[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who here uses skype or other video camera calls?

Pope Flick

Like Skype, and now that just about all laptops come with a built in camera it's super easy. The most important thing is having a good high speed connection, otherwise the call gets pretty choppy.

Like Skype, and now that just about all laptops come with a built in camera it's super easy. The most important thing is having a good high speed connection, otherwise the call gets pretty choppy.

this (although just today I had a crappy conversation with a guy in Finland--but normally things work just fine)

Did a skype conference call today (non-video). Worked fine. Not sure what stand-alone camera to use. I have used basic (i.e. not expensive) ones in the past and been fine--but I've used it for family and not for big-time business deals.

We use Skype a ton at work. Usually is good - the only issue I have is that the Skype calls tend to get feedback on occasion - not sure if that is related to the hardware different people are using or maybe headphones they are using but whne there is background noise we need to end the call and start again. Does not happen all that often but when it does it is annoying and sometimes time consuming.

Aside from things like a military husband overseas being able to see his family, there is a reason why video calls have not really taken off.

People like the privacy of being able to talk to people without them being able to see everything you're doing on the other end, or in my case some days, how I'm dressed. I work from home quite a bit, so I'd hate to have to get dressed up just to take a phone call.

I have a Microsoft Lifecam attached to my PC screen at the top and it works very well. Use it with Skype only and it works well enough for me.

Based on some of the gargantuan handguns we've seen you with, objects may be smaller than they appear in the Microsoft Lifecam. Either that, or somebody is overcompensating for something....