[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Annoyed at people..

BrooklynKid

So I'm the commish in my league and have been trying to make moves...

So earlier this week I dealt Yeldon and Hurns for Mark Ingram.. the guy accepts..

the next day he texts me saying he never clicked ACCEPT but his phone must have done it on it's own.. so I didn't want to vetoed the trade but I figured as the commish I should cancel it so I can keep this group happy and together..

Fast forward to last night.. me and another team text on and off for about 3-4 hours discussing trades and HE offered Julio Jones for Doug Martin and Mike Evans... I accepted.

Today he texts me saying he was high off his ass and didn't want to do the trade and kept texting me saying he really didn't want to do it but he'll live with it but he didn't want to do it but he'll deal with it but REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't mean to do it since he was high.

So as much as it burned me again... I vetoed that deal as well.

I know/feel like I should have told them to kick rocks and oh well but I feel like as the commish I kind of have to cancel those trades especially since they were never fully processed.. should I have acted more as the owner of my team and told them to go screw themselves?

Considering not inviting both of them back for next season after these situations.. a few of the other core people in the league agreed with that also.

Damn man I'm salivating at what my team could have been

Luck/Bortles

Peterson

Ingram

Hopkins

Jones

Gates

Jeffery

Cardinals

:shocking:

Because they pull out bulltaco excuses like "my phone did it" and "I was high so should not be held accountable for my actions". Seriously, who expects anyone to buy that crap?

Oh, except you did.

What do you want me to do? I'm the commish and the trades weren't fully processed. I'm not gonna look like a shady commish.

What do you want me to do? I'm the commish and the trades weren't fully processed. I'm not gonna look like a shady commish.

When you buy something at a store, and you realize you paid too much, you cant go in there saying "i was high as manure so give me a refund."

They accepted, you accepted. Its not your responsibility to look after them. If there is no money on the line, then it doesnt matter. but if there is money on the line, those guys wouldnt be in my league next year.

When you buy something at a store, and you realize you paid too much, you cant go in there saying "i was high as taco so give me a refund."

They accepted, you accepted. Its not your responsibility to look after them. If there is no money on the line, then it doesnt matter. but if there is money on the line, those guys wouldnt be in my league next year.

Actually.. you can go to a store and get a refund lol.

And there is money in the league on the line.. you're right.. they won't be in the league next year.

Because they pull out bulltaco excuses like "my phone did it" and "I was high so should not be held accountable for my actions". Seriously, who expects anyone to buy that crap?

Oh, except you did.

I agree he should've told them to eat dicks but you don't gotta be a cock about it.

You and another owner made a trade on the site, that was accepted by both parties (one proposes, other accepts). That's it trade accepted, unless there is collusion or some proof that "my phone did it" you process the trade like any other.

If two other owners accept a trade, then one of them tells you "no way, didn't mean to accept the trade, UNDO DUDE" what are you going to do?

I have one example of an accepted trade that was not processed in our, and it was a trade I clearly accepted by accident. I was offered a trade, I reviewed it and was typing a counter offer in the comment box on the trade review page. "Nope not like this, but how about something like....." and then I looked at something else, looked back, reviewed my comment and thought "accept comment". As soon as I clicked the button I was like, um no I didn't mean that. Emailed my co-commish and the other owner. Both understood and the trade was rejected (not approved) by the other co-commish. Some here might say that is BS, but screw them its my league and the people there are ok with it.

You're confusing being fare and a good commish with bending over backwards and letting people abuse you. It sets a bad precedent.

PS Not only can you return an item for a refund, some stores offer price matching and will refund the difference if you find the item somewhere else for less. That was a horrible example somebody used.

You and another owner made a trade on the site, that was accepted by both parties (one proposes, other accepts). That's it trade accepted, unless there is collusion or some proof that "my phone did it" you process the trade like any other.

If two other owners accept a trade, then one of them tells you "no way, didn't mean to accept the trade, UNDO DUDE" what are you going to do?

I have one example of an accepted trade that was not processed in our, and it was a trade I clearly accepted by accident. I was offered a trade, I reviewed it and was typing a counter offer in the comment box on the trade review page. "Nope not like this, but how about something like....." and then I looked at something else, looked back, reviewed my comment and thought "accept comment". As soon as I clicked the button I was like, um no I didn't mean that. Emailed my co-commish and the other owner. Both understood and the trade was rejected (not approved) by the other co-commish. Some here might say that is BS, but screw them its my league and the people there are ok with it.

You're confusing being fare and a good commish with bending over backwards and letting people abuse you. It sets a bad precedent.

