[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys Cut TE Colin Cochart, Good sign for Witten?

Cowboyz1

Not sure what they are up to here but it looks like Witten may play. They go and sign Cochart off waivers then a few days later cut him and move Lance Dunbar a rookie RB to the active roster. Strange but it suggests Witten is lobbing to play and I'm thinking he is winning the argument. Still very odd to get a guy then let him go like that.

:link:

Witten really wants to play ... he offered to sign a waiver that specified that if he re-injured his spleen he would not hold the team responsible. The team declined.

With all the litigation going on, I think the team had to decline.

As a Witten owner, I'd like to know why he even made the trip. I think the best thing is to give him a week off so he will be good to go for week 2. Why even let Witten argue to play. If he isn't cleared medically, he should have stayed home. Of course, it's easy to say here in fantasy land. The Cowboys know how important this game is, but I'm also sure they will not jeopardize their starting TE.

Witten really wants to play ... he offered to sign a waiver that specified that if he re-injured his spleen he would not hold the team responsible. The team declined.

And Witten denies ever offering it