[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shakeups about to happen in Philly?

That's what the Falcons players are saying:

Asante Samuel Goes Off On Andy Reid

It was a relatively quite game from Asante Samuel, but the talkative cornerback made sure that changed after the game.

In the video below, Samuel goes off on Andy Reid, Howie Roseman, and the Eagles organization.

Samuel says that he tried to talk to Reid after the game, but that his former coach blew him off. Samuel also was quoted as saying that the difference between the Falcons and the Eagles is coaching and the in Atlanta "we run the ball."

Say what you want about Samuel, but what he is saying isn't exactly false.

Samuel was not the only Falcon to say something about the Eagles. Multiple Atlanta players were joking in the locker room after the game about how they "just got Reid fired." But perhaps the most ominous quote came from Tony Gonzalez, who told Bob Grotz of the Delco Times that he talked to some of the Eagles players and "something's going to go down."

What will that be? Chances are we won't find out tomorrow as all media availability is cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy.

Watch the video here

What exactly are they going to do? Scrap the entire season to improve their draft position next season? Reid has the only offense Vick can play in, and Foles is at least 2 years from being ready. I know that's the problem and it's what you get when you hitch your wagon to Vick, but there isn't a viable alternative short of turning into the NFC's version of KC.

I kind of doubt it as Billy said. Foles isn't ready and Reid needs to win to keep his job. Sounds more like Asante convinced his new locker room that he knows things. He's grabbing his last couple minutes of notoriety before he washes out of the league

What exactly are they going to do? Scrap the entire season to improve their draft position next season? Reid has the only offense Vick can play in, and Foles is at least 2 years from being ready. I know that's the problem and it's what you get when you hitch your wagon to Vick, but there isn't a viable alternative short of turning into the NFC's version of KC.

Are you sure about that? It seems like over the last couple years, QB's have come in and had an impact their rookie year. It just seems they're more nfl ready than they were a few years ago.

I kind of doubt it as Billy said. Foles isn't ready and Reid needs to win to keep his job. Sounds more like Asante convinced his new locker room that he knows things. He's grabbing his last couple minutes of notoriety before he washes out of the league

I'm not sure Vick is helping Reid keep his job..

It was actually Tony Gonzalez who claimed to have spoken to Philly players who said "something's going to go down", and Vick's press-conference sure hinted that they're at least considering a QB change.

Who knows though... Is it out of the question that they could let Reid Go? There had been some chatter about that even before the Falcons thrashing.

I think they should fire Reid and bring in Holmgren. No one would know that they even made a switch.

http://pshieldssport...e-holmgren6.png

Alternatively: http://images.teamta...ers_1299134.jpg

ETA: or http://f3v3r.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/enhanced-buzz-22374-1351026046-16.jpg

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I think they should fire Reid and bring in Holmgren. No one would know that they even made a switch.

http://pshieldssport...e-holmgren6.png

Alternatively: http://images.teamta...ers_1299134.jpg

ETA: or http://f3v3r.com/wp-...51026046-16.jpg

I know you're just joking, but Holmgren is still an employee of the Browns.

Andy Reid needs to take a 3mo vacation with his wife and kids...and, while he's gone, decide if he wants to keep coaching or to be a good husband and dad. It would appear he can't do both. That's not a knock on him; most guys can't do it both.

Asante Samuel Goes Off On Andy Reid

It was a relatively quite game from Asante Samuel, but the talkative cornerback made sure that changed after the game.

In the video below, Samuel goes off on Andy Reid, Howie Roseman, and the Eagles organization.

Samuel says that he tried to talk to Reid after the game, but that his former coach blew him off. Samuel also was quoted as saying that the difference between the Falcons and the Eagles is coaching and the in Atlanta "we run the ball."

Say what you want about Samuel, but what he is saying isn't exactly false.

Samuel was not the only Falcon to say something about the Eagles. Multiple Atlanta players were joking in the locker room after the game about how they "just got Reid fired." But perhaps the most ominous quote came from Tony Gonzalez, who told Bob Grotz of the Delco Times that he talked to some of the Eagles players and "something's going to go down."

What will that be? Chances are we won't find out tomorrow as all media availability is cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy.

who wrote this article ? Yukon ?

Even Vick is hinting at a QB change. Almost seems that he's received a warning of a change if things don't improve and he realizes that they haven't.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-10-28/sports/34779009_1_michael-vick-nick-foles-head-coach

If Andy Reid wasn't seriously considering a change at quarterback based on Sunday's game, he may reconsider after Michael Vick's postgame comments.

