[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Lineup Question/Issue

Gopher

I have a couple of IDP dynasty leagues where we start 16 total players... 8 offense and 8 defense. There are flex positions on both sides. In other words, here are the starting lineup parameters:

QB

1-3 RB

2-4 WR

1-3 TE

K

(8 total offense, with 2 of them being flex or RB/WR/TE)

2-3 DL

2-3 LB

2-3 DB

(8 total defense, with two being flex or DL/LB/DB)

I had someone submit a lineup with 3 RB and 4 WR, but only 2 DL, 2 LB, and 2 DB. This meets the individual requirements (per position), but not the offensive/defensive totals of 8 each. They had 10 offense, and only 6 defense. MFL still accepted this non-compliant lineup, however, and simply gave the owner a "warning."

How do I change the lineup requirements so that this lineup would not have been accepted, rather than simply accepted with a "warning"? There has to be a setting for this, but I can't seem to find it. What's weird is that these leagues have operated for years (with these settings), and I don't believe it's ever been an issue before.

Gopher -

Unfortunately I don;t have access to the commish page of my leagues with IDP, but there is a setting to say how many total IDP players are required. It is in addition to the individual limits by position.

I assume it is on the lineup requirements page, but since I stepped back my involvement a bit, I am no longer commish of any leagues to be able to bring up the actual page.

For Commissioners -> Weekly Lineup Settings (under Other Transactions Setup on bottom right of page)

Are Partial Lineups Allowed?

Use the system rules for deciding if partial lineups are allowed or not.

Yes, partial lineups are always allowed.

No, partial lineups are never allowed.

Hint: The system rules for deciding if partial lineups are allowed or not are available in our Help Center.

Edited by flemingd

For Commissioners -> Weekly Lineup Settings (under Other Transactions Setup on bottom right of page)

Are Partial Lineups Allowed?

Use the system rules for deciding if partial lineups are allowed or not.

Yes, partial lineups are always allowed.

No, partial lineups are never allowed.

Hint: The system rules for deciding if partial lineups are allowed or not are available in our Help Center.

Problem is it wasn;t a partial lineup, it was a full lineup by the rules indicated.

Found the setting you need Gopher:

Answer: To set your league up to use flexible individual defensive players you will need to enable these on the For Commissioner > Setup > Starting Lineup Setup screen. Here you will define the minimum and maximum ranges for each position desired to be treated as a flex position

Example: A league requires 1 IDP player to be started at any available IDP position. This would be defined as follows:

(DT+DE): min=0, max= 1

(LB): min = 0, max = 1

(CB+S): min= 0, max = 1

Then be sure to properly set your Total Starters to include this flex position by setting the Minimum Starters to Equal the Maximum Starters.

Finally, enter the value of “1” where it states “Optionally, You May Enter A Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players:”

Instead of entering 1, set it to 8. This forces 8 IDPs to be selected in order for a lineup to be valid.

Problem is it wasn;t a partial lineup, it was a full lineup by the rules indicated.

Good catch, I was assuming the IDP total was defined as you describe below.

Found the setting you need Gopher:

Answer: To set your league up to use flexible individual defensive players you will need to enable these on the For Commissioner > Setup > Starting Lineup Setup screen. Here you will define the minimum and maximum ranges for each position desired to be treated as a flex position

Then be sure to properly set your Total Starters to include this flex position by setting the Minimum Starters to Equal the Maximum Starters.

"Optionally, You May Enter A Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players:”

set it to 8. This forces 8 IDPs to be selected in order for a lineup to be valid.

So you'd look like this:

QB 1-1

RB 1-3

WR 2-4

TE 1-3

PK 1-1

DE 2-3

LB 2-3

DB 2-3

Total starters 16-16

Other Starting Lineup Parameters

Optionally, You May Enter A Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players: 8

The setting BC is referring to is already in place (lineup requires 8 defensive starters). MFL responded to my ticket... It actually is the partial lineup setting that allows this loophole. So, in other words, if your league allows partial linups, and you have flex positions on both sides (offense and defense), watch out.

I guess the theory is that someone who starts 10 on offense and 6 on defense is setting a partial defensive lineup (even though the total of 16 is correct). Just seems weird that this would be allowed (I'm hoping it's something that MFL takes a look at for future years).

Meanwhile, I just changed my leagues' settings to not allow partial lineups, so the problem is solved. Unless, of course, someone can't field a full lineup, in which case we have another problem. :)

The setting BC is referring to is already in place (lineup requires 8 defensive starters). MFL responded to my ticket... It actually is the partial lineup setting that allows this loophole. So, in other words, if your league allows partial linups, and you have flex positions on both sides (offense and defense), watch out.

I guess the theory is that someone who starts 10 on offense and 6 on defense is setting a partial defensive lineup (even though the total of 16 is correct). Just seems weird that this would be allowed (I'm hoping it's something that MFL takes a look at for future years).

Meanwhile, I just changed my leagues' settings to not allow partial lineups, so the problem is solved. Unless, of course, someone can't field a full lineup, in which case we have another problem. :)

Even if the player is hurt or on bye you should always be able to field a full lineup though. Pretty sure there is a different option to allow players on bye in the starting lineup, thought it was in the same section as partial lineups.

That's just bad code there on MFL's part. It's saying "ok, 6 IDP, partial lineup allowed, check" along with "ok, 16 total guys submitted, check". What it should also check is that Submitted Total - Submitted IDP <= Legal Total - Legal IDP. That way the 10 offensive players would have been flagged as invalid.

• Like 1