[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

Hey HighKite - so my team kicked butt this week and i'm moving into playoff clinch and 2nd place. Thanks for advice!

For this week I'm thinking of setting lineup as follows (obvious tentative with weather/injury updates etc) - any changes you would make? Should i stash Keenum or try and get Rainey (I'm figuring/hoping Keenum may get another shot and rest of his schedule is pretty nice):

QB - Romo @ NYG

WR - Vincent Jackson @ DET

WR - Eric Decker @ NE

WR - Jordy Nelson vs MIN

RB - Adrian Peterson @ GB

RB - Andre Brown vs DAL

TE - Tony Gonzalez vs NO

W/R - Chris Johnson @ OAK

W/R/T - Aaron Dobson vs DEN

K - Forbath vs SF

DEF - Carolina @ MIA

Bench:

Coby Fleener @ ARI

Cecil Shorts @ HOU

Colston @ ATL

Keenum vs JAX

Fred Jackson - bye

Lesean Mccoy - bye

Hey HighKite - so my team kicked butt this week and i'm moving into playoff clinch and 2nd place. Thanks for advice!

For this week I'm thinking of setting lineup as follows (obvious tentative with weather/injury updates etc) - any changes you would make? Should i stash Keenum or try and get Rainey (I'm figuring/hoping Keenum may get another shot and rest of his schedule is pretty nice):

QB - Romo @ NYG

WR - Vincent Jackson @ DET

WR - Eric Decker @ NE

WR - Jordy Nelson vs MIN

RB - Adrian Peterson @ GB

RB - Andre Brown vs DAL

TE - Tony Gonzalez vs NO

W/R - Chris Johnson @ OAK

W/R/T - Aaron Dobson vs DEN

K - Forbath vs SF

DEF - Carolina @ MIA

Bench:

Coby Fleener @ ARI

Cecil Shorts @ HOU

Colston @ ATL

Keenum vs JAX

Fred Jackson - bye

Lesean Mccoy - bye

1st of all, congrats on kicing butt in your league. and you are welcome for my advice but you did it my drafting a excellent team and making smart waiver moves. and, bouncing your ideas off someone was your smart fantasy move, not mine. I was just the wall you bounced your ideas against many times to keep you in perspective.I get the same effect answering these questions.

OK, now to football. 1st let me say Colston is back and has a nice matchup. I know Dobson has been playing well but teams are coming in with a run 1st mindset against the Broncos right now. they have gave up 4 straight games of over 112 yards rushing and QB's have not thrown for over 213 yards on them in 5 weeks. and the 4 QB's were not lightweights ( Luck, Griffin, Rivers and A.Smith). meanwhile you can do whatever you want gainst the Falcons and with 2 solid games in a row by Colston I would have to use him over Dobson. but both have upside but I think the downside is much worse with Dobson.

As far as Keenum I would keep him if there was a chance you would use him again this year. but unless Romo gets hurt he has the schedule(Giants,Raiders,Bears,Packers and Redskins) to make you happy the rest of the way. so unless there is a injury you don't need Keenum. if I could get Rainey I would drop him.

Got some good problems to have, trying to see what you guys would do regarding who to start, I know some are obvious starts but I will list all my Rbs and WRS

This is a full PPR league btw, as that may change your decisions

Start 3 Wrs from: Dez, Garcon, Gordon, Torrey Smith, Fitz

Start 2 RBs: from Charles, Bush, A. Brown, Moreno, Ivory, Rainey

Start 2 flexs from the remaining guys left.

Here Is what I am thinking

Wr1: Dez (no brainer)

Wr2: Garcon (another no brainer I think)

Wr3: Fitz (great matchup against Colts banged up secondary)

Rb1: Charles (no brainer)

Rb2: Moreno (NE has struggled with RBs all year)

Here is where it gets more difficult: I have Reggie Bush, Andre Brown, Josh Gordon, Torrey Smith to choose from, I think we can eliminate Ivory and Rainey.

Flex 1: Andre Brown (great matchup against the Cowboys, who have a historically awful Defence, I would be shocked if he didnt have a great game)

The final spot on my roster is so hard, can I really sit Reggie Bush against a tough bucs run defence and start Torrey Smith against a jets secondary who has just been getting burned for much of the year. I am sure I like Torrey Smith more than Josh Gordon against the Steelers due to the matchup.

Flex 2: Reggie Bush or Torrey Smith (I can't decide, I think I am leaning towards Torrey Smith as crazy as it sounds)

Thanks and your help is always appreciated High Kite!

Trade deadline is Wednesday and if I decide I want to do this deal I need to offer it out and get it approved soon. Team and starting requirements are in sig...

I was rolling along and now Jordan Reed got hurt which leaves me with a hole to fill. I can only start 2 RBs, 2WRs, and a flex (5 spots) but I have 6 guys I like (Charles, Bernard, Murray, Hilton, Brown, Nelson) which leaves me with a headache every week.

I was going to offer out Jordy for Vernon Davis.

