[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Cowboys and Indians week

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Didn't even need to watch the 2nd half to know what was going to happen ... checked my phone for the score every so often and was not surprised with the outcome.

I think Seattle may shock the Skins at home next week, though.

Would Seattle winning be a shock? I doubt the line will be more than 2.5

Early line is Seattle -2.5

I expect it to move the closer we get to the game.

Okay, THAT is a shock. I think folks are underestimating the Skins, and have all season. That said, I think Seattle's hot at the right time and could wreack some havoc in the playoffs.

it would be if thats was everyone thought.

But most of us here are realists, and don't expect Romo to make every play. We expect Murray to be able to offer some semblence of a sustained running game. We expect Bryant to not disappear for stretches of the season, when its apparent he can offer Pro-Bowl ability at times. We expect Witten to be on the same page as Romo when the QB is blitzed. We expect Ware to be able to provide containment when an opposing QB fakes...don't bite to the middle and leave the edge open. We expect the coach to play to win, not to play to not-lose. We expect the owner to offer silent support, not pretend to be an Al Daivs wannabe.

We expect all these things....but for some reason, they continue to be missing at key times from key games over many seasons. The only thing separating last night from year's past was the obligatory camera shots of a dazed and confused Wade Phillips.

And we also expect a QB to play within himself, within the system. But he doesn't. He thinks, like you do, that he has the ability and smarts to do it essentially all by himself. He doesn't have either. He has a super arm, and a very above-average vision to escape a collapsing pocket. But he has below-average intelligence when the pressure is on to make a decision on whether to throw or tuck it away. And as we all can tell from his record in must-win games (1-6), he falters under any kind of pressure.

Now that's about as fair an analysis as I has seen from you Swamm. What most forget is the games he has performed in. Down 14 to the Saints last week he gets it done in the clutch. He's been doing it alone all year for the most part. Then when he doensn't do it for what ever reason he's a choker. You can't do what he did over the years and be a choker. You just can't. Now I'll give you that in big games when elimination on the line he hasn't gotten it done. Fact is I have a lot of confidence that if we are down late he will bring us back. Slip is my QB and I see far more good then bad. The problem i see is he's having to make things happen with Defenders in his face all night long. I don't see other QB's who GET JOB DONE having to deal with that game in and game out. Haslett's game plan was to blitz all night believing that enough pressure will get mistakes and he was right. The Cowboys just don't have the personell to get the job done and help him out.

Fair enough...but when you offer your opinions of the Eagles in many threads as you always seem to do, I don't sit back and call you a thread troll just because you aren't a fan of the team, or that your opinions or jokes or comments mean you are a troll.. Thats what makes these boards interesting and worth debating....differing opinions.

So to resort to name-calling of posters who have been here for 10+ years and resorting to inferring that their input is that of a troll is insulting...sorry I called you out on it.

yeah, I should'nt have called a troll, sorry

:smooch:

Romos about to get corn cobbed by the media and fans. This game added another dose of super glue to the choke theory. Just think elway slip. Or farve even. Both looked the same until they won big. Shake it off get ready for.2013.

Elway pretty much single handidly took the Broncos to those SB in the 80. I recall one game (the drive in CLE Browns lore) where he drove the length of the field to score a late game winning TD in the AFC Championship game. Sure he eventually needed a better D and running game to win the SB, but Elway did plenty in big games to show he was clutch before winning a SB.

So don't even try to compare Romo who hasn't did squat in the playoffs yet, and seems to crumble in any sort of real pressure situation.

And your repeated excuse of injuries (no OL, nobody to throw to, blah-blah-blah) gets so old. Every team has injuries to deal with, if you have so many at one time maybe there is a bigger problem.

PS And saying that you're drunk doesn't absolve you of all the outlandish statements you make.

And then there's this, and it can't be overstated. Jones parlayed a great coach and talent evaluator, plus a ton of players/picks he got in one of the most one-sided trades in NFL history into a run that lasted exactly 4 years.. And it was great run, don't get me wrong. Given how many teams have yet to win the SB once, plenty would take it.

But he pissed it all away and got no residual from it. By the time that specific batch of players were done, that was it. He's been playing random catch-up ever since.

Compare that to other franchises who've been on top. The Niners had about a 15 year run of either winning it all or very much contending. The current Pats have been at this for about that long as well. You've got other "flagship franchises" like Pitt and GB that keep finding ways to stay in the mix.

Then you've got the Cowboys, who were gifted a boon, spent it, and now have been floundering ever since.

He's likely the longest tenured GM in the league and has dick to show for the last 17 years.

And he's GM on the only team that would have him (JJ himself said no other owner would hire him as GM but he'll fill that role for the Cowboys). That right there should tell the fans what a big ego he has, and how he's going to do it HIS WAY.

Somebody said there is nothing fans can do about Jerry, sure there is. Boycott the team until he sells or replaces himself as GM. I'm sure after a few weeks with an empty stadium Jerry would wake up.