[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schwartz Strikes Again

giantsfan

I am going to post this every week.

This week he throws a challenge flag on a play that he could not challenge. Costs his team a 15 yard penalty. AND most importantly a TD in a game that went to OT. If he doesn't challenge the play simply gets reviewed and the RB is down. No TD we move on.

THEN he decides hey Stafford is ripping them apart. Let's call off the dogs and play for a 47 yard "chip shot" FG. Another winning move by Schwartz.

Let's also throw a shout out to one of the sloppiest and undisciplined players in the game, Pettigrew. Drops two passes AND fumbles a ball away in OT. He is a joke.

I feel bad for Lion fans. Stafford and Calvin are so good, but as long as Schwartz is your coach you will do nothing. And after the playoffs last season, and they'll win 6 games this season, he'll get at least another season. So good luck with him. He is terrible, and the team has ZERO discipline.

I have never seen a coach play more not to lose instead of to win than this joker. Last week he played for a FG to put them up 6 instead of going for a TD to win the game. GB comes down, gets a TD, good night. Now today he plays for a 47 yard FG, after he gave Houston a TD by throwing an illegal challenge flag on a play that would have automatically been reviewed anyway. Guy is ridiculous.

Edited by giantsfan

Not only kicking it on 3rd down, but they actually played for that long FG. You could see they called off the dogs and said okay we are in FG range let's go conservative. It is what this fool does often. He coaches scared all the time. Game after game he plays not to lose instead of to go for the throat and put it away. They did it last week against GB also. Played for the FG to go up 6. Yeah that is smart with Rodgers on the other side...wow.

And I'm shocked no one is ripping him for the illegal challenge flag he threw. EVERY COACH knows EVERY scoring play is challenged. He literally cost his team a TD in a game that went to OT. Period end of story. No way to spin it. HE COST HIS TEAM A TD AND THEREFORE THE GAME...PERIOD.

He may have cost the team becuase of that play, but they had their chances in ot. Pettigrew should never play again as a Lion, he has dropped more passes this year than I've ever seen. So its not just one play, don't get me wrong Schwartz dropped the ball but that didn't end the game. I'd like to see Schwartz gone as well, but these players need to step up.

How about when they are up by 7 points in the fourth quarter at about the Houston 37 (two times), they have no running back in there and he has two incomplete passes on first and second down, the Stafford gets sack on third down (both series) and they are now out of field goal range and had to punt both times. If you are going to abandoned the run (even though they ran it surprising well at time) have a running back in there to block and provides at least the treat of a run. No running back means the De Line can tee off on every play. One field goal would have given them a 10 point lead.

BTW

Wasn’t it Schwartz that made fun of Harbaugh last year for doing the same thing in the San Fran game, which is what led to the war or words after the game.

This

Anyone else get the feeling giantsfan had $$ on DET lol?

Nope. I don't bet on football anymore, I used to get killed doing it.

I simply start this thread pretty much every week after the latest Schwartz disaster. He's like the gift that keeps on giving. Just a terrible coach whose team is so undisciplined. Sad...

He may have cost the team becuase of that play, but they had their chances in ot. Pettigrew should never play again as a Lion, he has dropped more passes this year than I've ever seen. So its not just one play, don't get me wrong Schwartz dropped the ball but that didn't end the game. I'd like to see Schwartz gone as well, but these players need to step up.

Like I said above in my original post, Pettigrew is a joke also. Sloppiest player out there. He fumbles and drops passes all the time. Plus he is a bonehead and a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen.

But that still doesn't change the fact that just about every week Schwartz does something to crush his team. And the fact that they are so undisciplined speaks directly to the coach IMO.

How about when they are up by 7 points in the fourth quarter at about the Houston 37 (two times), they have no running back in there and he has two incomplete passes on first and second down, the Stafford gets sack on third down (both series) and they are now out of field goal range and had to punt both times. If you are going to abandoned the run (even though they ran it surprising well at time) have a running back in there to block and provides at least the treat of a run. No running back means the De Line can tee off on every play. One field goal would have given them a 10 point lead.

BTW

Wasn’t it Schwartz that made fun of Harbaugh last year for doing the same thing in the San Fran game, which is what led to the war or words after the game.

I agree with this also. Why not at least put a RB back there to add a potential threat of a run, especially on 1st down. I have no issue with them passing a ton, that is who they are and Stafford threw for 441 yards today, but put a RB back there for at least a run threat to keep the D honest. Makes no sense not to have a RB back there on 1st down.

But that still doesn't change the fact that just about every week Schwartz does something to crush his team. And the fact that they are so undisciplined speaks directly to the coach IMO.

I agree; but when you have Leshoure (two drug charges), Fairley drug charges, Suh (how many accidents?) how can the coach babysit all these guys. Like I said, I'd like to see Schwartz gone too. It't time for the players to step up and be men. Young gets in trouble yet again, how many times does the coach have to put up with this? Side note, I'm a die hard Lions fan living in Bears country.

I agree; but when you have Leshoure (two drug charges), Fairley drug charges, Suh (how many accidents?) how can the coach babysit all these guys. Like I said, I'd like to see Schwartz gone too. It't time for the players to step up and be men. Young gets in trouble yet again, how many times does the coach have to put up with this? Side note, I'm a die hard Lions fan living in Bears country.

Amen. They have some bad guys on the team no doubt. They take a hit also, not all on Schwartz for sure. But he is a bad coach, and I have no faith in him to make the right moves, or get the team to play smart football. And he'll get at least one more season for sure, unless they lose out or something, and even then...

Edited by giantsfan

Amen. They have some bad guys on the team no doubt. They take a hit also, not all on Schwartz for sure. But he is a bad coach, and I have no faith in him to make the right moves, or get the team to play smart football. And he'll get at least one more season for sure, unless they lose out or something, and even then...

welcome to my world

"I think it was the FIRST winning FG that Hansen missed when the Lions ran three straight plays up the gut for a loss of 6 yards making it a 51 yard FG. He was clearly reigning in the offense in an effort to ensure there would be no turnover and they could attempt a FG. Didn't work out so well."

The smart coaches would run screens or a safe pass in this situation. Clearly a quick pass to Calvin is safe as it goes, I agree not to take too many un-necessary chances, but in the end this was a 47 yard kick, not a 31 yarder.

Wasn’t it Schwartz who made fun of Harbaugh for throwing the replay flag after a touchdown last year in their game.

well people always say to kick it on 3rd in case the snap gets botched. In this case I would have taken that 3rd to try and get closer. A botched snap would have probably put them out of range anyway

How about that boneheaded Jim Schartz move in the Week Three game against the Titans where he opted for a quarterback sneak on fourth down instead of calling for a field goal in OT? By my estimation Schwartz has cost the Lions three games with bad decision-making.

I agree. Three at least. He is terrible. That is why I can start this thread every week, and pretty much do. Last week against GB I thought he played for a FG to go up 6 instead of the TD and the two score lead. List goes on and on.