[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lynch signs new contract with Seahawks

Big John

Good deal, maybe a little high, but he was such a necessity. I'm afraid about the end of the contract, but the Hawks didn't have a choice. As much as I love Red Bryant, I don't know that you can give a guy $10+ million that doesn't rush the passer. You could probably say goodbye to Flynn/Manning/Mario if you did that.

Edited by Seahawks21

Man I'm torn on this one. I have him as a keeper and I absolutely HATE it when players get paid because so many drop off after getting the check <chrisjohnsonthroatclear> but it's better than him ending up being disgruntled and holding out or some other <chrisjohnsonthroatclear> crap going on.

Good deal, maybe a little high, but he was such a necessity. I'm afraid about the end of the contract, but the Hawks didn't have a choice.

Meh. If his average salary is $7.75mil, then he's slotted behind Peterson, McFadden, Johnson, Foster, and D.Williams for 2012 contracts right now. Rice and Forte will likely get bumps above this number, so paid as the #8 or so RB? That's about right.

Man I'm torn on this one. I have him as a keeper and I absolutely HATE it when players get paid because so many drop off after getting the check <chrisjohnsonthroatclear> but it's better than him ending up being disgruntled and holding out or some other <chrisjohnsonthroatclear> crap going on.

He was going to be a top 10 paid RB regardless who he signed with. At least he's only about to turn 26 and staying on a team with a young and talented Tom Cable coached O-line that started to come together in the latter half of the 2011 season.

Lynch is a different dude. He may very well fall off because he got paid, but you can't lump him in with the masses in regards to just about everything. He isn't one of the masses. Dude is on his own planet. He just may be crazy enough to legitimately try to reward the Seahawks for the loyalty.

He was going to be a top 10 paid RB regardless who he signed with. At least he's only about to turn 26 and staying on a team with a young and talented Tom Cable coached O-line that started to come together in the latter half of the 2011 season.
I guess. In a perfect world maybe they FT him for a year while they address other areas, he comes in energized and with a chip on his shoulder and goes balls out.

I guess. In a perfect world maybe they FT him for a year while they address other areas, he comes in energized and with a chip on his shoulder and goes balls out.

This was my first thought as well, but going back to what I said about him being a different kind of guy, I'd be concerned that he might take the franchise tag as an insult, and therefore not play as hard. I think he is the kind of guy that might play harder when he is happy. I wouldn't want to risk him being disinterested. Hopefully the front office has figured out which buttons to push in his head. Also, as hard as he played last year, rewarding him for his effort sets a good president for the rest of the team. He's become the catalyst for the entire team. Hopefully keeping him happy keeps that going.