[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Girl Scouts - The New Threat to Humanity

bushwacked

I was going to write some smart alek answer regarding cookies, but then it started eating away at me. Who are they to start an "official Inquiry". I hope the GS basically ignore them. I know its not cut and dried, but I think the catholic organziation has less weight than 50 years ago.

With all the good that the GS are doing, and maybe doing some things indirectly to piss-off the Catholic organization, maybe its time that the GS take a stand and minimize the catholic organziation by unhitching themselves and not have to answer to "Official Inquiries" by an organization that has no legal leg to stand on. Would others take note that the GS snubbed them and continued on by working with Muslim, Protestant, Presbyterian and other non-denominational organizations. I am sure others see the good the GS does and wont harp on some minor issues.

Those who have experience or significant others or daughters with the GS organization, do you think this is possible?

ETA: Is it just that the Girl Scout use some of their facilities to have meetings and activities? It doesnt seem to me that the link is any stronger than that? Is there funding they give to the Girl Scouts?

Edited by Joessfl

Those who have experience or significant others or daughters with the GS organization, do you think this is possible?

My oldest daughter is in the Scouts.

I would hope that the girls could find an alternative location for their meetings. I had no idea that there was an affiliation. My daughter's troop meets at the troop leader's house or the school.

It is rather ironic that the Catholic Church, of all entities, have an "official inquiry" into another group. They haven't exactly been the most cooperative when it comes to people asking questions about pedophiles in their ranks.

An organization that covered up the molestation of thousands of young boys over a period of decades has the balls to to weigh in on whether or not the Girl Scouts and Doctors Without Borders are "moral" organizations. What a strange world we live in. Good thing they aren't taxed.

• Like 2

Me thinks the Catholic elders would certainly "support" the Boy Scouts. Depending of course the Scouts position when brought before the diddlers.

That is the worst misspelling of elders I have ever seen. It is twice as odd since you wrote the word just moments before.

If the Catholic Church doesn't agree with the policies of the Girl Scouts how about they just don't have scout troops that are directly affilliated with a Catholic parish. Instead of thinking they need to force the Girl Scouts to change their policies to comply with their views. Its sad that some people feel the need to control every thing they interact with. Just because they have certain views, doesn't mean the Girl Scouts have to do that. What's next, investigating the little league teams to see if the parents involved are all upstanding Christians/Catholics before letting their kids play in those leagues?

• Like 1

The representative from Indiana, Bob Morris, struck me as the most reckless of the accusers. He had time to write his accusations but didn't have time for research? As for the rest "Let he who is without sin................. "

Edited by Scorcher

I don't see what the big deal is. Neither group is forced to associate with the other. If they wish to associate they have to come to a mutually agreed upon understanding. That process takes inquiry one of the other. If they wish to strike an accord they may, if not they can go their separate ways.

Me, I left the Catholic Church when I reached the age of reason. I have known many who have. Often they have anomosity for the church, like a betrayed and jilted lover. I do not have that anomosity.