[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SNF Rodgers getting shut out!

Cowboyz1

You are correct. They exchanged Greg Hardy for Jared Allen and they don't have Kelvin Benjamin or Deangello Williams. Yup, different team for sure.

Yeah, and teams can't improve without getting new players. It's weird the Falcons have a good run game this year but lost Steven Jackson and their new player(Coleman) isn't playing much, and the Bengals are on pace to shatter their passing stats from last year, but their QB and WR's are pretty much the same. I just don't understand how it's possible... :thinking:

You wouldn't say that Green and Cobb are more or less on par (slight advantage to Green probably)? After them, I'd say GB has the advantage, with James Jones being better than Marvin Jones and the rest of their WRs having an edge over cincy's. So all in all I'd say they're more or less even. Maybe a slight advantage to the bengals as they have a much more talented catching TE (yes that's what I was referring to), as well as more threats in passing out of the backfield.

ps: i could be wrong though, I don't follow either team that closely, ie i don't regularly watch them. i didn't think Green was that good.

(not taking Jordy into consideration here)

I'd say Green is a solid amount better than Cobb and Sanu/M. Jones are better than J. Jones/Adams, and Eifert/Hill/Gio are clearly better than R. Rodgers/Starks/Lacy. With that said, because Rodgers is on another level from Dalton I'd say the offenses are pretty similar overall.

Rodgers had 17 fantasy points week 4 at San Francisco, ( 6pts Td 1 25 yds) and then 19 fantasy points wk 5 at home vs St Louis. He has had only one game over 300 yards this year. He is away at Carolina. Not having Jordy is making a huge difference. He is away going against a team that has a much better defense that went up against the 12th man and won. I picked up Taylor this week and will probably play him. Rodgers is serviceable but not worth the 2nd round keeper pick I spent on him.

You wouldn't say that Green and Cobb are more or less on par (slight advantage to Green probably)?

I would say that they are equally elite at what they do, but an elite split-end is FAR more dangerous to a defense than an elite slot receiver could ever hope to be.

• Like 1

You wouldn't say that Green and Cobb are more or less on par (slight advantage to Green probably)? After them, I'd say GB has the advantage, with James Jones being better than Marvin Jones and the rest of their WRs having an edge over cincy's. So all in all I'd say they're more or less even. Maybe a slight advantage to the bengals as they have a much more talented catching TE (yes that's what I was referring to), as well as more threats in passing out of the backfield.

ps: i could be wrong though, I don't follow either team that closely, ie i don't regularly watch them. i didn't think Green was that good.

(not taking Jordy into consideration here)

Nope, I stand by Green being significantly better than Cobb. Not saying Cobb isn't good, but he's not Green. And he's got a much better QB throwing him the ball. Saw willswear3's post, pretty much agree with the CIN-GB offense comparison.

Yeah, and teams can't improve without getting new players. It's weird the Falcons have a good run game this year but lost Steven Jackson and their new player(Coleman) isn't playing much, and the Bengals are on pace to shatter their passing stats from last year, but their QB and WR's are pretty much the same. I just don't understand how it's possible... :thinking:

Eifert was banged up and I think out part of last year. Both he and Green are still pretty young, and Dalton too they're all getting more comfortable in the offense.

Eifert was banged up and I think out part of last year. Both he and Green are still pretty young, and Dalton too they're all getting more comfortable in the offense.

Yeah, that was my point. The guy was saying Carolina was worse from last year because they lost Hardy, D-Will, Kelvin Benjamin, etc and I was mocking the fact that he didn't take into player improvement at all.

Yeah, that was my point. The guy was saying Carolina was worse from last year because they lost Hardy, D-Will, Kelvin Benjamin, etc and I was mocking the fact that he didn't take into player improvement at all.

I did not say they were worse because they lost those players. Their record clearly implies otherwise. The only point I was making was that the Packers beat them badly last year when they had better weapons than they have this year. That does not mean I think the Packers are going to beat them even worse this year. I didn't say that either, or anything even close to that. You made a lot of assumptions just because I commented that the Packers beat them last year with less talent on their roster than they have this year.

The Pack also had Jordy who had a long touchdown in that game, AND it was played in Green Bay, AND Luke Kuechly was ejected half way through the game.

I'm only saying this: Would it surprise me if the Panthers won? Not at all. Would it surprise me if this slice of humble pie fired up Rodgers and Co and they came out and wrecked the Panthers? Not at all. Every year it seems to take a scenario like what happened in Denver to get them fired up, and they do have a recipe that worked on this team very recently.

Edited by Alphashado

Guess Rodgers didn't get the memo that you drafted him this year. Guess you should send it again so he can play better for you.

Yeah, that's a snarky comment. Usually way below my level of commentary. But what comes around goes around dude. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/452136-john-brown-losing-ground/

Oh man you got me dude your soooo good at this... :lol:

Is anyone benching him this week, away vs Carolina? I know Carolina is not the same as Denver, nor are they the same as the 49ers where he had 1 td and 224 yds.

I would if I had a much better option. Say....Brady, Brees, or maybe even Roethlisberger at home. But I would have to have a damn good reason to sit him plus a great option coming off the bench. No way I sit him for Carr, Bortles, or Taylor for that matter. I could be dead wrong and he pukes out another stinker on the road, but I doubt it.

Is anyone benching him this week, away vs Carolina? I know Carolina is not the same as Denver, nor are they the same as the 49ers where he had 1 td and 224 yds.

Kind of similar situation with Luck. I'd be thinking seriously about benching him if Fitzpatrick hadn't messed up his hand.

• Like 1

I have Taylor and am going back and forth. Miami might be all fired up. There were a lot of good comments about Rodgers being careful to a fault, which say he is the great QB that he is but can score low numbers by being careful. He doesn't play as well in road games as he does at home. I keep thinking about last year at the Saints when he was pretty much shut down even with Jordy. Carolina seems softer against the run, Martin had a big day against them. I could see the Pack relying more heavily on the run game with Rodgers being more of a game manager. Also in both games where he had 17 FFp and !9 FFP consecutively he got 3 of the points for rushing.

Edited by Scorcher