[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SNF Rodgers getting shut out!

Cowboyz1

WOw, my eyes are wondering what they are seeing. GB 22nd ranked passing offense. AS of this post with just about 5 minutes left in the 1st half, Rodgers has 23 yards passing?

Denver is either really good or Rodgers and co. are slipping badly.

GB seems to be getting soft. I mean they seem to just give up after getting punched in the mouth. Don't recall them laying down like that in the past. I know Denver was playing tough but GB just seemed to roll over on their backs like a dominated lion pawing up at Denver as if to say "ok ok,,,,,$hit enough already".

GB seems to be getting soft. I mean they seem to just give up after getting punched in the mouth. Don't recall them laying down like that in the past. I know Denver was playing tough but GB just seemed to roll over on their backs like a dominated lion pawing up at Denver as if to say "ok ok,,,,,$hit enough already".

You need to give some credit to the Denver defense. Rodgers was getting hit about every other pass attempt and his receivers were swallowed up by coverage. This wasn't a case of GB just sucking for no reason.

• Like 2

Matt Cassel: 97 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs.

Aaron Rodgers: 77 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTS.

Not sure what to make of this :thinking: :huh:

Not sure why you'd try to compare a crappy backup QB to one of the best playing today, its :crazy:

As for GB getting soft, nonsense they went to Denver and faced a very good team, with a dominating defense and an offense that hit it stride. If anything that embarassing loss is on their defense more than their offense.

There is a reason Rodgers doesn't throw many interceptions - He is accurate and he doesn't throw into good coverage. Sometimes it's to a fault. I would have liked to see him take more chances, but he was getting absolutely smothered, and nobody was getting open. As Chris C mentioned during the game, any other QB would have been sacked 10 times during that game.

Devante Adams is way overrated imo. All us packer fans keep hearing is how great he is supposed to be, yet the dude just drops passes and runs the wrong routes.

James Jones has been playing his heart out, but he just doesn't have the speed to get separation vs good coverage.

I actually liked what I saw from Cobb, despite the low numbers. He was getting open and he was fired up wanting the ball more often. Problem was that by the time he was getting open, Rodgers was smothered.

They REALLY miss Jordy. I said it when I he first got hurt, and I'll say it again: He is a very underrated, talented WR.

This wasn't a surprise though. Really good defense will shut Rodgers right down because he won't take chances. Buffalo smoked the Packers last year for the same reasons.

I also can't help but wonder how much the play calling is effecting this offense. Is it all due to Jordy's absence? Let's not forget that McCarthy gave the play calling duties to the O Coordinator this year. Either way, there are times when it's frustrating watching Rodgers play. Particularly vs good defenses. I wish he would take more chances. But he is human after all, and considering how amazing he can be most of the time, I'm not going to grumble much about it.

I was way more ticked off at the GB defense. They didn't even get one sack vs an old, slow QB behind a very poor O line. They got torched in the middle of the field and it didn't look like lack of talent to me, it looked like bad play calling. Coverage in the middle of the field vs slant passes was absolutely pathetic.

Looked to me like Manning out-gamed Dom Capers.

Edited by Alphashado

There is a reason Rodgers doesn't throw many interceptions - He is accurate and he doesn't throw into good coverage. Sometimes it's to a fault. I would have liked to see him take more chances, but he was getting absolutely smothered, and nobody was getting open. As Chris C mentioned during the game, any other QB would have been sacked 10 times during that game.

Devante Adams is way overrated imo. All us packer fans keep hearing is how great he is supposed to be, yet the dude just drops passes and runs the wrong routes.

James Jones has been playing his heart out, but he just doesn't have the speed to get separation vs good coverage.

I actually liked what I saw from Cobb, despite the low numbers. He was getting open and he was fired up wanting the ball more often. Problem was that by the time he was getting open, Rodgers was smothered.

They REALLY miss Jordy. I said it when I he first got hurt, and I'll say it again: He is a very underrated, talented WR.