PS Not only can you return an item for a refund, some stores offer price matching and will refund the difference if you find the item somewhere else for less. That was a horrible example somebody used.

So how do you tell me I'm bending backwards but you say you've been through the same situation? and had a trade canceled?

So how do you tell me I'm bending backwards but you say you've been through the same situation? and had a trade canceled?

I typed a lot this point may have been lost, the trade I accepted said in the comments. "Nope not making that trade, how about this....." It was clear I was NOT accepting that trade and simply clicked the wrong button. And if either my co-commish or the owner would have complained, I would have said "Ok, I screwed up, approve the trade I'll live."

One guy claims he "didn't accept it my phone did it." I wouldn't buy that unless I knew more about the phone app and how likely that was. The other guy was high, that's no excuse. He certainly should have been told HELL NO.

You're too willing to believe what they say, or think you'll look bad for processing the trade they accepted and want to go back on. Would you do that if you were not involved in the trade.

I typed a lot this point may have been lost, the trade I accepted said in the comments. "Nope not making that trade, how about this....." It was clear I was NOT accepting that trade and simply clicked the wrong button. And if either my co-commish or the owner would have complained, I would have said "Ok, I screwed up, approve the trade I'll live."

One guy claims he "didn't accept it my phone did it." I wouldn't buy that unless I knew more about the phone app and how likely that was. The other guy was high, that's no excuse. He certainly should have been told HELL NO.

You're too willing to believe what they say, or think you'll look bad for processing the trade they accepted and want to go back on. Would you do that if you were not involved in the trade.

You're right. And I don't believe their lies.... Just I'm not holding players hostage.

You're right. And I don't believe their lies.... Just I'm not holding players hostage.

Your league your choice, but not sure how you feel you're holding a player hostage by processing an approved trade, and admit you don't believe them. If word of this gets out you'll need to be ready to accept any excuse and overturn trades. I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to get you to see what you've done.

Your league your choice, but not sure how you feel you're holding a player hostage by processing an approved trade, and admit you don't believe them. If word of this gets out you'll need to be ready to accept any excuse and overturn trades. I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to get you to see what you've done.

No I understand completely and thank you for your advice. I'm just letting them keep their players and not letting them in next year.

I agree he should've told them to eat dicks but you don't gotta be a cock about it.

I don't "gotta", you are correct. I choose to.

First, if you don't want to be mocked for being spineless, don't be spineless.

Second, he's the one that came on a public message board and asked for opinions. I gave him mine.

Third, this is hardly "gotta be a cock" territory here. Yeah, I was snarky on the internet, but really?

Fourth .... pound sand.

• Like 1

No I understand completely and thank you for your advice. I'm just letting them keep their players and not letting them in next year.

If what they did was acceptable you have no grounds for removing them from the league.

If they deserve removal, than you would not have been a shady commish by enforcing the trade.

So which is it? Now you're just coming off as a whiny, bitter victim. Sorry, not "gotta being a cock" about it, just calling it like I see it.

If what they did was acceptable you have no grounds for removing them from the league.

If they deserve removal, than you would not have been a shady commish by enforcing the trade.

So which is it? Now you're just coming off as a whiny, bitter victim. Sorry, not "gotta being a cock" about it, just calling it like I see it.

I'm the spineless one meanwhile you're talking in a way you'd never speak online in person. Let's be real. But anyway I don't wanna get banned on here so I'm just gonna brush you off.

• Like 1

OMG, when did it turn into the offseason? Really, is complaining about this and Yahoo waiver priority accusations the best we can come up with on a day when there's NFL football on in mere hours and a huge weekend of football yet to come? :lol:

I blame Obama and the Christine Michael thread

• Like 1

I hear you dude. There is definitely a sense of moral obligation when you commish a league, especially when it is with people you have known for a while.

On the one hand, you don't want to think that your friend is lying to you about the trade being an accident, but on the other hand, you'd like to think that your friends can be adults and own their actions. This really just applies to the 'phone phuck up' case, the stoned dude can pound sand IMO.

My biggest issue is why didn't he text you immediately after he 'accidentally' accepted the trade? Why was it the next day. That time delay makes me think that it was a case of buyer's remorse rather than a legit mistake.

If these people are friends that you know well, I'd confront them about it with a frank conversation. If they do not fall into that category, I'd have told them tough $hit, trade accepted and processed.

Since this has already gone down, I would be sure to email the whole league with a detailed recap of exactly what happened. Not to point fingers at the other guys, but so the league doesn't go thinking that it was you who had the buyer's remorse and vetoed the trades. Of course, this email will expose the other two guys as d-bags, which will be a nice side benefit.

• Like 3