"Obviously, he's thinking about making a change at the quarterback position," Vick said after the Eagles' third consecutive loss, a 30-17 beating by the Atlanta Falcons. "The thing I do know, when I go and watch the film and evaluate myself, I'm giving us every opportunity to win. I'm trying my hardest. Some things don't go right when I want them to, some things do.

"If that's the decision coach wants to make, then I support it."

Thing is, Vick was making a concession speech before the polls even opened. Reid was his usual chatty self after a bad loss. All he said about the quarterback situation was the usual folderol.

"I'll take a look at the tape," Reid said. "There are some things he could do better. I'll go back and look at it. I'm not going to stand here and make decisions. I'll go back and look at it and analyze it."

To hear Vick basically accepting a demotion - while pointing a few fingers at his teammates - could nudge Reid into going with rookie Nick Foles. The last thing the head coach needs is a deflated, defeated man playing the most important position on a desperate team.

"This is fixable," Reid said, all evidence to the contrary.

It is not a simple decision. It would be coaching malpractice to put a rookie behind the Eagles offensive line right now, especially on the road in the Superdome next Monday night. The game after that is against Dallas, at home. Given the mood of the fans during the last two games, that could be an even more hostile environment.

There was a time when we could at least factor in how Foles has looked in practice. But the cunning Reid closed practice to the media this year, citing the competitive disadvantage of reporters tweeting information. Since then, the Eagles' record is 2-4.

Unfortunately, we get to watch Vick.

He played his cleanest game of the season. There were no interceptions, no fumbles, no defenders running the other way. But the lack of head-slapping mistakes didn't translate into better results on the scoreboard.

It didn't help that Vick was playing against his former team, or that Matt Ryan put on a spectacular display of elite quarterbacking. The contrast didn't flatter Vick.

Vick not out quite yet as starter

source: rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/246100/michael-vick-still-eagles-starter-as-of-now)

Eagles are a mess anyway.Offensive line is terrible, so you can't expect too much from your QB if you can't protect him. The receiving targets are inconsistent for Philly as well. The only bright spot offensively is McCoy who is underperforming (last three games he has a 3.3, 1.6, and 2.8 YPC avg respectively).

Per Roto:

Citing a person with knowledge of the situation, Reuben Frank of CSN Philly reports Michael Vick has not been benched for rookie Nick Foles, and Vick remains the Eagles' starting quarterback "as of now."

Frank did add enough caution to his report that he's allowing for an internal change of heart from the Eagles' organization. Updating previous items, coach Andy Reid's Monday press conference has been canceled due to Hurricane Sandy, so we won't be getting concrete clarification today. Consider Vick the Eagles' starter until we hear otherwise from Big Red himself. The Eagles face the Saints at the Superdome on Monday Night Football in Week 9.

Source: Reuben Frank on Twitter

Oct 29 - 2:14 PM

with the Saints, Redskins, Cowboys, Bucs coming up .............NO WAY IN HELL Reid pulls Vick now, those are all winnable games that they would have no chance with a rookie

Vick will catch fire against the Saints and others in the next few weeks and this discussion will be over

with the Saints, Redskins, Cowboys, Bucs coming up .............NO WAY IN HELL Reid pulls Vick now, those are all winnable games that they would have no chance with a rookie

Vick will catch fire against the Saints and others in the next few weeks and this discussion will be over

Wishful thinking. Let's see what the facts are on the file case of Michael Vick...

1.) He's 32 years old

2.) He's 21st in Yds/attempt

3.) He's 25th in % completion

4.) He's 5th worst in the league for sacks

5.) Basically, strictly as a throwing QB, he is slightly below average

6.) His rushing yards per carry/attempt is the lowest it has been in his entire career for a season

7.) He's on pace for 13 rushing fumbles this year, which is worst in the entire league (RBs included)

8.) He's on pace for 17 interceptions or so this year which would be worst in his career

Basically I don't see any reason the Eagles should expect him to catch fire the next few weeks. I'd go with Foles for the hell of it. Considering Foles is the future, you might as well see what you got so you can plan accordingly.

Here are my thoughts: the die was cast for Reid as soon as he made Vick the starter. He probably thought Vick gave him a longer lifeline than Kolb would so he took the chance. He lost.

I agree that the problems are larger than Vick and the organization needs to change head coach. I wouldn't do that midseason and, if you're going to play the games, play to win.

I would start Vick against the Saints. This will tell you what Vick's maximum upside is for the rest of the season. If he looks great, and he should against NO, ride him. If he sucks, you know for sure he's totally, completely done. Bench him and move on.

Leaving Vick hanging isn't doing the team or the organization any favors. You're firing Reid at year's end anyway so why not salvage as much as you can for next year.