[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan

Scorcher

I know a lot of people think he takes a hit in value, but how big? They still have Gonzo, Rogers, Douglas and Snelling plus some others that they can make a game plan around. I think he might drop in points but i don't think it will be huge. At least they have had 2 weeks to get ready to go without Julio. It looks like they finally wised up and are keeping Roddy out this week, so he can heal. When Roddy and Jackson come back I think Ryan could still be solid.

Ryan will be the king of garbage time unless he gets hurt. He will throw for 250 and 1-2 per game, but that to me is he ceiling. His value lies in next year.

How has the Falcon o-line performed this year?

Better, and then really poorly as of late, but he's probably made them look better by getting the ball out quick. He's not getting enough time though to make his reads and let guys get open deep.

I also think Ryan wil fine once Roddy and SJax return, and he might do fine against the Bucs (with how poorly the defense has gotten pressure on opposing QBs, they'll probably have to keep the foot on the gas every game), but I'd severely temper my expectations this week, and start someone else if you have a good option.

I think Douglas will get his and be a fringe starter/flex play, but I see them having trouble keeping drives sustained with this group of inexperienced recievers. They were already stalling out with Roddy and Julio on the field.... But I don't think he'll be a total bust, they'll dump off and run screens if the wideouts and O-line can't get it done.

Edited by delusions of grandeur
  • Like 1

I'm starting Foles over Ryan and Cutler.

Has anyone had any luck trading Ryan since The Julio news broke?

I've been trying like hell for Romo. I've packaged Ryan with Reggie Bush for Romo and Alfred Morris but the guy really wants to give me Trent Richardson. He's already ruined 1 fantasy team of mine, I can't let it happen again.

I've been trying like hell for Romo. I've packaged Ryan with Reggie Bush for Romo and Alfred Morris but the guy really wants to give me Trent Richardson. He's already ruined 1 fantasy team of mine, I can't let it happen again.

Don't want to stray too far off-topic, but if you're really wanting Romo, why wouldn't you do Richardson instead of Bush? I think a good majority of us would rather have Bush (in ppr formats) than T-Rich anyways. And actually I think I'd rather have Morris, too.

So you win regardless. I'd trade Ryan/T-Rich for Romo/Morris in a heartbeat.

Don't want to stray too far off-topic, but if you're really wanting Romo, why wouldn't you do Richardson instead of Bush? I think a good majority of us would rather have Bush (in ppr formats) than T-Rich anyways. And actually I think I'd rather have Morris, too.

So you win regardless. I'd trade Ryan/T-Rich for Romo/Morris in a heartbeat.

he would be getting Richardson instead of giving...

I have been doing the same. The Romo owner has Rodgers as well and is pretty unreasonable. I keep telling him he can't play both but some players feel like they are winning by keeping players out of the mix. Of course last week Romo's Fantasy performance was not good, and still no trade.

Edited by Scorcher

Ryan will be the king of garbage time unless he gets hurt. He will throw for 250 and 1-2 per game, but that to me is he ceiling. His value lies in next year.

Well, no garbage time this weekend. The Bucs are a not solid team with Gannon at QB. At best, the Bucs will attempt ball control and the will Falcons will gladly play along. Yes...250 and 2 TDs.

Well, no garbage time this weekend. The Bucs are a not solid team with Gannon at QB. At best, the Bucs will attempt ball control and the will Falcons will gladly play along. Yes...250 and 2 TDs.

:blink:

The Falcons' D is just as ripped up as the Eagles'. You think GLENNON is going to do any worse this week?