This wasn't a surprise though. Really good defense will shut Rodgers right down because he won't take chances. Buffalo smoked the Packers last year for the same reasons.

I also can't help but wonder how much the play calling is effecting this offense. Is it all due to Jordy's absence? Let's not forget that McCarthy gave the play calling duties to the O Coordinator this year. Either way, there are times when it's frustrating watching Rodgers play. Particularly vs good defenses. I wish he would take more chances. But he is human after all, and considering how amazing he can be most of the time, I'm not going to grumble much about it.

I was way more ticked off at the GB defense. They didn't even get one sack vs an old, slow QB behind a very poor O line. They got torched in the middle of the field and it didn't look like lack of talent to me, it looked like bad play calling. Coverage in the middle of the field vs slant passes was absolutely pathetic.

Looked to me like Manning out-gamed Dom Capers.

I completely agree with you on Rodgers play. He doesn't force anything which is why he doesn't turn the ball over. But like you said he does it to a fault. It doesn't matter if you throw an interception if you can't move the ball anyways. You absolutely have to give Denver's D credit but Green Bay just rolled over in this one. Throw the ball, take some chances.

The refs really saved this one from being a shutout. Alot of nonsense went on last night.

As far as the rest of the season goes, I don't think our offense can maintain what happened last night. I've been a huge critic of Manning this year and 1 game doesn't change that. Should he continue like this I'll eat my words but I'm not sold yet. However, that defense just dropped the mic. Put the whole league on notice. Barring injury I think this defense, with some help from the offense, is easily capable of winning a championship.

Another thing to consider is that the Packers receivers may just completely suck this year. Jordy has been hurt all year. Cobb has been playing through injury. James Jones was cut by 2 teams within the last year. Ty Montgomery has had injuries and is a rookie. Richard Rodgers is probably average. Davante Adams has been injured and is probably average.

Aaron Rodgers is so amazing that he has made a below average receiving corps look respectable so far this year. I don't think a lack of risk taking by Aaron Rodgers was at fault on Sunday. Instead it was that Denver's excellent secondary completely shut down the weak Packers receivers. Add to that constant pressure from the defensive line and ARod had no prayer.

sure, maybe, but i'm not gonna say that the Patriots WRs or the Bengals WRs (and certainly not the Panthers WRs) are that much better. I'd say the Packers and Bengals are about equal in terms of their WRs (minus the obvious discrepancy in TE), and the Panthers are clearly worse. The Patriots may be a tad better - Gronk is clearly the best TE of the bunch, and Edelman has been performing better than anyone else - but isn't that just a similar example? With Brady making a good WR look great? LaFell looks pretty bad TBH and Amendola is OK.

Clearly Denver has the best WRs of the top teams, but it's gonna come down to QB.

TBH, after Denver's performance against GB the other night, I think they're the team to beat, not the Patriots, and it all comes down to defense. I think that Denver's defense can shut down Brady, and at the same time, I think the Broncos offense can scrap together a win against the Pats D. The running game looks to be improving massively, which will benefit the passing game and give Peyton an easier time looking for his WRs. Look back through the scoreboards - the Pats give up a lot of points to non-elite teams - 32 to the Bills, 28 to the Steelers, 27 to the Colts, 23 to the Jets. They just score more than they give up, every week. As long as Denver can hold the Pats to under 20 points, I think they have a great shot.

Edited by pun

sure, maybe, but i'm not gonna say that the Patriots WRs or the Bengals WRs (and certainly not the Panthers WRs) are that much better. I'd say the Packers and Bengals are about equal in terms of their WRs (minus the obvious discrepancy in TE), and the Panthers are clearly worse. The Patriots may be a tad better - Gronk is clearly the best TE of the bunch, and Edelman has been performing better than anyone else - but isn't that just a similar example? With Brady making a good WR look great? LaFell looks pretty bad TBH and Amendola is OK.

Clearly Denver has the best WRs of the top teams, but it's gonna come down to QB.

