[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone else's interest waining for professional football?

snoop2

Penalty after penalty, horrible officaiting, millions of TV time outs, Thursday night football is atrocious, Goodell is a total jerk, passing league, the ridiculous helmet to helmet calls.

Watching all day Sunday is almost feeling like a chore. I have loved watching football all my life, been watching religiuosly over 20 years but it just lost its lustre the last couple years.

If they eventually go to a 18 game schedule my NFL watching days are over.

I am sure that I am in the minority but would love to get thoughts of others.

Yes, that's whay I am hanging out on a fantasy message board while watching a horrible Rams team get their butts kicked.

• Like 1

I do agree that the rules pretty much make defending the pass impossible (at least from a standpoint of the guys covering WRs). And quite frankly, instant replay is getting ridiculous. Every single scoring play, turnover, etc. getting reviewed just takes 10 years. It should be like tennis where you only get replays on challenges. Seriously, coaches hardly need to use challenges any more since so many plays are reviewed by rule now. Watching a game from beginning to end does drag on... I guess Red Zone is nice for that reason, though I don't have time to just sit around on Sundays like I used to.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the new rules, but NFL will always be better than college football.

Hardly.

Between all that's been mentioned and the whiny/obnoxious/egomaniac/man-child/thug playahs, and how big money has IMO ruiined the game in general, I would be very happy to see the supercircus NFL disband. Never happen of course, but it's a nice dream. I'm to the point where I turn on games on Sunday and it's mostly background noise now while I do something else (and not even that when I'm out doing yard work).

• Like 1

Hardly.

Between all that's been mentioned and the whiny/obnoxious/egomaniac/man-child/thug playahs, and how big money has IMO ruiined the game in general, I would be very happy to see the supercircus NFL disband. Never happen of course, but it's a nice dream. I'm to the point where I turn on games on Sunday and it's mostly background noise now while I do something else (and not even that when I'm out doing yard work).

And money hasnt ruined college football??? I dont even know who is in my conference anymore. But god forbid the players get any of the loot.

• Like 1

Agree. It's too much. Especially on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday. It's made fantasy football a big pain in the ass. If it wasn't for the friendships I have in the leagues I'm in, I would have been done years ago.

At this point, I watch the Chiefs game, and tune in for a moment or two on other interesting games, but that's about it.

Nope, not even close. Interest in my local team that is horrible for years is waning. I don't watch their game with as much interest and passion as I used, or don't even watch at all.

I actually like the rule changes for challenges, having the official review of all scoring plays and turnovers. I suspect in time that will be the norm for all plays, and the coaches challenge will be removed. Isn't that what college does now?

As far as TV timeouts, there are a fixed number required in each game of NFL, 5 per quarter and 1 between quarters 1-2 & 3-4. Only time there are a lot more commercials than that is when there are injuries or other delays like a review. And then it seems to depend on the network or production crew, because they don't always leave the field. There was a stretch at the end of the first half last night where the game got brutally slow. Of course I didn't mind since I watch most games on the DVR on a delay to eliminate commercials, half time and other breaks.

NFL on Thursday is a bit much, especially if you also watch some of the extra games shown on NFL Network in their NFL Replay format. Sometimes I"m watching games Tue and Wed, then its TNF time.

As for the passing rules, that has been going on for years/decades. On Football Life - Don Shula they talked about the rules chaning to favor passing, that was back in the 90s.

Beer says he'd be happy to see the NFL disband, that is just crazy talk. That would also mean the end of fantasy football too. Why not just ask DMD to shut down The Huddle while you're at it.

We have a studio with knowledgable (enough) commentators analyzing the game during breaks in America. That actually helps a lot and I am always entertained unless the game sucks completely.

The late games Sunday, Monday and Thursday are always the American broadcast because they start at 2.30 am and here the amount af breaks is maddening. Especially in the fourth quarter when it is 6.00 in the morning and you just want to go to bed.

I don't know but maybe the number of breaks has something to so with the popularity of the Redzone Channel.

Edited by Papajohn

No. I've grown disenchanted with the NBA quite a bit but the NFL remains solid. I don't get to watch as many games live as I used to (too many kids, too many weekend activities, etc.) but I really do enjoy the ones I get to sit down and watch end to end.

We have a studio with knowledgable (enough) commentators analyzing the game during breaks in America. That actually helps a lot and I am always entertained unless the game sucks completely.

The late games Sunday, Monday and Thursday are always the American broadcast because they start at 2.30 am and here the amount af breaks is maddening. Especially in the fourth quarter when it is 6.00 in the morning and you just want to go to bed.

I don't know but maybe the number of breaks has something to so with the popularity of the Redzone Channel.

That has got to be brutal going to work Fri, Mon and Tue (if you have a job in the AM).

That has got to be brutal going to work Fri, Mon and Tue (if you have a job in the AM).

Last year was my last as a student, so I will probably never do it again. Even if I was out of work for a period of time.

There were days where I never saw the sun, but it was totally worth it though!

I'm more bothered by the spate of injuries that are becoming commonplace at the HS level and below. Within ten years, when kids are keeping their sons from playing the talent pool is going to be much thinner.

I love football, but I don't plan on encouraging my sons to play it. I will try to steer them towards baseball, basketball, soccer, and golf.