[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's your favorite draft spot this yr?

HowboutthemCowboys

Middle of the round. Usually means I get Julio and another stud WR with my first 2 picks. I think Julio is going to be the WR1 overall this year and I think that AJG and Alshon are being heavily undervalued. Sometimes, Megatron even makes it to the mid 2nd if you are drafting with a bunch of youth crazed dynasty heads.

I also like a top 3 pick because you can get a stud RB first and Alshon frequently makes it back to the 2/3 turn. Before Jordy got hurt, I was able to go Bell, Cobb, Alshon with my first 3 from the 2nd slot.

Middle of the round. Usually means I get Julio and another stud WR with my first 2 picks. I think Julio is going to be the WR1 overall this year and I think that AJG and Alshon are being heavily undervalued. Sometimes, Megatron even makes it to the mid 2nd if you are drafting with a bunch of youth crazed dynasty heads.

I also like a top 3 pick because you can get a stud RB first and Alshon frequently makes it back to the 2/3 turn. Before Jordy got hurt, I was able to go Bell, Cobb, Alshon with my first 3 from the 2nd slot.

At least in my experience this and other years, you can get the stud WR at the end of the round and have a better chance at another one with your 2nd pick.

That's where I like to draft. End of the round. 11th or even 12th. I drafted several MFL10's and a couple redrafts and got combos like Nelson/Thomas, Brown/OBJ (10 teamer with RB wh0000res), Cobb/Evans, OBJ/Cobb.

I think getting 2 stud WRs is the way to go. Sure, WR is deep but a] most leagues start 3 WRs, and most have a flex spot and b] I was once again successful employing the "zero RB" strategy. Going WR-WR at the end of the draft allowed me to take BPA in the third round. Typically that was TE (Kelce, Olsen).

I have not had my pure redraft draft yet ... but based on past experience I do not like middle round picks (6/7) ... I prefer my picks be closer to each other. I don't particularly care for 1st or 2nd overall as the talent drop off between your 1st pick and your 2nd pick is too great. So give me 4/5 or 10/11/12.

If anyone from my local league used the huddle or knew about these forums, I wouldn't be posting this. :)

I like the later picks. 10, 11 or 12. As D3 said, you can get two top 5 WR's and still grab quality RBs in the later rounds. In a few mocks I've done this week (I have the 10th pick in a 12 man PPR); I do get two top 5 WR's (usually Julio and OBJ or Megatron), I have been targeting Mike Evans and Greg Olsen in rounds 3/4, and generally successful with that. In a PPR - can't really ask for a better start than that with all the quality at RB still looming around out there. I don't go out of my way to try to get a RBBC - but it's not a horrible plan either. If one goes down, you know you got the other.

Jennings/Vereen (rounds 5/6ish);

Freeman/Coleman (rounds 7/8ish);

Sankey/Cobb (rounds 7/8/9ish)

If anyone cares, my name was pulled 6th, took the 8 hole (told you I always revert to the middle lol)

CJ

Julio (almost took Hill here)

Jordan Matthews ( one of my man crushes this season)

Davante Adams (wanted RB here but didn't like who was available)

Ivory (rbs were going going gone)

Martellus Bennett (was taking Olsen but he went 2 picks before me in the 5th)

order is blurry on the rest, we drink at our draft lol

Jennings

Sankey

T Coleman

Tre Mason

Tannehill

John Brown

Tre Mason

Chris Polk

Red Rifle

Anything after $5 this year. Turn works like Darin said but I HATE the wait and watching guys run off the board between my two picks so I'd prefer between 6 and 8.

If anyone cares, my name was pulled 6th, took the 8 hole (told you I always revert to the middle lol)

CJ

Jennings

Sankey

T Coleman

Tre Mason

Tannehill

John Brown

Tre Mason

Chris Polk

Red Rifle

So I see you went zero RB.... :pop:

Edited by Zooty

CJ

Jennings

Sankey

T Coleman

Tre Mason

Tannehill

John Brown

Tre Mason

Chris Polk

Red Rifle

Anything after $5 this year. Turn works like Darin said but I HATE the wait and watching guys run off the board between my two picks so I'd prefer between 6 and 8.

