[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs vs Chargers

fingfootball

What I don't get is why weren't the bolts feeding Mathews the ball earlier in the game? Only 9 carries through 3 quarters (no touches in the second quarter)? Seems like the prudent thing to do was give it to him ALL GAME LONG! Now I'm not a Mathews owner this year, but geez, Norv waits until the 4th quarter to consitently give his best player the ball, then sees results? Wow, I'm astonished at the complete stupidity of Norv.

I mean, I see the logic in mixing up your guys. But Brown is past his prime and has lost a step, it's a fact. The announcing crew talks about his sure hands, but Mathews is a very capable pass cathcer.

Brown looks great statistically, but I'm not impressed by the 6-7 under routes he catches on 3rd and 10 per game. Or the 6 yard nickle runs he rips off....Big deal. Mathews would be chewing up those nickel runs because it's the one down and formation where Norv isn't tipping his hand. Their offense is like ...1st down run with Mathews....2nd down play action with Mathews....3rd down single back with brown...and ? It's the only time there's any doubt.

Show me somebody moving the chains on 2nd down and 5 with an 8 yard carry and I'm more impressed. I understand more when they put Jackie Battle on 3rd and 2 and he gets it then Ronnie Brown's 3rd and long plays. I'd understand more Mathews taking an entire series off for rest. I don't get the automatic 3rd down Ronnie Brown time....unless Brown is some crazy awesome blocker and Mathews sucks, but I never read that.

Alright, frustrated Mathews owner here, but I think I make some unbiased and fair points about the Bolt's O. It could be better.

Officially............I'm trading Mathews for any WR#2 this week..........done with his sorry ass and promises from Turner he'd be a "work horse" this season

I think I'm with you.

Damn, just watched the hit on Charles again. Took a helmet right in the shoulder/neck. Scary.

I mean, I see the logic in mixing up your guys. But Brown is past his prime and has lost a step, it's a fact. The announcing crew talks about his sure hands, but Mathews is a very capable pass cathcer.

Brown looks great statistically, but I'm not impressed by the 6-7 under routes he catches on 3rd and 10 per game. Or the 6 yard nickle runs he rips off....Big deal. Mathews would be chewing up those nickel runs because it's the one down and formation where Norv isn't tipping his hand. Their offense is like ...1st down run with Mathews....2nd down play action with Mathews....3rd down single back with brown...and ? It's the only time there's any doubt.

Show me somebody moving the chains on 2nd down and 5 with an 8 yard carry and I'm more impressed. I understand more when they put Jackie Battle on 3rd and 2 and he gets it then Ronnie Brown's 3rd and long plays. I'd understand more Mathews taking an entire series off for rest. I don't get the automatic 3rd down Ronnie Brown time....unless Brown is some crazy awesome blocker and Mathews sucks, but I never read that.

Alright, frustrated Mathews owner here, but I think I make some unbiased and fair points about the Bolt's O. It could be better.

Not a Mathews owner but this is RIGHT ON!! Totally agree!!

Chiefs want #1 draft bad. Not that, that's going to help them any.

How so?

With a new coach, possibly new GM and finally a franchise QB with all the weapons around him I think you shooting from the hip. Face the facts, the Chiefs have good players. They are severely underperforming. Theres a reason they were picked to win the division by so many. There is no leadership, that's the reason they are so terrible and have had problems since Dick V and Trent Green left.

How so?

With a new coach, possibly new GM and finally a franchise QB with all the weapons around him I think you shooting from the hip. Face the facts, the Chiefs have good players. They are severely underperforming. Theres a reason they were picked to win the division by so many. There is no leadership, that's the reason they are so terrible and have had problems since Dick V and Trent Green left.

What franchise QB do you see in next years draft ? for me i'm not totally sold on Geno or Matt as much as Luck and RG3. Not to mention they might not have Bowe there next year as well. There in a weaker division so they could turn it around sooner then later no doubt. With a Coach and the right QB any team has a chance to be successful. The problem is that those two things can linger on in mediocre longer then any other two positions on a team. Out of curiosity What coach would you like to see them bring in as well ?

Edited by Seahawk

What franchise QB do you see in next years draft ?

I usually don't study up on them until the end of the year to be honest, but right now I like Barkley the most. I agree, there is no Luck coming out of this draft, but they need a pure pocket passer and more importantly a cocky, confident TEAM leader.

for me i'm not totally sold on Geno or Matt as much as Luck and RG3. Not to mention they might not have Bowe there next year as well. There in a weaker division so they could turn it around sooner then later no doubt. With a Coach and the right QB any team has a chance to be successful. The problem is that those two things can linger on in mediocre longer then any other two positions on a team.

I know, they had better get it right. We've all had about enough of the way this franchise has been run for so long.

Out of curiosity What coach would you like to see them bring in as well ?

Once again, its really too early to tell. I wish they had went after Jeff Fisher. Everyone always mentions Cowher, but I don't see him coming back and frankly I don't think he's the answer. I would like to see a young guy that comes from a good coaching tree.