[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams sign Wes Welker

Big John

Clearly he loves the game. My guess is he waited for a good team to sign him and no one wanted him. But with their defense and Gurley being awesome, they have a shot at the playoffs. He also needs a tall quarterback since he is short and most of his routes are quick routes over the middle. Foles is 6'6". It wouldn't surprise me if he is fantasy relevant by the time the fantasy playoffs start. He doesn't have much competition.

That.

E2A - you'd have to assume, with all the concussion scrutiny these days, that he was checked out, double and triple checked and made aware of the risks.

The team just lost Steadman Bailey (not that he was all that great) for 4 games and a possession guy like Welker that can move the chains may just be what the doctor ordered (pun semi-intended)

Edited by darin3

He has had a ton of concussions and they are not something to gamble with. I don't think he is making the smartest decision and how much money does he really need? I bet he already has a lot to settle down with for the rest of his life.

I think this is about competing and being out there. The concussions are a big issue but there is no way the NFL could stop him really, there's no limit on concussions you've had with them all being different.

Looking at his contract I doubt its about the money given he's earned over $23 million in his career and is only due $450K this year. Isn't he big into horse racing?