[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bortles

Scorcher

Granted, it was against the Colts D, but he came in and threw 2 TDs and ran for 30 yds. He made Hurns and some other receivers look significant. If he didn't out produce Gerhart, he came pretty close. I think Jax will look a lot better in the future with Bortles at the helm.

Bortles or Bridgewater. Interesting debate with both being rookies getting ready to start their first NFL game. I also lean Bortles overall given his weapons and I think his schedule is better also. Both also add something with their legs. Interesting debate.

Edited by giantsfan

Before the games began last week, I checked the WW in one of my leagues. Eli, Bortles, Bridgwater, not much else. F'it, it's a small scale dynasty and the pickings have been slim for me the past few years, I thought. So I picked both those guys up. One day later, they are both starters, lol.

I have higher hopes for Bortles at this point, but at least I have a few weeks to sort it before byes force me to drop one.

I don't know about that low ceiling. Hungry and talented albeit very young and inexperienced recievers, and a defense that will call for lots of "catch-up" football could make this guy respectable. I am debating whether he or Bridgewater would be a better choice - seems like a coin flip but I am interested in both.

The weapons question is an interesting one. Bridge has Cordarelle and Jennings, but honestly not much else. Norv is a very good OC for sure. But weapons I don't see many (Cordarelle is the best on either team).

I like those Jag weapons. Shorts is very solid when healthy, worst case even with Jennings. I like Robinson a lot. I like Lee a lot when healthy. I like Hurns (2 of 3 big games). So I think the Jags have some real solid young weapons. Plus they will be behind a lot and their schedule isn't bad.

Interesting discussion, but I lean Bortles, who threw for 223 yards in a half this past weekend. Could go either way though.

Edited by giantsfan

MN lost TE Rudolph for several weeks which could hurt Teddy also. I am MN homer and I took Blake instead, I see him doing more by being behind and throwing much more. And for those that think MN has a better line... Fusco is on IR and our LT is a matador.

The weapons question is an interesting one. Bridge has Cordarelle and Jennings, but honestly not much else. Norv is a very good OC for sure. But weapons I don't see many (Cordarelle is the best on either team).

I like those Jag weapons. Shorts is very solid when healthy, worst case even with Jennings. I like Robinson a lot. I like Lee a lot when healthy. I like Hurns (2 of 3 big games). So I think the Jags have some real solid young weapons. Plus they will be behind a lot and their schedule isn't bad.

Interesting discussion, but I lean Bortles, who threw for 223 yards in a half this past weekend. Could go either way though.

argh, but I hate it because I agree with this so much. The Jags have a plethora of hungry young receivers, the Vikes have Patterson (who they don't quite know how to use) and Jennings who shows up 2-3 times a year. Plus Bortles is more of an NFL caliber physical specimen. I'm still gonna roll with Teddy Ballgame but fully admit you may be right on the money.