[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kicker News!

Shorttynaz

weak leg and not accurate beyond 40 yards. He'll be out of job again soon

He even had several misses inside 40 yards, He was 74/86 in 3 years, but almost half those misses are under 40.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HeneAl00.htm

Also from the stats above, his % made dropped every year, not good.

But if I recall Freese was just horrible, yep 3/7 and missed all 4 over 40. I saw earlier that the Lions were contemplating what to do, sounds like they decided pretty quickly.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FreeNa00.htm

weak leg and not accurate beyond 40 yards. He'll be out of job again soon

Not sure how he ranked throughout the league, but over the last 3 seasons he had a 77% completion percentage for FGs 40+, not too far off from big-name guys like Vinatieri (79%), Janikowski (73%), and Gostkowski (78%) over those same 3 years.

I would agree that he does not have a strong leg like some guys in the NFL. He did set the school record in Nebraska for longest made FG though, so he's not totally incompetent in that area IMO. Kickoffs have never been his strong suit, I will say that - at Nebraska they had a 2 kicker system, with Henery doing FGs and Maher doing kickoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how he ranked throughout the league, but over the last 3 seasons he had a 77% completion percentage for FGs 40+, not too far off from big-name guys like Vinatieri (79%), Janikowski (73%), and Gostkowski (78%) over those same 3 years.

I would agree that he does not have a strong leg like some guys in the NFL. He did set the school record in Nebraska for longest made FG though, so he's not totally incompetent in that area IMO. Kickoffs have never been his strong suit, I will say that - at Nebraska they had a 2 kicker system, with Henery doing FGs and Maher doing kickoffs.

He's terrible. Missed 3 today. Should be cut tomorrow