[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to Bag It

CowboysDiehard

Well we will see if the Cowboys have any SF Giants in them, or KC Royals. Both teams came from behind and made history by bucking the "Neva Evah" trends. Giants only team in Baseball history to come back from 3-0 to win the WS. Royals only team in history to come back from being down in so many straight games in history.

Can the Cowboys pull a "Neva Evah", we'll see. But I'm damn sure gonna be in my Cowboys gear every week in front of the flat screen to find out. And if by some crazy miracle the Cowboys DO in fact find a way back in this thing. You can rest assured that I will be here to run naked through the forums, Henry flopping around slapping posters up side the head, blowing star bubbles from a straw. "Unbearable" will have new meaning. For if the Cowboys pull off a feat like that, even DMD would holster his gun, kick his feet up on the table and enjoy the spectacle.

Well, it's a nice dream but even I realized at this point dreams are for kids.

Ditto for a Redskins fan. Not a dream; you are NOT out of it, as neither are the 'Skins. Nothing to lose....let 'em hang. Hail

Edited by MoreCowbell

I guess you are a Giants fan, but this looks like a Cowboy's fan post. Two automatic wins against the Redskins for Dallas? The Cowboys DOMINATED the NFC East last year, but yet lost a game to the skins, at home, with a full roster at their disposal (other than Sean who is an injury magnet). We were going for an undefeated season in '91 against the winless Cowboys....and they won. We have a history, and it goes far beyond the Eagles or Giants, and is actually fun. To chalk ANY division game to ANY rival is idiocy on a high level.....you just never know, truly. Hell, you chalked up the Panthers game as a "loss", just as you chalked their 2 games up against as wins. Study history. Anything can happen, and probably will. If I had to put someone in the driver seat it's probably your (I guess) smoochieing Giants, who you are a "fan" of. They know how to finish. It's going to be a fun, exasperating ride for all of the NFC East teams & fans. It's perfection in madness and elation. Good times. Hail.

It's my opinion. I am guessing. If I was this good at predicting games I would be loaded. Don't take it personally. As a lifelong Giants fan I know all about the NFC East and how records go out the window. This was a best case scenario for the Cowboys. If it happens to play out like this, I am off to buy a lottery ticket.

I am guessing you can recall every stat of every NFC east game ever played. And that's awesome for you. I for one have other things going on besides knowing who beat who twenty some odd years ago and how it figures into todays game.

As for your 3-5 Redskins? With the exception of the Panthers game, all the remaining games they have are winable. Best case scenario? 9-7. Will it happen? The hell if I know.

If I had to bet, I would put the final divisional standings as:

Eagles

Redskins

Giants

Cowboys

I love the Giants, and if they had a healthy Cruz they could overcome their poor defense. But unless JPP turns into JJ Watt for the rest of the season, I see a mediocre finish to the end of the season, another non-playoff year and a new head coach next season.

Edited by Wpob

I am a conflicted Dallas fan ...

I was a Dallas fan before JJ got here and I am still a Dallas fan ... while I actually love JJ the owner who will spend money to improve his team, I despise JJ the GM. JJ the GM has a vastly over inflated sense of his football knowledge as it applies to the evaluation and acquisition of NFL caliber talent. Historically JJ the GM chased the high visibility skill position players while ignoring the foundation of every offense and defense - the lines. Last year it looked to me like maybe JJ was getting it figured out and had decided to build the lines ... I was starting to doubt my hatred of JJ the GM.

This year it looks to me like I was right about JJ all along and last year was a mirage, lightening in a bottle so to speak. Granted there have been several key injuries ... but 0-6 is just bad regardless of what injuries you are dealing with and an indication of a failure by the GM to ensure some level of depth. 0-6 is an indication of a lack of leadership starting all the way at the top.

So here is the conflict ... me the fan of the Dallas Cowboys wants them to win. Me the guy that hates JJ the GM wants them to lose and twist the knife in JJ's gut even more.

• Like 1

I put the Cowboys odds of making the playoffs at 5%.

These guys say under 1% I remember following this page many years ago when the Browns were last in the playoff hunt (last year's 7-4 start didn't count, I knew they were going to collapse).

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

As for the part about they'd be the first team to start 2-6 and make the playoffs, I could buy that. Wish I knew better how to search for some of that info, I know there are ways probably on Pro Football Reference but I haven't figured them out yet.