[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shakeups about to happen in Philly?

Here are my thoughts: the die was cast for Reid as soon as he made Vick the starter. He probably thought Vick gave him a longer lifeline than Kolb would so he took the chance. He lost.

I agree that the problems are larger than Vick and the organization needs to change head coach. I wouldn't do that midseason and, if you're going to play the games, play to win.

I would start Vick against the Saints. This will tell you what Vick's maximum upside is for the rest of the season. If he looks great, and he should against NO, ride him. If he sucks, you know for sure he's totally, completely done. Bench him and move on.

Leaving Vick hanging isn't doing the team or the organization any favors. You're firing Reid at year's end anyway so why not salvage as much as you can for next year.

I agree they should give vick the game against the saints and see how it goes. if the sucks vs. a defense that bad, then you have to pull the plug.

Here are my thoughts: the die was cast for Reid as soon as he made Vick the starter. He probably thought Vick gave him a longer lifeline than Kolb would so he took the chance. He lost.

He did? Nothing about Kolb indicates that he is any good at all and I think Kolb would have gotten himself and Reid fired a season ago.

As a Foles owner, just as long as he gets in for a few games this season, I'm fine with it.

This is Assante Samuel spreading gasoline on a situation because his feelings were hurt and Philly is playing like 60% of the league, jekyl & hyde.

Teams can turn around a game in minutes, and they and they can turn around a season in weeks.

Basically I don't see any reason the Eagles should expect him to catch fire the next few weeks. I'd go with Foles for the hell of it. Considering Foles is the future, you might as well see what you got so you can plan accordingly.

Fortunately for us and the rest of the football world...coaches don't do anything for the HELL of it, they play to win the games. All are your facts don't mean a thing when Reid knows very well Vick gives them a better chance to win then a rookie 2 season shy of being ready for the NFL. Not the mention a small fact you left out of your post, the Eagles have played the toughest part of their schedule already and now face one of the easiest schedules remaining, a very good chance Vick rebounds in the upcoming weeks.

I agree with earlier suggestions, the season is still not lost yet. Yes Vick has been bad but so has the whole offensive line, defense & playcalling. You start Vick next week and probably see what's his value. Once you know playoffs is out of the picture then maybe (big maybe) you start the rookie. You don't want the rookie to come in and get murdered out there before he is ready like that Browns QB last year and Jimmy Clauson. Vick is somewhat good, the Eagles not so much. And Kevin Kolb, I laugh that people still figure he is still a good QB. He has had 2 years to prove himself and he blows, can't even do better than Skelton. Sheesh!

Fortunately for us and the rest of the football world...coaches don't do anything for the HELL of it, they play to win the games. All are your facts don't mean a thing when Reid knows very well Vick gives them a better chance to win then a rookie 2 season shy of being ready for the NFL. Not the mention a small fact you left out of your post, the Eagles have played the toughest part of their schedule already and now face one of the easiest schedules remaining, a very good chance Vick rebounds in the upcoming weeks.

Let's see about it being the hardest part of the schedule..

Week 1 vs. Cleveland. Cleveland ranks 26th in YPG, and are 25th in Passing yards per game.

Week 2 vs. Baltimore. Baltimore ranks 28th in YPG, giving up an average of 400.0/game. They also rank 24th in Passing yds/game

Week 3 vs. Arizona. A tough matchup. Arizona ranks 6th in YPG and 4th in PASS YPG.

Week 4 vs. NYG. Giants rank 24th in YPG and 26th in Passing YPG.

Week 5 vs. Pittsburgh. A second tough matchup. Pitt ranks 2nd in YPG and 1st in PASS YPG

Week 6. Detroit. DET ranks 9th in YPG and 9th in PASS YPG

Week 7 vs. Atlanta. Ranks 20th in YPG and 10th in PASS YPG

If all these #'s are averaged together we get an average defense that ranks....

16th in yards per game

14th in passing yards per game

So basically it's been average difficulty for Vick as far as the defenses he has faced and he has shat the bed. Clearly, Reid can pull Vick with justification -- not just for the hell of it as I said -- but due to poor performance and a promising backup.

And I think it is a lost season by now for Philly. Considering NYG is 6-2, they are a virtual lock to win the division. So they have to get in via wildcard where 8 other teams have the same record or a better record than Philly. Unlike you, I don't see the following stretch of games as any more winnable than the 7 they already played:

@ New Orleans

Dallas

@ Washington

Carolina

@ Dallas

Let's see about it being the hardest part of the schedule..

Week 1 vs. Cleveland. Cleveland ranks 26th in YPG, and are 25th in Passing yards per game.

Week 2 vs. Baltimore. Baltimore ranks 28th in YPG, giving up an average of 400.0/game. They also rank 24th in Passing yds/game

Week 3 vs. Arizona. A tough matchup. Arizona ranks 6th in YPG and 4th in PASS YPG.

Week 4 vs. NYG. Giants rank 24th in YPG and 26th in Passing YPG.

Week 5 vs. Pittsburgh. A second tough matchup. Pitt ranks 2nd in YPG and 1st in PASS YPG

Week 6. Detroit. DET ranks 9th in YPG and 9th in PASS YPG

Week 7 vs. Atlanta. Ranks 20th in YPG and 10th in PASS YPG

If all these #'s are averaged together we get an average defense that ranks....