Only problem would be depth if an injury happens but barring injury my team would be poised for a playoff run.

Thanks in advance!

Hello HK. Tonight Amendola or Dobson at WR? I have both and can play only one.

Hello Jailbird.

I think which 1 I plays would depend on what I need tonight. if I was guarding a lead I would go with the guy most likely to finish the game..Dobson. if I was behind and needed a big game I would go Amendola.

• Like 1

Got some good problems to have, trying to see what you guys would do regarding who to start, I know some are obvious starts but I will list all my Rbs and WRS

This is a full PPR league btw, as that may change your decisions

Start 3 Wrs from: Dez, Garcon, Gordon, Torrey Smith, Fitz

Start 2 RBs: from Charles, Bush, A. Brown, Moreno, Ivory, Rainey

Start 2 flexs from the remaining guys left.

Here Is what I am thinking

Wr1: Dez (no brainer)

Wr2: Garcon (another no brainer I think)

Wr3: Fitz (great matchup against Colts banged up secondary)

Rb1: Charles (no brainer)

Rb2: Moreno (NE has struggled with RBs all year)

Here is where it gets more difficult: I have Reggie Bush, Andre Brown, Josh Gordon, Torrey Smith to choose from, I think we can eliminate Ivory and Rainey.

Flex 1: Andre Brown (great matchup against the Cowboys, who have a historically awful Defence, I would be shocked if he didnt have a great game)

The final spot on my roster is so hard, can I really sit Reggie Bush against a tough bucs run defence and start Torrey Smith against a jets secondary who has just been getting burned for much of the year. I am sure I like Torrey Smith more than Josh Gordon against the Steelers due to the matchup.

Flex 2: Reggie Bush or Torrey Smith (I can't decide, I think I am leaning towards Torrey Smith as crazy as it sounds)

Thanks and your help is always appreciated High Kite!

You are welcome Gig and always good to talk ball with you.

I , myself , would start Bush over Moreno , Brown or Smith. I think Smith would get the bench.

By the way, your team IS stacked.even for a 10 teamer.

Should I trade Gates or Cameron with pats D for Zac stacy?

My team right now is

Rg3

cj2k

d.murray

Aj green

vjax

E.Deker

gates/cameron

chiefs

novak

Bench

NIcks

Cards D

Roethlisberger

P.Thomas

Cameron has really burned me the last couple of games, P. Rivers and Gates have better chemistry and come playoff time (fantasy playoffs) have a better schedule than the Browns?

Thanks for all your help!

P.S The collusion trade never happened, I asked everyone in the league how they felt about it and they said No lol

Hello HK!

I need help once again with a trade. I am looking for some last minute depth at WR. My trade deadline is tomorrow.

I would give Stacy and receive Nelson.

The team with Nelson also has Jeffery, V. Jax, lafell and Streater...his RBs are miserable: T. Rich, J. Randle, Hillis

As you can see I am also weak on Defense and was thinking about offering something further for Stl defense. I was thinking about Shorts and Stacy for Nelson and Stl D. Would this benefit me?

I appreciate any insight you can offer.

Hey HK, time for some waiver discussion. Team 1 in my sig. I grabbed Leonard as a stash last week and Rainey tore it up. As we expected he took the starting gig by storm, it just took shorter than we thought it would.

I lose AJ Green and Lynch to the bye this week and get back Murray. I'm looking at rolling with Thomas and Murray at RB and Garcon and Cruz as my WRs. My flex as it stands would be a choice between Dobson or Wallace. If I can get Rainey on the wire, dropping Leonard, would he be a better option than Dobson? Can't really trust Wallace against Carolina the way their D is playing.

Next up is the TE slot in which I have Reed, but he's questionable at the moment and I've got Wright as my backup. My other option would be to go after Fleener or Walker on the wire and drop either Wright or Wallace.

I look at it as follows:

Use my first waiver claim to get Rainey for Leonard and put in a second waiver claim to get Fleener/Walker for Wright.

This leaves me with Rainey as a flex option instead of Wallace/Dobson. In addition to a TE to plug in for Reed this week if he can't go. Either of them might be better choices this week anyway with a tough SF defense upcoming.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks again.

Edited by Rimmytose

Trade deadline is Wednesday and if I decide I want to do this deal I need to offer it out and get it approved soon. Team and starting requirements are in sig...

I was rolling along and now Jordan Reed got hurt which leaves me with a hole to fill. I can only start 2 RBs, 2WRs, and a flex (5 spots) but I have 6 guys I like (Charles, Bernard, Murray, Hilton, Brown, Nelson) which leaves me with a headache every week.

I was going to offer out Jordy for Vernon Davis.

Only problem would be depth if an injury happens but barring injury my team would be poised for a playoff run.

Thanks in advance!

We have similar issues this week as I have both Reed and Wright at TE on the same team in my biggest money league.

