[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are Eagles Fantasy Gold?

Clanc3

First half of the first game where no one knew what to expect. I actually thought the WAS DEF did a decent job. No one has any idea what formation they will run out next, OT split out by the sidelines, all the fancy window dressing. One thing has always been Kelly's kryptonite and it is someone with a physical defense, someone with a dominant defensive line. Stanford, LSU, Ohio State and USC all beat Oregon because their DL caused disruption at the mesh point. I don't think the second half of last nights game was Kelly letting up. it was adjustments and the offensive line getting tired. Also, like other said Kelly ran his QB 100 times a year at Oregon, he can not do that with Vick. He is going to need a couple of QBs to sustain this.

The one thought I had was that I need to go draft Chris Polk because they really looked like they are going to burn through a couple of running backs by the end of the season. It was awesome. I am not sure it is sustainable, but it was awesome.

Polk was getting props in the preseason and I thought I read somewhere that he had a chance to beat out Brown for the #2 back spot. (The local sports talk guys keep tabs on him being a former Washington Husky, heh.) Don't go to sleep on this guy, he is a tough, talented runner. All he needs is a chance. Edited by Tripleshot

Two main things stood out to me from that Eagles game: One, Vick still hasn't figured out how to play smart in regard to his health - lead blocking for McCoy, diving headfirst on runs. He's just not going to last, and how good will the offense be without him? Two, I expected more of Bryce Brown to be honest. McCoy was visibly gassed at several points during the game(I guess 180+ yards will do that to you, lol). I thought they'd get him a little more rest.

Polk was getting props in the preseason and I thought I read somewhere that he had a chance to beat out Brown for the #2 back spot. (The local sports talk guys keep tabs on him being a former Washington Husky, heh.) Don't go to sleep on this guy, he is a tough, talented runner. All he needs is a chance.

I believe Polk had some sort of medical issue too. I agree he is very good and I was shocked he lasted so long in the real draft.

Gopher makes a good point on the players wearing down. But I would still argue that guys will get gassed, and not have the energy to go full speed at critical times in the game. Just because they train for months and have played the NFL schedule for years does not mean their bodies will be able to cope with such an increase in on field plays. If the averaged 60 offensive plays a game, and now have 50% more, that is going to wear them down. Not unlike how NFL rookies often look worn out by week 12 or so of the season, because they were used to 10-11 games a year in college.

It will be interesting to watch, but I'm still skeptical that it can work for a whole NFL season, let alone multiple seasons (after defenses get film and can start planning better).

The one thought I had was that I need to go draft Chris Polk because they really looked like they are going to burn through a couple of running backs by the end of the season. It was awesome. I am not sure it is sustainable, but it was awesome.

This is dead on. It was awesome and probably not sustainable for the starting players, but I think it can work for an entire. Even though Bryce Brown looked very meh, him and Polk aren't scrub running backs, so they should be able to keep it going even if McCoy struggles with injuries eventually. I also think McCoy will see less action in upcoming games to preserve him...most fun offense to watch in the league right now though.

Didn't read the whole thread, but my biggest concern with the Eagles fantasy wise is the injury risks for their 3 key FF players (Vick, McCoy, Jackson) - I wouldn't want to be counting on any of those 3 being healthy come week 14-16. Sure it seems like you'd want a piece of this offense right now, but I'd be worried about these guys staying healthy given their track records. You win FF titles in December, not September.

Edited by nelsosi

Didn't read the whole thread, but my biggest concern with the Eagles fantasy wise is the injury risks for their 3 key FF players (Vick, McCoy, Jackson) - I wouldn't want to be counting on any of those 3 being healthy come week 14-16. Sure it seems like you'd want a piece of this offense right now, but I'd be worried about these guys staying healthy given their track records. You win FF titles in December, not September.

What about keeping them till about week 9/10 and then looking to sell high? I think they should probably be able to last that long.

Actually drafted him in one league. Just holding on...

Everyone is worried that they will be exhausted half way through the season.. These guys get paid millions to be in shape. I really do think they can hold up.. Maybe not Vick but McCoy and Brown are young.

If anyone has been to see a game live but teams spend more time standing around on the field during TV commercial breaks then running plays. I use to think the same thing that players would get gassed, but it's rare with all the TV time outs there are. I actually couldn't believe how much time was wasted standing around. Made the game go very slow. Yeah they can wear a D out some but it will be more about the other teams Offense. So long as they don't three and out all the time like the Skins did in the first half teams should be fine.

If anyone has been to see a game live but teams spend more time standing around on the field during TV commercial breaks then running plays. I use to think the same thing that players would get gassed, but it's rare with all the TV time outs there are. I actually couldn't believe how much time was wasted standing around. Made the game go very slow. Yeah they can wear a D out some but it will be more about the other teams Offense. So long as they don't three and out all the time like the Skins did in the first half teams should be fine.

While I tend to mostly agree with this, McCoy sure looked gassed in the fourth quarter