[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flacco: "I'm the best QB in the NFL"

Bronco Billy

Everyone is taking his statement far too literally. It was a pep rally type event, hosted by a radio station. What did you want him to say?

I wanted him to say. "I am in the Tier right below Rodgers, Brady and Manning and somewhere in the tier of Matt Ryan and Big Ben"

• Like 1

What did you want him to say?

i believe there could have been a way for him to demonstrate confidence in his abilities while showing respect to those that are better than himself. at least 2 of the 4 i mentioned will be in the hof. as much as i like and respect him, he will have to a lot more in his career to become worthy of that consideration.

Everyone is taking his statement far too literally. It was a pep rally type event, hosted by a radio station. What did you want him to say?

I've got no problem with Flacco saying that he thinks he is the best in that situation. He is an NFL QB, what exactly would you want him to say ? I do disagree with a football fan saying they think Joe Flacco belongs in the top tier with Peyton, Brady, Rodgers & Brees. He hasn't even come close to that level yet, in my opinion.

I've got no problem with Flacco saying that he thinks he is the best in that situation. He is an NFL QB, what exactly would you want him to say ? I do disagree with a football fan saying they think Joe Flacco belongs in the top tier with Peyton, Brady, Rodgers & Brees. He hasn't even come close to that level yet, in my opinion.

Flacco outplayed both Manning and Brady. In consecutive weeks. On the road. In the playoffs. Rodgers couldn't outplay Kapernick and Brees and his 5,100 yards and 43 TDs couldn't even make the playoffs.

Give me the guy who can actually play vs. the guys who in theory can play. Flacco's 2012 resume is better than anybody else's.

• Like 1

Flacco outplayed both Manning and Brady. In consecutive weeks. On the road. In the playoffs. Rodgers couldn't outplay Kapernick and Brees and his 5,100 yards and 43 TDs couldn't even make the playoffs.

Give me the guy who can actually play vs. the guys who in theory can play. Flacco's 2012 resume is better than anybody else's.

i see what you are doing there..... slowly moving towards an argument that aikman was better than young. you're a crafty one mr nub.

• Like 1

I'll preface this by saying that I don't agree with him, but did anyone see that Merrill Hoge piece this morning? He ranked the top 5 qb's in the league currently, Flacco was his #1.

yeah when you're agreeing with Hodge, you're probably wrong :lol:

• Like 1

If you were putting together a team and could take any NFL QB to Quarterback that team for just one season, who would you take ?

Anyone who answers Joe Flacco is a Ravens fan or delusional.

Club, I agree that he was the best QB in this year's playoffs, and it isn't even close.

• Like 1

If you were putting together a team and could take any NFL QB to Quarterback that team for just one season, who would you take ?

Anyone who answers Joe Flacco is a Ravens fan or delusional.

Club, I agree that he was the best QB in this year's playoffs, and it isn't even close.

Not saying I'd take Flacco but let me point out that a couple of years ago there was much discussion about if Rodgers was elite or something along the lines of needing to do it longer.

Elite QBs don't play like crap on the road during the regular season and top out at 3800 yards, they just don't.

Though he does seem to have that quality of being at his best in the playoffs, so I think there are valid arguments between him and Ryan (same class) than him and the guys who have way more than just team accolades.

I mean, if there's a question a guy's elite, he's not elite.... yet anyway, let's see a season with more of that.

ETA: signed pissed off flacco owner

Edited by delusions of grandeur

since becoming the starter in GB ...

- 1 season under 4000 yards (3922 in 15 games)

- lowest passing tds was 28

- 1 time with qb rating under 100 (93.8)

- only threw more than 10 ints twice

- made playoffs 4/5 years as starter

- has carries his team without a true running threat (carried his team to the championship)

since becoming the starter in GB ...

- 1 season under 4000 yards (3922 in 15 games)

- lowest passing tds was 28

- 1 time with qb rating under 100 (93.8)

- only threw more than 10 ints twice

- made playoffs 4/5 years as starter

- has carries his team without a true running threat (carried his team to the championship)

I'm not arguing or saying he is better than Rodgers...just pointing out that a couple of years ago there were people here saying to slow down on Rodgers and let him do it longer...or something like that.

flacco:

- highest yards= 3800 (this year)

- highest tds= 25

- ints= 10 or higher every year he has played

- highest qb rating= 93.6 (once. every other year 88 or under)

- made playoffs 5/5 seasons

- strong rushing attack every year

I'm not arguing or saying he is better than Rodgers...just pointing out that a couple of years ago there were people here saying to slow down on Rodgers and let him do it longer...or something like that.

yes... i recall the thread. i argued on behalf of his elite status at the time.

flacco:

- highest yards= 3800 (this year)

- highest tds= 25

- ints= 10 or higher every year he has played

- highest qb rating= 93.6 (once. every other year 88 or under)

- made playoffs 5/5 seasons

- strong rushing attack every year

Roethlisberger

-highest yards = 4,328

-highest td's = 32

-ints = 3 years under 10

-highest qb rating = 104.1 (Career is 92.7)

-made playoffs 6/9 seasons; 10-4 Record

-strong rushing attack majority, but, not recently; good defense; bad offensive line for majority

-1 motorcycle crash without a helmet

-2 accusations of sexual assault

-several accusations of being a d-bag

:whistle:

Edited by Menudo

Roethlisberger

-highest yards = 4,328

-highest td's = 32

-ints = 3 years under 10

-strong rushing attack majority, but, not recently; good defense; bad offensive line for majority

we've had this chat once or twice :D

If I were starting a team from scratch, Flacco would be on my short list due to his age and his ability. That would trump Peyton and Brady and perhaps even Brees (don't know his age).

If I were starting an expansion franchise and wanted that special QB to be the face of my franchise and a leader, I would go with the following based on being under 30 and a strong leader and ability: Andrew Luck and Joe Flacco from the AFC (I am not sold on Andy Dalton). From the NFC, Robert Griffin III (although I have no problem with people keeping him off this list due to injury), Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson.

I know there are a lot of other QBs, but I eleiminated any going into their 10th year in the league or longer.

If I had my choice, it would be a two person race and I would go Luck over Rodgers due to age. After that, I would probably go with the younger crew or Wilson, Kaepernick, Griffin and Newton based on ability and marketability. And then Flacco and then Ryan.

I am not a Flacco hater and I hope he gets what he wants. He seems like a decent guy. As a Giants fan, I was concerned when Eli got the big pay day as to the talent around him being less due to his cap hit. However, Eli has proved he can make a star out of anyone (Cruz, Steve Smith, Bennett, Barden etc.). With the huge hit Flacco's contract will make against the cap and Boldin's potential impending departure, I wonder if Flacco can do the same next year. If he does, then he deserves the contract and alofty ranking.

Roethlisberger

-highest yards = 4,328

-highest td's = 32

-ints = 3 years under 10

You forgot -sucked Dick Lebeau's left tit while Cowher sucked his right

I agree with you and would trade Romo for Flacco in a hearbeat. Flacco can manage a game, and make throws when needed. That is the true formula for winning in the NFL. Has nothing to do with stats, it's all about wins and losses.

Just my opinion. Flame on!

Oh, well if "people" think it's correct, it must be so.