[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats / Giants

Shorttynaz

...I feel like I've seen this before somewhere...deja vu

Heh heh heh

I know this problem all too well.

Especially as a part time Giant fan. Their clock management is awful. Literally three of the games they lost this year should have been won if they could manage the clock (including the first two).

The Giants had first and 5 on the 5. JUST RUN IT THREE TIMES. That's all you gotta do. If it doesn't get in then kick the field goal but Tom thinks he's clever with the damn jump balls in the corner of the endzone which NEVER work. You ended up kicking a field goal anyway. May as well have burned a minute doing so. :bash:

Edited by pun

As a giants Fan, not sure what to say? ODBJ catch? If a RB did the same thing and the ball crossed the line, TD? But since it was a catch that was a fumble before his second foot or football move was made, no TD? I hate the rule but clock management hasn't been our best weapon. No second guessing I'm on the couch not the field but man that sucks.

As a giants Fan, not sure what to say? ODBJ catch? If a RB did the same thing and the ball crossed the line, TD? But since it was a catch that was a fumble before his second foot or football move was made, no TD? I hate the rule but clock management hasn't been our best weapon. No second guessing I'm on the couch not the field but man that sucks.

Yeah, i don't even try to think that i know what a catch is anymore.

Heh heh heh

I know this problem all too well.

Especially as a part time Giant fan. Their clock management is awful. Literally three of the games they lost this year should have been won if they could manage the clock (including the first two).

The Giants had first and 5 on the 5. JUST RUN IT THREE TIMES. That's all you gotta do. If it doesn't get in then kick the field goal but Tom thinks he's clever with the damn jump balls in the corner of the endzone which NEVER work. You ended up kicking a field goal anyway. May as well have burned a minute doing so. :bash:

I was just poking fun, but I honestly think Coughlin did the right thing. Their run game was not a factor at all, and the defense had been playing well. I don't think you can blame him for going with what got them there. ...and even if they did run off the clock there, you know Tom and the boys will still have a shot at winning the game; they always do; that's why they're the SB champs and undefeated right now. Coughlin knew scoring a TD was their best bet at winning that game, and throwing the ball was they're best bet at getting that done.

Edited by Macksimus

Coughlin has shown himself to make bad decisions at the end of games again and again. That whole jump ball in the endzone thing? That was a good play when they were throwing it to 6'6" Plaxico Burress in 2007. It's been the worst go-to redzone play I've ever seen since then. They need to completely abandon that play.

I don't think you can blame him for going with what got them there.

I do and I will.

Edited by pun