So I see you went zero RB.... :pop:

Yeah, lots of people advocating it here, even though everybody seems to think it doesn't work in the other thread. :lol:

Usually I like 10-12, but this year seems to be very strong within the first 26 picks or so.

So this year I would really want the 1st or 2nd pick so I would ideally wind up with 3 core players as a base and then work from there...

But if I end up at 10-12, that's fine too.....and really, I have never drafted higher than 4 other than in 32 Homarrrrrs once but I don't count that league in this regard.

I do hate drafting 6-9 usually, but ironically the years I have had those draft slots resulted in a championsip...and even if my championship team only had about a third of the players I drafted, slots 6-9 give me good juju

Edited by Avernus

Yeah, lots of people advocating it here, even though everybody seems to think it doesn't work in the other thread. :lol:

Oh it can work. I just see it as a low percentage play since you really need even more luck than usual with the shotgun RBs that you;ll draft and luck with the WW. You'll need JStew to stay healthy and productive and grab this year's Forsett or CJ Anderson

i like drafting towards the end..not really a fan of the beginning. although the middle isnt bad either that way your not waiting forever. i draft 10 teamers so i like drafting 8,9,10 that way i can grab 2 guys i want right off the bat. have been going 2 stud wrs usually

In a 12 team league I had #10 and built the most balanced team (on paper anyways) that iv ever had. Have a top 5 QB, 2 top 10 WRs, top 10 RB, and a decent TE. also have a whole slew of rookies and and years "projected" to take off.

It didn't happen for me, but this particular year I wanted to draft from the 7 to 9, 10 spot. You can either land a top 6 RB that may fall, or definitely land a top WR, and still be likely to get another solid WR or RB in round 2, and if neither are there that are to your liking, take Luck.

I just drafted 4th in a 10 team PPR, took A Brown there, then by the grace of all that is all good and holy, CJ Anderson fell to me at 2.7.

Edited by PPIchamp

#8. I can get gronk around the spot I think he will be going and get the earliest rd 2 pick possible to get julio jones. That's been the strategy for all my drafts but I also accomplished this from the #5 spot as well. If julio is gone I would be looking for Aj green. I just don't know why people are undervaluing these 2. They aren't being talked about as they are in the same teir as dez, brown, and demaryius. I think they are and great value as a mid 2nd rd pick or early 2nd rd pick for that matter.

I like being #8 or later. I am in a 12 team standard format. I have always been a RB/RB to start, but this year went different and I think It worked out well with being the 9th pick in the draft.

1 La'Veon Bell

2 Dez Bryant

3 AJ Green

4 Golden Tate

5 TJ Yeldon

6 Travis Kelce

7 Mathew Stafford

8 Martavis Bryant

9 Doug Martin

10 Dolphins DE

11 Teddy Bridgewater(Wavier for M Crabtree)

12 Delanie Walker (Wavier for Matt Jones Was)

13 Marvin Jones (Wavier for James Jones GB today with the report of them picking him up)

14 Sabastian Janikowski (Oak should move the ball this year)

I like being #8 or later. I am in a 12 team standard format. I have always been a RB/RB to start, but this year went different and I think It worked out well with being the 9th pick in the draft.

1 La'Veon Bell

2 Dez Bryant

3 AJ Green

4 Golden Tate

5 TJ Yeldon

6 Travis Kelce

7 Mathew Stafford

8 Martavis Bryant

9 Doug Martin

10 Dolphins DE

13 Marvin Jones (Wavier for James Jones GB today with the report of them picking him up)

seriously...is this a free league?

• Like 1

1 La'Veon Bell

2 Dez Bryant

3 AJ Green

4 Golden Tate

5 TJ Yeldon

6 Travis Kelce

7 Mathew Stafford

8 Martavis Bryant

9 Doug Martin

10 Dolphins DE

i have been doing a lot of mocks from the 8th spot and have not seen this play out at all. no bell in the 1st. no dez in the 2nd. no green in the 3rd. no kelce in the 6th. no bryant in the 8th