[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's your favorite draft spot this yr?

HowboutthemCowboys

i have been doing a lot of mocks from the 8th spot and have not seen this play out at all. no bell in the 1st. no dez in the 2nd. no green in the 3rd. no kelce in the 6th. no bryant in the 8th

Yeah, I'm sorry dude but Bell, Dez and AJ are impossible to get in a competitive league. Bell is gone in the first three picks. Dez is going in the first round at WORST, and AJ is right behind him with in a pick or two. In order to get all three you would have to have traded for another 1st round pick or play in a keeper league and have a high second round pick and some rookies in the league. Otherwise your playing in a free NFL.com or Espn league with several folks on autopick with some messed up ADP rankings.

I like being #8 or later. I am in a 12 team standard format. I have always been a RB/RB to start, but this year went different and I think It worked out well with being the 9th pick in the draft.

1 La'Veon Bell

2 Dez Bryant

3 AJ Green

4 Golden Tate

5 TJ Yeldon

6 Travis Kelce

7 Mathew Stafford

8 Martavis Bryant

9 Doug Martin

10 Dolphins DE

11 Teddy Bridgewater(Wavier for M Crabtree)

12 Delanie Walker (Wavier for Matt Jones Was)

13 Marvin Jones (Wavier for James Jones GB today with the report of them picking him up)

14 Sabastian Janikowski (Oak should move the ball this year)

In my 10 team league

LaVeon Bell 1.04

Dez Bryant 1.05

A.J. Green 2.07

Kelce 4.05

Tate 5.02

i have been doing a lot of mocks from the 8th spot and have not seen this play out at all. no bell in the 1st. no dez in the 2nd. no green in the 3rd. no kelce in the 6th. no bryant in the 8th

I was surprised at this as well. This is a league that I have been in for over 10 years and this was the first time that the players I wanted did not go to the guy just before me. I was also left scratching my head at some of the picks and some of the reaches that happened. Looking forward to getting to the championship game this year.

I was surprised at this as well. This is a league that I have been in for over 10 years and this was the first time that the players I wanted did not go to the guy just before me. I was also left scratching my head at some of the picks and some of the reaches that happened. Looking forward to getting to the championship game this year.

If players are there, you take them, but your draft does not portray the virtues of drafting in the 8 spot. It is not close to revealing which players are likely available in each round.

• Like 1

If players are there, you take them, but your draft does not portray the virtues of drafting in the 8 spot. It is not close to revealing which players are likely available in each round.

The guys I play with, I think feel they know more then they do about football. They try to out think the conventional wisdom. The last couple of years it has worked out for them with a couple of there players, so now they have to prove they can do that every year. This year I went for the WR's early because that has been my downfall every year. I made up for it this year though.

.. It is not a good example of an 8 spot draft.

I did not say that this was a good example, but we had an issue with one of our teams so at the last minute we set up another league, but the first league drafted by auto draft and my wife was in the 9 spot like I was and this is what the auto draft gave her. Not a bad draft out of that spot.

Ben Roethlisberger QB | PIT Andre Ellington RB | ARI Rashad Jennings RB | NYG Odell Beckham WR | NYG Dez Bryant WR | DAL Brandon Marshall WR | NYJ Jared Cook TE | STL Packers DST | GB Stephen Gostkowski K | NE Ryan Tannehill QB | MIA Todd Gurley RB | STL John Brown WR | ARI Kendall Wright WR | TEN

Jordan Reed TE | WAS

I did not say that this was a good example, but we had an issue with one of our teams so at the last minute we set up another league, but the first league drafted by auto draft and my wife was in the 9 spot like I was and this is what the auto draft gave her. Not a bad draft out of that spot.

Ben Roethlisberger QB | PIT Andre Ellington RB | ARI Rashad Jennings RB | NYG Odell Beckham WR | NYG Dez Bryant WR | DAL Brandon Marshall WR | NYJ Jared Cook TE | STL Packers DST | GB Stephen Gostkowski K | NE Ryan Tannehill QB | MIA Todd Gurley RB | STL John Brown WR | ARI Kendall Wright WR | TEN

Jordan Reed TE | WAS

I like being #8 or later. I am in a 12 team standard format. I have always been a RB/RB to start, but this year went different and I think It worked out well with being the 9th pick in the draft.

1 La'Veon Bell

2 Dez Bryant

3 AJ Green

4 Golden Tate

5 TJ Yeldon

6 Travis Kelce

7 Mathew Stafford

8 Martavis Bryant

9 Doug Martin

10 Dolphins DE

11 Teddy Bridgewater(Wavier for M Crabtree)

12 Delanie Walker (Wavier for Matt Jones Was)

13 Marvin Jones (Wavier for James Jones GB today with the report of them picking him up)

14 Sabastian Janikowski (Oak should move the ball this year)

well, you state that you like the 8 or later but do not state why and then list this draft and say you think you did pretty well. you did, but it is not a result of the draft position....more so your league mates attempting to outdraft adp. this is does not present an accurate picture of what 95% off the FF world will end up with when drafting from 8.

for me, i would say that i am not loving the spot. i will likely get an excellent wr (julio, dez, DT) in the 1st and decent tier rb (forsette, sometimes hill, sometimes murray), sometimes calvin. the 3rd presents some problems...most desirable are sanders vs olsen/kelce (every once in a while graham has shown up). the rb's are worth passing on.. if you go wr/wr....rbs truly suffer here. if you go rb/rb , you get sanders as you #1. the next few rounds kind of force me to decide whether or not to draft before the valued spots for players i think will do well (vs their tier/adp).

well, you state that you like the 8 or later but do not state why and then list this draft and say you think you did pretty well. you did, but it is not a result of the draft position....more so your league mates attempting to outdraft adp. this is does not present an accurate picture of what 95% off the FF world will end up with when drafting from 8.

for me, i would say that i am not loving the spot. i will likely get an excellent wr (julio, dez, DT) in the 1st and decent tier rb (forsette, sometimes hill, sometimes murray), sometimes calvin. the 3rd presents some problems...most desirable are sanders vs olsen/kelce (every once in a while graham has shown up). the rb's are worth passing on.. if you go wr/wr....rbs truly suffer here. if you go rb/rb , you get sanders as you #1. the next few rounds kind of force me to decide whether or not to draft before the valued spots for players i think will do well (vs their tier/adp).

I like the 8 spot or later pick so that the hype players are usually gone. It seems every year one of the first 5 picks gets hurt or suspended. It also gives me a chance to get two top five players (rb/rb or rb/wr, depending on how the draft is going). This year I went RB/WR in the 9th spot. My plan was WR/WR but I could not pass on L Bell when he fell to me.

I don't get the M Bryant hype. He's suspended to start the season and all reports are that Big Ben and the OC really like Wheaton early on based on a great camp.

I picked him up because I do not need him to start the season. I think he will make a great bye week player when he is available, because of his speed and if Wheaton does well, they will go with a lot of 3 WR sets with L Bell in the back field and he will be one on one a lot and could put up some good numbers with Brown and Wheaton getting all the attention of the DB's. Big Ben should have a great year and he does spread the ball around, so all of his receivers should put up good numbers.

I don't get the M Bryant hype. He's suspended to start the season and all reports are that Big Ben and the OC really like Wheaton early on based on a great camp.

I think Bryant is pure electric...having said that, some games he was literally one play away from a goose egg if it weren't for a late bomb for a TD in the clutch....

But then again, J Gordon was known to do the same thing at times...