[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anderson owners... what now?

Inziladun

DMD, who is Jake Richmond?? The guy that wrote the article about CJ being the overall "consensus" #1 pick??? He sold the kool-aide, I ordered a double.

My fault for buying in, however, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ain't gonna happen. Need to make sure I avoid any and all articles or advice he offers moving forward.... :bag::bash:

DMD, who is Jake Richmond?? The guy that wrote the article about CJ being the overall "consensus" #1 pick??? He sold the kool-aide, I ordered a double.

My fault for buying in, however, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ain't gonna happen. Need to make sure I avoid any and all articles or advice he offers moving forward.... :bag::bash:

It's not like it was just Jake Richmond who sold the Kool-Aid. All analysts and so called experts were all over Anderson's nuts going into the season. Richmond on the other hand, dude has made some great calls outside of Anderson - listen to a few of the Blitzed podcasts from last year - he was spot on on a lot of his predictions on who to target, and who to stay away from..
  • Like 1

In other news, Hillman looked alright this week. Too bad he's a fragile POS, if CJ didn't steal the carries because Hillman can't stay healthy half a game, he would of gone off.

Hillman can't break a tackle, even if it's a corner trying to tackle him

It's not like it was just Jake Richmond who sold the Kool-Aid. All analysts and so called experts were all over Anderson's nuts going into the season. Richmond on the other hand, dude has made some great calls outside of Anderson - listen to a few of the Blitzed podcasts from last year - he was spot on on a lot of his predictions on who to target, and who to stay away from..

Agree. Don't be hating on Jake. Dude is on the ball. The CJ situation is pretty damn ridiculous.

Yeah I didn't buy into the whole Anderson in the first round thing. And glad I didn't. I did, however, buy into Monte Ball last season so...yeah. And I drafted Jeremy Hill who's pretty much losing his job to Geo Bernard (FML) and I could have gotten Forte but I kind of thought he would have a down year since he kind of struggled last season (sighhhhh) the struggles of being the 9th pick

If you can get something of value for Anderson, go for it. However, I am trying to lowball the Anderson owner in my league. As Manning's arm gets worse and the weather gets bad, the running game will be needed more. I do not trust Hillman. For a low price, I will roll the dice that Anderson comes around towards the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 2

I have listened to most of the Blitzed podcasts, and now realize where I've heard Jake's name before..... You are right, there has been some great insight from that entire group! And I have also listened to many other "experts". While many people were hyped up over Anderson, at the end of the day, I've always relied on on the Huddle's experts to help me make the final decision...... It's why this is the only site I pay for....

I really am not trying to "hate on Jake", as BA put it........ however it was his in-depth and detailed analysis that gave me the confidence to make that pick, and unfortunately, in this case, it ended up being a big swing and miss.

At the end of the day, I, and only I, made the decision to take CJ Anderson over guys like Lynch, Peterson, Forte, & Brown, so that's on me completely!!! It was also harsh for me to say I would avoid all his advice in the future, however, I will not and cannot give as much weight to his advice moving forward as I did in the past......

It's kinda like the old weighted averages spreadsheet Rhino used to do. For me, his weighted average on advice just got knocked down a notch or two....

I have listened to most of the Blitzed podcasts, and now realize where I've heard Jake's name before..... You are right, there has been some great insight from that entire group! And I have also listened to many other "experts". While many people were hyped up over Anderson, at the end of the day, I've always relied on on the Huddle's experts to help me make the final decision...... It's why this is the only site I pay for....

I really am not trying to "hate on Jake", as BA put it........ however it was his in-depth and detailed analysis that gave me the confidence to make that pick, and unfortunately, in this case, it ended up being a big swing and miss.

At the end of the day, I, and only I, made the decision to take CJ Anderson over guys like Lynch, Peterson, Forte, & Brown, so that's on me completely!!! It was also harsh for me to say I would avoid all his advice in the future, however, I will not and cannot give as much weight to his advice moving forward as I did in the past......

It's kinda like the old weighted averages spreadsheet Rhino used to do. For me, his weighted average on advice just got knocked down a notch or two....

Wow I took him in the 2nd round after all of the guys I really wanted were gone, and still am ticked off about it. Taking him before those guys you mentioned must really sting. I ended up taking a lot of guys on my teams this year that I didn't have a good feeling about and am really paying for it. CJ is one of those guys, I wish I would have listened to my gut.

Edited by Finn5033

He sits on my waiver wire as I stare at him and Jstew trying to find someone to drop....

These limited reserve spots kill me...and no this is not an 8 man league...it's 10 :fool:

If you love him, let him go.

Seriously you're team does not want him there.

I am a firm believer in 'process over results'. It is impossible to not have big misses in fantasy, it just about skewing probability in your favor ever so slightly. The process that led to ranking CJ high was sound, no need to blow it up over a miss that is a statistical inevitability.

• Like 1

I dropped CJ. Wanted to hold onto him one more week but my team couldn't take the hit and I need to make moves to better my chances in the playoffs (IE. stash Romo). Slightly sad about it, i'm holding Hillman through this week, if he overtakes CJ then all the better, if CJ comes back with lead role then at least I'm done with the headache.