[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael Getting His Shot?

DaFreak

Okay. :lol:

For some perspective:

Over the course of his career Tony Dorsett averaged a fumble every 32 touches

Over the course of his career Eric Dickerson averaged a fumble every 38 touches

Over the course of his career Walter Payton averaged a fumble every 44 touches

Over the course of his career Barry Sanders averaged a fumble every 75 touches

Over the course of his career Marshall Faulk averaged a fumble every 78 touches

Some of the greatest running backs of all time, all fumblers. Move on from your labels, his issues in Seattle had nothing to do with fumbling the ball.

We all know pre-season stats mean nothing! I believe that whatever was going on in Seattle went deeper then football. I think there was genuine dislike among both sides. It basically became a pissing match. To label him a fumbler is nonsense though.

In the overall scheme of the season preseason stats mean nothing.

For established veterrans preseason srars mean nothing.

For many rookies and players trying to make the cut they only have the preseason to make an impression, and for them their preseason stats matter very much. If you demonstrate the inability to control the ball in the preseason this is not simply ignored, as much as you might like it to be.

• Like 1

For some perspective:

Some of the greatest running backs of all time, all fumblers. Move on from your labels, his issues in Seattle had nothing to do with fumbling the ball.

Lol ... you are really comparing CMix to these guys? When you have the talent of that list you are given more latitude in regards to fumbling

• Like 1

Lol ... you are really comparing CMix to these guys? When you have the talent of that list you are given more latitude in regards to fumbling

Why have context anyways? It's better to just butcher what somebody is saying...

Edited by Avernus

Why have context anyways? It's better to just butcher what somebody is saying...

Do tell, what context am I missing. There is a discussion about whether or not C-Mix has fumbling issues. And the guy who says he does not pops up a list of all time great RBs indicating that they fumbled at a rate equivalent to the rate expressed for C-Mix. That is a direct comparison of C-Mix to those guys. And unless CMix has the same talent as those guys it is a silly comparison.

Do tell, what context am I missing. There is a discussion about whether or not C-Mix has fumbling issues. And the guy who says he does not pops up a list of all time great RBs indicating that they fumbled at a rate equivalent to the rate expressed for C-Mix. That is a direct comparison of C-Mix to those guys. And unless CMix has the same talent as those guys it is a silly comparison.

you need to get laid or something bro

I read it as the guy posted that some really good rbs over yrs have fumbled alot. I was thinking the same thing actually. Charles twice in one game this yr came to mind. I didn't think he was saying Michael will ever be any good..maybe I skimmed over it. Imo, fumbling has nothing to do with his lack of reps, I don't think he can pass block to save his life..they never ask him to.I think grits' (a Cowboys fan) seeming hatred of all things Dallas is a lil odd

I got to say. Your hyperfocus on Grits is a little odd. Dafreak was definitely making a comparison (and a pretty clumsy one).

The only comparison I was making was that CMix has run the ball exactly 64 times and has fumbled once while many of the great backs of our time have fumbled with much more frequency. I am not saying he is better, equal or worse then those backs, I am saying it is unfair to label the guy a fumbler, or to a greater extent a bust, based on those 64 carries/297 yards/4.6 average.

For some perspective:

Where's Tiki Barber stand on this list? Is he north or south of 1 fumble for every 10 touches?

Derp derp derp...

MIchael's inability to hold onto the ball was a major issue in Seattle. His coaches stated it several times and his fumble numbers as a whole are basically an alarming anomaly compared to modern day RBs. If you want to ignore those realities to pretend you're winning an argument; so be it.

MIchael's inability to hold onto the ball was a major issue in Seattle. His coaches stated it several times and his fumble numbers as a whole are basically an alarming anomaly compared to modern day RBs. If you want to ignore those realities to pretend you're winning an argument; so be it.

Not trying to win an argument, I just don't think he got a fair shake in Seattle. I respect your position, I just don't agree with it.

Not trying to win an argument, I just don't think he got a fair shake in Seattle. I respect your position, I just don't agree with it.

Hmm - someone who politely agrees to disagree. What has this place become? I missed all the name calling and cat fighting. I wanted to join Taz for some :pop:

From a fantasy perspective McFadden appears to be the lead dog, until... So the question becomes does Randle come back and start splitting carries or will

Yea...for giggles I just double checked one of his other numbers and that didn't check out either.

I only used rushing attempts, what number didn't check out?

Hmm - someone who politely agrees to disagree. What has this place become? I missed all the name calling and cat fighting. I wanted to join Taz for some :pop:

This 672-post marathon is mellowing some of us out, I guess.

• Like 1