by this statement, I've never said it before but i will now. In the NFL i don't think you can win games with subpar QB play. To many times has our DEF done things to make it so easy for the offense to win games all they have to do is score, and they can't. (also our Defense has it's own issues but nothing like our offense) They can't because the offensive line is atrocious, Hunter should be cut. The offense in general couldn't get it done. Greene needs to stop trying to cut everything to the outside and start barreling people over, i don't know why he thinks he's Arian Foster out there. I think LT is a great guy to have in the locker room in addition to what he does when he's out on the field, i really don't mind having him there. But then you let Braylon go (btw i was one of the few who loved Braylon and was angry when we let him go.) And get the biggest doucher in Holmes and then get Burress, who honestly for someone who came out of jail...he tied Holmes in TD receptions. He wasn't even a problem in my eyes. The offense as a whole just killed games for us. I think now everyone has been really able to see what Sanchez is a sub par QB.

I really don't think it's his fault entirely, just some times you're not as good as perceived. For a while i think the stellar offensive line in previous years, maybe Richardson at FB along with other strong players have been able to cover for Sanchez and i also think back to back AFC Championships helped with the cover up. He is super hard working and dedicated and I can see that his teammates respect him and like him and support him, except for the drama queens. But there just comes a time in a players life where that isn't enough and if the jets organization wants to take the talent that they have on this team(and i really do feel there is a bunch of talent there) they'll go get P. Manning or someone stellar and make a run and maybe just maybe they'll teach Sanchez something. Until then, i'll be sick to my stomach over here. They're better then an 8-8 team, they should be in the playoffs. Sanchez just couldn't get it done.

I believe that I have heard the last of slappy Lions fans exclaiming that the Lions made an error when they drafted Stafford instead of Sanchez.

I hope that I have heard the last reference to The Sanchize.

• 1 month later...

My take on Sanchez is just like Morneo.

Way overrated and players to avoid. Never owned either one in any league and very happy about it. Sanchez never had the body the work in college to be selected where he was and Moreno never had any burst that translated to good at an NFL level.

Big hype, limited talent.