16th in yards per game

14th in passing yards per game

So basically it's been average difficulty for Vick as far as the defenses he has faced and he has shat the bed. Clearly, Reid can pull Vick with justification -- not just for the hell of it as I said -- but due to poor performance and a promising backup.

And I think it is a lost season by now for Philly. Considering NYG is 6-2, they are a virtual lock to win the division. So they have to get in via wildcard where 8 other teams have the same record or a better record than Philly. Unlike you, I don't see the following stretch of games as any more winnable than the 7 they already played:

@ New Orleans

Dallas

@ Washington

Carolina

@ Dallas

So you don't think their previous schedule was harder then whats on tap...really?!?!? Ok then, guess i have to show you ;)

Upcoming games , defense against the pass

Dal - 17th

Wash - 16th

Carolina - 14th

NO - 32nd

Previous games defense against the pass

Ari - 4th

ATL - 5th

NYG - 12th

And here's the kicker, in previous games where Vick has played against defenses ranked outside the top 13, he has dominated them

Balt - 19th - Vick torched them

Det - 22nd - again Vick torched them

I see 4 sweet games coming against defenses where he can excel, and I think Reid agrees with me ;)

• Like 1

So you don't think their previous schedule was harder then whats on tap...really?!?!? Ok then, guess i have to show you ;)

Dal - 17th

Wash - 16th

Carolina - 14th

NO - 32nd

Previous games defense against the pass

Ari - 4th

ATL - 5th

NYG - 12th

And here's the kicker, in previous games where Vick has played against defenses ranked outside the top 13, he has dominated them

Balt - 19th - Vick torched them

Det - 22nd - again Vick torched them

I see 4 sweet games coming against defenses where he can excel, and I think Reid agrees with me ;)

You just sort of cherrypicked stats for your argument. I guess you can just ignore Week 1 against Cleveland all together where Vick threws 4 INTs while passing for 51%.

And the definition of "torching" a team is as arbitrary as it gets. That is why I used stats to back up what I was trying to argue. Vick did not TORCCH detroit. His #'s:

311 yds @ 61% completion, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, QB RAT 77.4, and a fumble

Or even for Baltimore, I don't call this torching a defense:

371 yards @ 72% 2 TOT TDs, 2 INTs, 94.7 QB RAT, 1 fumble

So sure he put up 300+ yards, which doesn't mean much in this throwing era, but in both "torched" games he coughed up the ball 3 times each game!

Dal - 17th

Wash - 16th

Carolina - 14th

NO - 32nd

So far:

1 interception and 1 fumble. We will see if he can turn it around mid-game...and start to excel.

Post all the stats and upcoming schedules you want. Make a huge outcry for Foles. The cold, hard truth is that anyone they put at QB is going to get killed because of that truly offensive line. If Foles really is your QB of the future, you at least gotta protect him from getting obliterated until next season when they can get a better o-line.

• Like 1

Post all the stats and upcoming schedules you want. Make a huge outcry for Foles. The cold, hard truth is that anyone they put at QB is going to get killed because of that truly offensive line. If Foles really is your QB of the future, you at least gotta protect him from getting obliterated until next season when they can get a better o-line.

Thank you. I think that's what most huddlers fail to realize. Vick play wasn't bad. They had 400 yards of offense and was in the redzone 5 times. The offensive line killed Vick and the WR's couldn't make plays and the defense is abysmal. You put Foles in their and he ends up like Colt McCoy with concussions and out weeks.

We have the worst o-line in Pro Football ugh

With no blocking you can not play football.?

From what I have seen of the Eagles:

Vick is Vick. Strong arm, great legs, poor judgment, poor field vision, poor anticipation. He hasn't changed. When the field gets shrunken in the red zone his flaws are really exposed.

Playcalling is poor. McCoy is averaging less than 20 touches a game, and Celek is your 2nd leading receiver just a hair behind Jackson? With the personnel they have? That's just irrational.

The blocking schemes are incoherent. I watched the entire game last night and still don't have a grasp of what their pass blocking rules are. Getting repeatedly A gapped on pass plays is inexcusable.

Both the run and pass Ds are vulnerable and fairly easy to isolate and expose. Not a hell of a lot of discipline on run D and the DBs can't tackle worth a damn. Little push from the D line.

This just isn't a very good team right now, but it would appear to me that it starts with coaching, both at the top and through the coordinators and position coaches. Poor playcalling, poor scheming, poor technique. That's just ugly for a pro team. They don't get the ball into their playmaker's hands enough and have serious man-love for their 3rd and 4th best receivers on the team, leaving their top 2 guys with the scraps. There's just not enough talent to overcome that.

From what I have seen of the Eagles:

Vick is Vick. Strong arm, great legs, poor judgment, poor field vision, poor anticipation. He hasn't changed. When the field gets shrunken in the red zone his flaws are really exposed.

Agree with on everything but this. Vick is NOT Vick of old in my opinion. He is older, slowing down, and defenses have adapted easily. No big plays by him anymore.

Too bad Reid is sticking with em. Interesting that his brother Marcus tweeted that "we want out of Philly" and he said something along the lines of "please trade my brother, please please please"