[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Lloyd

Joebirds55

If there was one player with huge expectations that disappointed Lloyd would certainly be up there. People were saying in pre season that they expected him to maybe even approach the historic randy moss season.

I touched on this in the advice section but wanted to bring it here. Do people expect him to maybe finally produce now that gronk will be out? Or continue the mediocrity/sub par play?

I dunno, seems to me that he's done thus far what I anticipate was wanted from NE ... he's one weapon of many in a prolific passing attack. He can serve to stretch the field a bit (matters not if he gets the catch or is even targeted on a given play as long as he pulls the defenders away from the closer-range lanes used by Gronk, Welker, et al?) but has also been of some use in the possession game.

Maybe I read it wrong & NE really expected him to be putting up massive long-ball numbers, but at the start of the season I had him projected for:

59 / 1000 / 7

At his current pace, he is on track for something like:

74 / 840 / 5

... catches are way up, yardage is down a bit & TDs are close ... not a total debacle.

I didn't expect him to be huge there. I thought for 5-7 years that he had enormous talent, but he can't stand out there. They've got too many guys that are good at what he does. He's just another great route runner with great hands on a team full of great route runners with great hands. The only thing that offense needed to complete it was a burner. There are TD's to be had there for a burner, but a burner, Lloyd is not.

I was one who bought the hype and regret the decision to draft him in round 5 of a 12 team redraft league, especially since the likes of Vincent Jackson, CJ Spiller, Willis McGahee and Demaryius Thomas went in the round following. Fortunately I paired him up with Stafford and finally traded him last week for Gore & DJax, as of right now Lloyd would be ranked 5th at WR on my roster, and we start 3 at most.

Turns out my drafting of Reggie Wayne in the 7th round was far superior to my drafting of Lloyd in the 5th. In the interest of full disclosure though I packaged Wayne & RGIII and traded them for Stafford & AJ Green way back in week 4.

But I can honestly say that outside of Brady, Welker & Gronk this season ... I wouldn't want to own another Patriot player because there's just too much inconsistency. (Maybe Gostkowski ... but meh ... kickers)

I had him, and he had only 1 productive week. The week he went 2/28/2. That's the only meaningful game from here, I believe there was another but that's besides the point. The point is I dropped him today. He is too sporadic, on a team with too many weapons like someone said earlier. He's competing with Hernandez, Woodhead, Ridley, Edelman, Welker for TD's. Last week he got demoted from 2 WR's sets. With 52 points on the board he came out with nothing. The Patriots don't score 52 points every week. PPR he might stand a chance but depends on how they use Edelman.

I had him, and he had only 1 productive week. The week he went 2/28/2. That's the only meaningful game from here, I believe there was another but that's besides the point.

That's the week I played against him too...

I had him, and he had only 1 productive week. The week he went 2/28/2. That's the only meaningful game from here, I believe there was another but that's besides the point. The point is I dropped him today. He is too sporadic, on a team with too many weapons like someone said earlier. He's competing with Hernandez, Woodhead, Ridley, Edelman, Welker for TD's. Last week he got demoted from 2 WR's sets. With 52 points on the board he came out with nothing. The Patriots don't score 52 points every week. PPR he might stand a chance but depends on how they use Edelman.

I think that is a bit of a disingenuous statement.

5-69

8-60

9-108

3-50-1

6-80

None of those are huge game but I'd say that they are all productive...especially in a PPR league

I think that is a bit of a disingenuous statement.

5-69

8-60

9-108

3-50-1

6-80

None of those are huge game but I'd say that they are all productive...especially in a PPR league

Agreed, that's why I stated in my last sentence in PPR he might stand a chance, but in my league that I've had him he has had only 4 games where he got 7+ points out of 12 weeks. He is hit or miss with him. Some may be able to take the chance with the NE roulette but I rather take my chances elsewhere. Plus the news of him being dropped out of two WR sets to Edelman swayed my decision. I mean I don't watch NE games often but I don't know how many 3 WR sets they run. Edelman was on the field on 52 of 61 plays compared to LLoyd's 34.

I dropped him for Cecil Shorts.

Agreed, that's why I stated in my last sentence in PPR he might stand a chance, but in my league that I've had him he has had only 4 games where he got 7+ points out of 12 weeks. He is hit or miss with him. Some may be able to take the chance with the NE roulette but I rather take my chances elsewhere. Plus the news of him being dropped out of two WR sets to Edelman swayed my decision. I mean I don't watch NE games often but I don't know how many 3 WR sets they run. Edelman was on the field on 52 of 61 plays compared to LLoyd's 34.

I dropped him for Cecil Shorts.

I'm pretty amazed Shorts is on your WW