I think the Jordy/Davis would be a solid deal for you to make but as you said you have no depth at WR. I think before I would offer up that deal I would just play the waiver wire. Carlson and Housler and Delanie Walker are 3 guys on many WW's that I think are gonna be solid the rest of the year.

10 man standard league.

My Charles for his bush/V.Davis.

I need to win this week and I have to get a reliable TE and a good flex play with Lynch on bye.

Other RB's: Lynch, Charles, A. Morris, Spiller.

Other TE: Reed

I think Charles is the best fantasy player to have in the whole league. I would play the WW or work out another deal.

As I told 1 of the previous posters Housler,Carlson and Delanie Walker are on many WW's and all are servicable. if the Redskins did not have the Niners this week I think Fred Davis would be a nice pickup in case Reed did not play too.

Should I trade Gates or Cameron with pats D for Zac stacy?

My team right now is

Rg3

cj2k

d.murray

Aj green

vjax

E.Deker

gates/cameron

chiefs

novak

Bench

NIcks

Cards D

Roethlisberger

P.Thomas

Cameron has really burned me the last couple of games, P. Rivers and Gates have better chemistry and come playoff time (fantasy playoffs) have a better schedule than the Browns?

Thanks for all your help!

P.S The collusion trade never happened, I asked everyone in the league how they felt about it and they said No lol

That is a good thing. fantasy football is fun and collusion makes it not that way for other owners.

Which TE is close as I have them neck and neck the rest of the year. despite Cams low yardage he did still get 6 catches so the chances are there. if I have to pick 1 I pick Gates just because of past injuries.

I do think it is a solid deal for you as you do need a RB badly and with 3 straight weeks of 26 or more carries you know at the very least hes gonna get chances .

Hello HK!

I need help once again with a trade. I am looking for some last minute depth at WR. My trade deadline is tomorrow.

I would give Stacy and receive Nelson.

The team with Nelson also has Jeffery, V. Jax, lafell and Streater...his RBs are miserable: T. Rich, J. Randle, Hillis

As you can see I am also weak on Defense and was thinking about offering something further for Stl defense. I was thinking about Shorts and Stacy for Nelson and Stl D. Would this benefit me?

I appreciate any insight you can offer.

I might of caught you late but I would keep Stacy. depth can be gotten on the WW but a workhorse RB cannot.

Sorry if I caught you late.

High kite, you steered me well last week...What about this...Pick up Cotchery or stick with K. Allen?

I stick with Allen all year. no Jet WR is consistant enough to start IMO. I know he has scored 3 straight weeks but still only had 5 catches over the last 2. Allen is the kinda guy that will win you weeks. just watch him for this upcoming week and make sure he plays.

EDIT: Cotchery plays for the Steelers. I forgot what year it was I guess. my apologies. I still stick with Allen except my reasoning changes. Sanders and Cotchery kill each other off like Lafell and Ginn do in Carolina so I have a hard time trusting starting him over the main option in S.D..

Edited by HighKite

Hey HK, time for some waiver discussion. Team 1 in my sig. I grabbed Leonard as a stash last week and Rainey tore it up. As we expected he took the starting gig by storm, it just took shorter than we thought it would.

I lose AJ Green and Lynch to the bye this week and get back Murray. I'm looking at rolling with Thomas and Murray at RB and Garcon and Cruz as my WRs. My flex as it stands would be a choice between Dobson or Wallace. If I can get Rainey on the wire, dropping Leonard, would he be a better option than Dobson? Can't really trust Wallace against Carolina the way their D is playing.

Next up is the TE slot in which I have Reed, but he's questionable at the moment and I've got Wright as my backup. My other option would be to go after Fleener or Walker on the wire and drop either Wright or Wallace.

I look at it as follows:

Use my first waiver claim to get Rainey for Leonard and put in a second waiver claim to get Fleener/Walker for Wright.

This leaves me with Rainey as a flex option instead of Wallace/Dobson. In addition to a TE to plug in for Reed this week if he can't go. Either of them might be better choices this week anyway with a tough SF defense upcoming.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks again.

Yeah it sucks we could be so right about Rainey yet be so wrong at the same time. that is fantasy football for you. I think I would drop Leonard. even if Rainey got hurt I think someone else would still step up over Leonard.

I would also cut Wright(although this guy is talented and has the talent to make us regret this) and pick up Fleener. he is the more consistant TE right now .

I agree that I would then move Rainey to my FLEX.

Hi Highkite,

missing your fine advices. Now I'm at 7-4. And again i'm a little uncertain with my TEs....last week both perform very weak.

What do you think,

Cameron (against PIT)

or

Reed (against SF; ; maybe he's questionable which relieved my decision)

Second, which DEF would you prefer?

Cowboys @NJG

Rams (against CHI)

or

Texans (against JAX)

A.J. Green is in his bye, on my bench there is antonio Brown (@CLE) - what do you think about him, is he a good substitute? Also available (and which are in my mind) are Colston, Stills, Dobson, Vincent Jackson, Kellen or Boykin.

Best regards

Edited by chrismeister