[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to Bag It

CowboysDiehard

Dude, it's week 9 of the NFL season. I know you're hurting but damn. You're packing it in with the East the way it is and 8 games left. Sleep it off and get back on the horse pal. Romo is back in one game and we will see what happens.

True, but we basically either have to run the table or at best for us, lose only 1 more. Even with a healthy Romo, I don't think our D can pull that off especially with all the road games coming up.

@ Tampa Bay - tough game but should win

@ Miami - all depends on which Miami team shows up. But definitely winable

vs. Panthers - Loss

@ Redskins - Win

@ Packers - most likely a loss, but a win can be stolen if the D shows up

vs. Jets - tough game but should win

@ Bills - like Miami, all depends on which Bills team shows up. I'll say win

vs. Redskins - Win

That's 6-2 if all breaks well. That's 8-8. With the Giants at 5-4 and seven games left, the best I could see them doing is going 4-3. So if they go 3-4, that's 8-8 with a split head to head. The Eagles are 4-4. They have 8 left and the best I see them doing is 6-2 (loses to the Patriots and Cardinals). If they go 5-3, that's 9-7.

The Eagles look like they have the best chance to win the division. The one thing they have against them is a loss to the Redskins. If the Giants and Cowboys sweep the Redskins and split head to head with the Eagles, that could be an huge issue for the Eagles if it comes down to tie breakers.

Seems like we have seen more injuries to key players this year then any year I remember. So with half a season left, any team could lose a key player and change their entire season. Look what happened to us. So I can't shut it down just yet. A lot of things can happen between now and December. I am not wish harm on anyone, just things are happening every week it seems which change teams outlooks and their ability to compete.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised but in my opinion, we're toast. Time of death about 11:30 est 11/8

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1

Dude, it's week 9 of the NFL season. I know you're hurting but damn. You're packing it in with the East the way it is and 8 games left. Sleep it off and get back on the horse pal. Romo is back in one game and we will see what happens.

So you're saying 10-6 is still possible?

• Like 1

vs. Panthers - Loss

@ Redskins - Win

vs. Redskins - Win

That's 6-2 if all breaks well. That's 8-8. With the Giants at 5-4 and seven games left, the best I could see them doing is going 4-3. So if they go 3-4, that's 8-8 with a split head to head. The Eagles are 4-4. They have 8 left and the best I see them doing is 6-2 (loses to the Patriots and Cardinals). If they go 5-3, that's 9-7.

The Eagles look like they have the best chance to win the division. The one thing they have against them is a loss to the Redskins. If the Giants and Cowboys sweep the Redskins and split head to head with the Eagles, that could be an huge issue for the Eagles if it comes down to tie breakers.

While I'm 100% homer and openly acknowledge my team sucks, I don't think you can "automatically" chalk up 2 wins against the Redskins...I've seen the better team lose too many times in this "anything can happen on any given Sunday" rivalry...in fact, it's usually the worst team that pulls at least one out of its @$$ in this match-up...

• Like 1

Losing against the Giants hurt Dallas' chances.

Losing against the Eagles was another nail in the coffin.

But with the mess in the NFC East the coffin is far from nailed shut.

Having said that, all of the last 6 games were winnable but in all 6 games the Cowboys found ways to lose. If this team had any heart, discipline, and leadership they would have dug deep and won at least 2 of those games. When Romo returns I don't see it giving the Cowboys the heart, discipline and leadership they need to be successful in the playoffs, presuming they could even get to the playoffs. This team does not know how to win when it counts. Last year looks more and more like a fluke.

• Like 1

Losing against the Giants hurt Dallas' chances.

Losing against the Eagles was another nail in the coffin.

But with the mess in the NFC East the coffin is far from nailed shut.

Having said that, all of the last 6 games were winnable but in all 6 games the Cowboys found ways to lose. If this team had any heart, discipline, and leadership they would have dug deep and won at least 2 of those games. When Romo returns I don't see it giving the Cowboys the heart, discipline and leadership they need to be successful in the playoffs, presuming they could even get to the playoffs. This team does not know how to win when it counts. Last year looks more and more like a fluke.

Leadership? Do you not pay attention. They have the #1 leader in the NFL...Greg Hardy. Release the Kraken indeed!

• Like 2

So maybe 5% is too generous. But their circumstances are unique for a 2-6 team.

Performed a quick google search and found a Cowboys homer forum with a thread on this exact topic...see post #9 which is a tweet from some guy at "NBC5" (which I presume is a local Dallas station)...he also states it's never been done...

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/has-a-2-6-team-ever-made-the-playoffs.335901/

Edited by the outlaw

Performed a quick google search and found a Cowboys homer forum with a thread on this exact topic...see post #9 which is a tweet from some guy at "NBC5" (which I presume is a local Dallas station)...he also states it's never been done...

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/has-a-2-6-team-ever-made-the-playoffs.335901/

first time for everything beeyotches

While I'm 100% homer and openly acknowledge my team sucks, I don't think you can "automatically" chalk up 2 wins against the Redskins...I've seen the better team lose too many times in this "anything can happen on any given Sunday" rivalry...in fact, it's usually the worst team that pulls at least one out of its @$$ in this match-up...

I'm not assuming anything at this point I haven't any chits to put in the win column. Then again the way the season is going we may see backups playing on all the teams before the season is over. Well.......you know what I mean......Sorry.

I just think it's wrong to throw in the towel with half the season left to play. It may be wise but wrong.

Well we will see if the Cowboys have any SF Giants in them, or KC Royals. Both teams came from behind and made history by bucking the "Neva Evah" trends. Giants only team in Baseball history to come back from 3-0 to win the WS. Royals only team in history to come back from being down in so many straight games in history.

Can the Cowboys pull a "Neva Evah", we'll see. But I'm damn sure gonna be in my Cowboys gear every week in front of the flat screen to find out. And if by some crazy miracle the Cowboys DO in fact find a way back in this thing. You can rest assured that I will be here to run naked through the forums, Henry flopping around slapping posters up side the head, blowing star bubbles from a straw. "Unbearable" will have new meaning. For if the Cowboys pull off a feat like that, even DMD would holster his gun, kick his feet up on the table and enjoy the spectacle.

Well, it's a nice dream but even I realized at this point dreams are for kids.

vs. Panthers - Loss

@ Redskins - Win

vs. Redskins - Win

I guess you are a Giants fan, but this looks like a Cowboy's fan post. Two automatic wins against the Redskins for Dallas? The Cowboys DOMINATED the NFC East last year, but yet lost a game to the skins, at home, with a full roster at their disposal (other than Sean who is an injury magnet). We were going for an undefeated season in '91 against the winless Cowboys....and they won. We have a history, and it goes far beyond the Eagles or Giants, and is actually fun. To chalk ANY division game to ANY rival is idiocy on a high level.....you just never know, truly. Hell, you chalked up the Panthers game as a "loss", just as you chalked their 2 games up against as wins. Study history. Anything can happen, and probably will. If I had to put someone in the driver seat it's probably your (I guess) smoochieing Giants, who you are a "fan" of. They know how to finish. It's going to be a fun, exasperating ride for all of the NFC East teams & fans. It's perfection in madness and elation. Good times. Hail.

Edited by MoreCowbell
  • Like 1