[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sanchez on the sidelines

BeeR

He's been awful all year and they don't bench him. The week Tebow is inactive with rib issues they bench Sanchez for McElroy. That's a slap in the face for Tebow.

I don't think Sanchez is that bad. I think the Jets try to make him do too much. They should have built a system around him. You can win with a so so Qb. Maybe not the SB but they shouldn't be this bad. I think the team has major problems and I think they need a new GM and coach. They have fallen hard since they made the AFC championship game.

Sanchez is just not a very good QB. His accuracy is dead last in the league, and he makes absolute game-killing turnovers.

What's been built around him is even less impressive. From top to bottom, the Jets organization needs an overhaul. The big problem with this, is their owner is something of a meddling jerk and I sincerely doubt we'll get the kind of personnel in the front office that can persist a real change. Rex and pieced it together for a bit. Tannenbaum's gambles (at least on offense) have all gone tits-up in years of late.

There's some talent here and there: linebacker, the O-line. I think Bell and Landry have been decent acquisitions in the secondary. Who knows what Revis comes back like, if at all and/or they want to resign him. They have a lot of cap money committed to the Buttfumbler and Santonio Holmes.

Edited by The Waterboy

He's been awful all year and they don't bench him. The week Tebow is inactive with rib issues they bench Sanchez for McElroy. That's a slap in the face for Tebow.

Not exactly. It's not like they were resistant to bring in Tebow because he's Tebow and not McElroy. The reason for the change last week, was timing. It just was SO bad, you had to do something.

Had Tebow been in, I'm pretty sure you'dve seen him. Though with the Jet's stupid play-calling and misunderstaning of how to best use Tebow, it's possible they might've felt McElroy was the call, like Tebow almost isn't even a QB.

But Tebow wasn't healthy, so we'll never know.

They also have zero receivers who are any good. I am not defending the guy. I love watching the train wreck the Jets have become. It just doesn't make sense to me. Does he just not care and does not put in the work?

No, he's just not very good. Being from afar, I can understand why you might think so, though I live in New England and it's plainly obvious to me up here Sanchez just doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB. A lot of it is decision-making, which is why so many QBs with the physical talents fail - and why some QBs - like the Chad Pennington's of the world - have managed in past years to hang on and compensate for their deficiencies.