[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Andrews - is this guy legit (TEN RB)?

NYCDOG

Other sites have been touting this guy as somewhat of a sleeper in Tennessee given the overall ineffectiveness of Sankey and McCluster. Apparently had a good preseason and Whisenhunt likes him.

Tennessee homers and those in the know, is this the back to own in Tennessee?

While I agree that TEN has been the place where RBs go to die that last couple years, I do think that this Andrews kid has an opportunity to really do something here. Keep in mind that last week was his first game of the season - I think it's somewhat telling that he waltzed right in and out-touched the "incumbent" (i.e., Sankey) by an almost 2:1 ratio . . . and Sankey hadn't even been that bad the first 2 games. That clearly says that the coaching staff likes the kid. The second thing to keep in mind is that the TEN offense isn't completely and utterly useless anymore, with Mariota under center - there may actually be some points to be had from a lead RB in this offense.

Now, is Andrews going to be an RB1? Hell no - but he could be a low end RB2/FLEX play in the coming weeks if they keep giving him the rock . . . and let's face it, who else are they going to give it to? They clearly aren't Sankey fans down in TEN.

I look at the Titans situation as more of a RBBC by failure. Sanky and West have not looked great thus far and they desperately need someone to be consistent. I think Andrews could give you 40 - 60 yards a game if given the chance, with an occasional touchdown here and there. Considering the state of the runningbacks right now, it's sadly possible to do worse. What I'm more worried about is the fact the Titans go on bye this week and when they return the coaches will have short term memory loss on how Andrews played in week 3. If I had to own a Titans runningback right now, I would want Andrews.

There are several starting players that can be said about. Pretty sure the context of this thread is whether or not he can have a fantasy impact.

If a player isn't anything special NFL wise then he's not long for fantasy value.

• 2 weeks later...