[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Leagues for the playoffs...

irish

Quick suggestion... Since you have the potential for a lot of lineups to be similar (or identical, for that matter), I would suggest keeping all lineups hidden until the last game of each weekend kicks off. Otherwise, people can change their lineup, based on seeing others.

There is a commish setup option for this... You can leave them visible at all times, make them visible at kickoff of the first game, or at kickoff of the last game (of the week). Using the latter is the most fair, even though some people might bltch about not being able to see other lineups (during the early games).

Just my :2cents:

Forgot about this... The other option, regarding lineups, is to make each player visible once they've been locked into a lineup. So, just like players lock at kickoff of their respective games, they also become visible in lineups at that time. On MFL, on the left side of the Commissioner Setup page, there is a link that says "Starting Lineup Setup" (under the "Players and Rosters" section). Click on that link, and you'll see this towards the bottom of the page:

Never hide starters.

Kickoff of the first game of the week.

Kickoff of the first Sunday game of the week.

Kickoff of the last game of the week.

Kickoff of each individual player's game.

Either of the last two options works well, but I actually prefer the last one (and have used that ever since it became available, for this type of contest).

Forgot about this... The other option, regarding lineups, is to make each player visible once they've been locked into a lineup. So, just like players lock at kickoff of their respective games, they also become visible in lineups at that time. On MFL, on the left side of the Commissioner Setup page, there is a link that says "Starting Lineup Setup" (under the "Players and Rosters" section). Click on that link, and you'll see this towards the bottom of the page:

Either of the last two options works well, but I actually prefer the last one (and have used that ever since it became available, for this type of contest).

I did see that option and after thinking about it, it would work better to keep the rest hidden.

I did see that option and after thinking about it, it would work better to keep the rest hidden.

I'm fine with whatever you choose (just throwing out a couple of suggestions/options). Just not sure what you mean by "the rest." Are you saying keep the players who haven't played yet hidden, or keep everybody hidden until the last game kicks off the for the week.?

I prefer the former, but either works.

Edited by Gopher

Stupid question. Do I need a paypal account to send money to your paypal account?

Actually you do NOT need to set up an account to pay somebody by paypal, I've done it before and simply need to enter your credit card info. If he wants to send payments back to the participants by paypal then you'll need an account. I think I was in Irish's SB pool once and paid him with paypal (no account just my CC info) and if I won he was going to mail me a check.

I'll pass on this contest though.

From paypal's site

Do my buyers need a PayPal account to pay me?

No. They can pay with their credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) — all without having a PayPal account.

I'm fine with whatever you choose (just throwing out a couple of suggestions/options). Just not sure what you mean by "the rest." Are you saying keep the players who haven't played yet hidden, or keep everybody hidden until the last game kicks off the for the week.?

I prefer the former, but either works.

Keep the players who haven't played yet hidden. Like you thought.

• Like 1

Still no invite... :ball:

Do you know your password from last year? If so, you don't need the invite. You should be able to click on the link in DMD's original post, then log in.

If you don't know your password, you either need the invite, or would need DMD to reset your password (and then log in with the link).

NEVER MIND... I confused this thread was DMD's SPIT contest. Good god... Is 40 the age when people start losing their mind? :lol:

Edited by Gopher

Still no invite... :ball:

Something weird I'd happening as done fills are getting the invites while others aren't. I'll try to send you another. Let me know, otherwise, up have a way to circumvent the issue.

Something weird I'd happening as done fills are getting the invites while others aren't. I'll try to send you another. Let me know, otherwise, up have a way to circumvent the issue.

I've been having that problem for the past year. Most of the MFL-related emails that I used to get, I don't get anymore. Occasionally, I'll get one, but for the most part, nope. I'm signed up to get them for every league (draft emails, waivers, etc.).

MFL has a very extensive list of steps that you can take, to try to get to the root cause. I've done that as well, and it had little effect.

I suppose I should just try another email address.

I've been having that problem for the past year. Most of the MFL-related emails that I used to get, I don't get anymore. Occasionally, I'll get one, but for the most part, nope. I'm signed up to get them for every league (draft emails, waivers, etc.).

MFL has a very extensive list of steps that you can take, to try to get to the root cause. I've done that as well, and it had little effect.

I suppose I should just try another email address.

Yeah, it's been aggravating. When that happens I just give people a temp password and the home page link and they claim their team that way and just change their password.

In regard to me getting my emails from them, or not getting them, I don't know how to fix that issue. Although I got all the transaction emails, I also tried to do the wireless link with my cell phone and that worked beautifully last season but not at all this season.

Edited by irish

Yeah, I switched to text notifications this year. Worked great, until I started to get a bunch of waivers texts at odd hours of the morning (I play in two leagues with mostly West coast guys). Wife didn't appreciate that too much. :lol:

Yeah, I switched to text notifications this year. Worked great, until I started to get a bunch of waivers texts at odd hours of the morning (I play in two leagues with mostly West coast guys). Wife didn't appreciate that too much. :lol:

LMAO! I've gotten a couple, "who the hell is that at this hour" comments from the wife. I had one guy text me at 2 am (same time zone) to drop out of one of my live, local drafts. I could never do that!

I got the site link from Al. Just need a PW.

PM sent with home page link and password I created and you can just change.

Do you know your password from last year? If so, you don't need the invite. You should be able to click on the link in DMD's original post, then log in.

If you don't know your password, you either need the invite, or would need DMD to reset your password (and then log in with the link).

NEVER MIND... I confused this thread was DMD's SPIT contest. Good god... Is 40 the age when people start losing their mind? :lol:

This did make me chuckle.

In and $ Sent

Sean Arnott, correct?

We have 42 peeps in now...