[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams reportedly hire Ryan as DC

STL Fan

I have no link, but my wife is Facebook friends with someone who works in the Rams front office and I saw his status update. One of you twitter guys may be able to confirm.

As for me, I'm not happy. We do NOT have the personnel to run a 3-4, and that's pretty much all he has ever done. Also, you can count me among those that consider him over-rated. The Rams D really improved this year, and this frankly scares me.

He is not strictly a 3-4 guy

I know he has limited experience in the 4-3, and he remains highly overrated. All his best "success" has been in the 3-4.

I know he has limited experience in the 4-3, and he remains highly overrated. All his best "success" has been in the 3-4.

In 2006, Ryan's Raider D played a 4-3 scheme and finished as the #3 ranked D...the best any of his Ds have ever finished.

I am sure he will show some 3-4 looks but still think that the 4-3 will be the Rams base

Edited by keggerz

Greg Williams?

I don't think so, they fired his son, and have basically stepped away from him.

As far as Ryan, after basically EVERYBODY announced the Rams were going to hire him, the Rams apparently were THIS CLOSE to actually releasing a press release to announce the hire. Then apparently at the last minute they reached a "philosophical difference" and called it off. It looks like "philosophical difference" was Ryan saying "I'm going to run the 3-4" and Fisher saying "no, you're not." Glad they cut and ran. http://www.cbssports...coordinator-job

Rajn, you guys can have him.

Edited by STL Fan

Ian Rapoport via Twitter saying that the 49ers have denied a request from the Saints to interview DBs coach Ed Donatell for their DC job, assumptions are they will do the same with Tomsula. Both were said to be leading targets for the Saints DC job. No word yet if the Ravens will allow Ted Monachino to interview.

Pretty db move by the 49ers IMO. I'd be pissed if I was Donatell. I was hoping for Tomsula, so that sucks. :kicksrock:

ETA: Just read that this is actually the second year they have blocked him for an interview. I think I'd be a little disgruntled if that were the case.

Edited by rajncajn

Ian Rapoport via Twitter saying that the 49ers have denied a request from the Saints to interview DBs coach Ed Donatell for their DC job, assumptions are they will do the same with Tomsula. Both were said to be leading targets for the Saints DC job. No word yet if the Ravens will allow Ted Monachino to interview.

Pretty db move by the 49ers IMO. I'd be pissed if I was Donatell. I was hoping for Tomsula, so that sucks. :kicksrock:

ETA: Just read that this is actually the second year they have blocked him for an interview. I think I'd be a little disgruntled if that were the case.

fwiw, Payton was on Mike and Mike and said they would be bringing in Ryan as one of their candidates to interview