TBH, after Denver's performance against GB the other night, I think they're the team to beat, not the Patriots, and it all comes down to defense. I think that Denver's defense can shut down Brady, and at the same time, I think the Broncos offense can scrap together a win against the Pats D. The running game looks to be improving massively, which will benefit the passing game and give Peyton an easier time looking for his WRs. Look back through the scoreboards - the Pats give up a lot of points to non-elite teams - 32 to the Bills, 28 to the Steelers, 27 to the Colts, 23 to the Jets. They just score more than they give up, every week. As long as Denver can hold the Pats to under 20 points, I think they have a great shot.

To the bolded, the Bengals have AJ Green who is elite or nearly so, Packers have nobody left that is even close to that. (I'd say AJ is better than Jordy too.) Bengals also have Eifert at TE, who was injured last year but is turning into a real beastly TE (maybe that was your "obvious discrepancy" point). Clearly they have a far better group catching the ball. They also have a better running game, and the Pats have a better OL (than GB for both).

It's my luck I skip on Rodgers every year he goes off and the year I get him in 3 leagues he has his down year fantasy wise. Funny I have Carr as my backup in all 3 and he has been owning him. I just can't pull the trigger to switch them but this may be the week with GB getting Carolina

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

It's my luck I skip on Rodgers every year he goes off and the year I get him in 3 leagues he has his down year fantasy wise. Funny I have Carr as my backup in all 3 and he has been owning him. I just can't pull the trigger to switch them but this may be the week with GB getting Carolina

Perhaps. But I watched that entire Panther/Colts game, and while the Carolina defense is good, it's nowhere near as good as Denver.

Rodgers has never been shut down two weeks in a row to my knowledge. It's like the guy thrives after he gets embarrassed or humiliated.

He could have another bad week due to everything mentioned above. He's playing another good Defense, he is on the road again, no deep threat etc etc. I'm just saying that betting against a pissed-off Aaron Rodgers is not a safe bet.

Also keep in mind that the Packers beat the snot out of Carolina when they played last year 38-17. And it wasn't even that close.

Edited by Alphashado

Perhaps. But I watched that entire Panther/Colts game, and while the Carolina defense is good, it's nowhere near as good as Denver.

Rodgers has never been shut down two weeks in a row to my knowledge. It's like the guy thrives after he gets embarrassed or humiliated.

He could have another bad week due to everything mentioned above. He's playing another good Defense, he is on the road again, no deep threat etc etc. I'm just saying that betting against a pissed-off Aaron Rodgers is not a safe bet.

Also keep in mind that the Packers beat the snot out of Carolina when they played last year 38-17. And it wasn't even that close.

This isn't last years panthers
  • Like 1

Guess Rodgers didn't get the memo that you drafted him this year. Guess you should send it again so he can play better for you.

Yeah, that's a snarky comment. Usually way below my level of commentary. But what comes around goes around dude. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/452136-john-brown-losing-ground/

Edited by Alphashado

To the bolded, the Bengals have AJ Green who is elite or nearly so, Packers have nobody left that is even close to that. (I'd say AJ is better than Jordy too.) Bengals also have Eifert at TE, who was injured last year but is turning into a real beastly TE (maybe that was your "obvious discrepancy" point). Clearly they have a far better group catching the ball. They also have a better running game, and the Pats have a better OL (than GB for both).

You wouldn't say that Green and Cobb are more or less on par (slight advantage to Green probably)? After them, I'd say GB has the advantage, with James Jones being better than Marvin Jones and the rest of their WRs having an edge over cincy's. So all in all I'd say they're more or less even. Maybe a slight advantage to the bengals as they have a much more talented catching TE (yes that's what I was referring to), as well as more threats in passing out of the backfield.

ps: i could be wrong though, I don't follow either team that closely, ie i don't regularly watch them. i didn't think Green was that good.

(not taking Jordy into consideration here)

Edited by pun