[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson

JShady

Whats up with the usage last night? Even before things got out of hand he wasnt seeing the field that much. He looked rusty when he was in. I'm not going into panic mode yet, the dude almost broke the all time rushing record 9 months after shredding his knee. But last night sure did not inspire much confidence. Im going to chalk it up to a year away from football and hope for a bounce back in week 2 for now.

Well theres not gunna be much running room when the whole team stacks the box. SF defense looked solid last night too, even tho it was Min. All this plus he hasnt played a real game in over a year..did anyone really expect him to go off? Give him a couple games he will bounce back.

I personally still think Teddy, with solid options in the passing game like Rudolph, Johnson, Wallace, ends up having a very sneaky good year and makes people respect him a little more which will lead to lighter boxes for AP to run against. I chalk up the usage to a mixture of pregame planning(49ers tough front 7 beatable secondary) and the fact that they went down later in the game. Still a top 5 RB for me, but I did have him at the top RB slot coming in to the year so I guess I'm technically wavering a bit, but not too much.

Bridgewater is not comfortable under center and runs the majority of plays from shotgun or pistol. AP is not a shifty runner who succeeds in these formations. He's a power back who's used to running from an I formation. Even he indicated that he wasn't comfortable in the new scheme

He will perform better than last night against teams that aren't SF, but I think his draft position will prove to have been way too high.

• Like 2

Agreed, I think he will be around #5-8 this year. AP has always struggled against SF, and I thought he would see success given the 49ers loss of 4 defensive starters, but the Vikes loss at the O-line with Sullivan and Loadholt out was noticeable. I think Zimmer should go back to the power formation because they can't hold the pocket long enough for deep routes to develop which is why Bridgewater struggled.

They also probably wanted to ease AP in but the fact that they played from behind the entire second half didn't help with the run game. The entire first half was a battle of special teams and was honestly some of the ugliest football I had ever seen. It didn't really give either offense a chance to develop any drives.

I want to see AP sent to Dallas. And I'm not a Dallas fan by any means. I just think a deal like this could/would benefit both teams immensely.

Dallas sends to MIN:

1st round pick in '16 and '17

2nd round pick in '18

one of their current RBs like Randle or Dunbar

or

then go sign Ray Rice

Min sends to Dallas:

AP

• Like 1

1st game, year off, no pre-season? Be patient, that is all.......Poached "I've been doing it for a long time," Peterson said. "I kind of grew out of trying to play in the preseason. Might as well throw all your marbles out there when it really counts."(ESPN) He's played 1 GAME?

I want to see AP sent to Dallas. And I'm not a Dallas fan by any means. I just think a deal like this could/would benefit both teams immensely.

Dallas sends to MIN:

2nd round pick in '18

or

then go sign Ray Rice

Min sends to Dallas:

AP

No way a team was going to pay one 1st round pick for AP, let alone more. Tampa mortgaged their future for Gruden and paid for it. AP is at the tail end of his career and has off-the-field baggage to boot.

• Like 1

No way a team was going to pay one 1st round pick for AP, let alone more. Tampa mortgaged their future for Gruden and paid for it. AP is at the tail end of his career and has off-the-field baggage to boot.

Suggested picks was a starting point. As we know with Tebow, "all it takes is one team" who will (over)pay the asking price, although Tebow was "only" a price tag of one 1st round pick when he was selected. I would doubt that Jones would pass on trading for him if an offer was close to reasonable, maybe even give a little more than he'd like. Two 1st rounders may be (is probably) too steep. MIN needs to move on from AP, IMHO. Personally, I don't consider AP's past as "baggage". Ray Rice, yes. AP, no. I'm of the opinion MIN is keeping AP almost out of spite (or maybe they don't really know what to do), instead of using him while he still has relatively high trade value to get something worthwhile in return. Keeping AP will not help them win a championship this year or next. They need more pieces, and AP's trade value can help with that.

Dallas sends to MIN:

2nd round pick in '18

or

then go sign Ray Rice

Min sends to Dallas:

AP

f that deal :lol:

Dallas sends to MIN:

2nd round pick in '18

or

then go sign Ray Rice

Min sends to Dallas:

AP

Only Dan Snyder would make a deal comparable to that...from all indications so far, it's worked out pretty well for the Rams...lol