[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone else's interest waining for professional football?

snoop2

I love the NFL, warts and all. There is a tremendous sports emptiness in my life after the Super Bowl ends that even MLB, NHL, and NBA comined cannot overcome. March Madness distracts me for a few weeks, but the start of the NFL season is like the springtime of sports: everything is new and filled with wonder, or at least hope, even for a lifetime Lions fan like me.

Relax boys...Bills Browns this Thursday so enough with the complaining.

8-0

6-3

Just a couple of the thrillers they played recently. Derek Anderson won the 6-3 game going 2-17 or something.

I believe that was the SNOW BOWL game in Cleveland in late December. I doubt we'll see weather or a score like that.

PS To the commercials complaint, DVR the game, start 30-60 minutes late, zap the commercials and other nonsense (you want to hear the cute chick sing the game intro great, if not skip it). I don't normally skip time between plays unless I'm way behind (like out of town and catching up on all Sunday NFL games). But even if I do that a game still takes about an hour.

If I had a kid I would not let them play football. Hundreds of other activities that are out there that aren't nearly as potentially fatal to their future. One nasty hit is all it takes...

No offense, but this line of thinking is flawed. Your kid could be in a car accident, a bike accident or heck a bus accident on his way to the chess tournament.

I understand football is a violent sport... but there are risks out there that are not associated with football that need to be measured as well.

I'm not trying to thump my chest like this dope man clown and say society is becoming a bunch of ninnies. I've played soccer my entire life and do not regret it. I do, however, regret not playing football.

When my son's old enough to play, my wife and I will discuss it. I have about 8-9 years. And I'm losing. :unsure:

No offense, but this line of thinking is flawed. Your kid could be in a car accident, a bike accident or heck a bus accident on his way to the chess tournament.

I understand football is a violent sport... but there are risks out there that are not associated with football that need to be measured as well.

I'm not trying to thump my chest like this dope man clown and say society is becoming a bunch of ninnies. I've played soccer my entire life and do not regret it. I do, however, regret not playing football.

When my son's old enough to play, my wife and I will discuss it. I have about 8-9 years. And I'm losing. :unsure:

I will let my boys play if they want to, I just dont plan on pushing it like I will baseball. If they love the sport enough to stay with it all the way into highschool, they will be at an age where I can have a serious talk with them about the risks.

I dont think football is all that risky at the middle school level (8th grade) and lower.

I will let my boys play if they want to, I just dont plan on pushing it like I will baseball. If they love the sport enough to stay with it all the way into highschool, they will be at an age where I can have a serious talk with them about the risks.

I dont think football is all that risky at the middle school level (8th grade) and lower.

Agree 100%.