[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flacco: "I'm the best QB in the NFL"

Bronco Billy

I evaluate QB's with equal parts ability, statistics, post-season success, championships, ability to win and team circumstances. My current top 10, based on accomplishments to this point in their career.

With a list like that, could we be seeing the deepest that QB has ever been in the NFL in top-talent? You've got the older guys who've been doing it for years (Manning, Brady, Brees), the mid-career guys who belong near the top and could get even better (Rodgers, Eli, Roeth, Flacco, Ryan, Romo, Rivers), the relatively young guys with possibly untapped upside (Stafford, Newton, Dalton), and the new guys who have plenty of potential to move to the top (Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, maybe even Tannehill in time). That's over half the league who could end up in the conversation, and doesn't even include potential sleepers who could sneak into the top some years (Cutler, Freeman, Schaub, Locker, Fitzpatrick).

That's 22 QBs who could end up being startable in the next couple of years (not to mention that new rookie classes could make for more startable QBs), and I don't think anyone sees the trend towards passing reversing much.

Seems like "elite" might just get more and more subjective, as that list could change greatly from year to year with this many talented QBs.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

With a list like that, could we be seeing the deepest that QB has ever been in the NFL in top-talent? You've got the older guys who've been doing it for years (Manning, Brady, Brees), the mid-career guys who belong near the top and could get even better (Rodgers, Eli, Roeth, Flacco, Ryan, Romo, Rivers), the relatively young guys with possibly untapped upside (Stafford, Newton, Dalton), and the new guys who have plenty of potential to move to the top (Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, maybe even Tannehill in time). That's over half the league who could end up in the conversation, and doesn't even include potential sleepers who could sneak into the top some years (Cutler, Freeman, Schaub, Locker, Fitzpatrick).

That's 22 QBs who could end up being startable in the next couple of years (not to mention that new rookie classes could make for more startable QBs), and I don't think anyone sees the trend towards passing reversing much.

Seems like "elite" might just get more and more subjective, as that list could change greatly from year to year with this many talented QBs.

Exactly. Which is why I typically never draft a QB in the early rounds.

Exactly. Which is why I typically never draft a QB in the early rounds.

Yep, like BC always says, the guy has to a total lock to finish at the top to even consider it. Right now, the only ones that qualify to me would be Brees, Rodgers Brady (and as much as I hate to admit it, could add Cam if he continues what he did at the end of the year, would be RG3 too for similar reasons if not for the injury concerns).

Otherwise you wait, maybe take a safe guy like Wilson or Ryan in the mid-rounds if good value, or else wait, wait, wait and go QBBC with either 2 safe options, 2 high upside sleepers, or 1 of both.

BTW, you could even make the argument not to give up on Bradford or Ponder just yet, and even Carson Palmer is a serviceable backup with maybe a future starter in Pryor? As for the only 6 teams left whose QB I definitely don't want, any of them could draft or develop one (or maybe trade for a guy like Mallett?):

PHI

KCC

CLE

JAX

NYJ

ARI