[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chip Kelly 2016?

Papa Deuce

I don't think there can be any arugument that Chip Kelly was "intriguing" going into the 2015 season.

Let me preface that I am an Eagles fan, and never wanted him as the coach ( I actually wanted Gus Bradley ). I was telling everybody that Kelly was going to be all smoke and mirrors. I'm pretty sure in my mind that he only took the Eagles job because he was afraid of sanctions at Oregon.

So, I personally think that he ruined the Eagles to the degree that they can never be fixed if he is still the coach.

I'm hoping that he gets fired at the end of the year. I openly hope the Eagles lose, just to speed the process. The best move he made was gettng Ryan Matthews, and while he is hurt, he barely played prior to his concussion. The Bradford trade has been abysmal. Murray is being used like a speedy runner that looks to go outside, and that is clearly not his game, and has never been his game. Pretty much every player on the team has regressed this season. I guess you could make a case for Benny Logan and Malcolm Jenkins being better, but I can't think of any others.

So, not only has he ruined my favorite NFL team, he has ruined many a fantasy football team as well. In the last few weeks I was in 2 states, and when I was watching football - especially in NC - Kelly is like the laughing stock of the league.

I think he will likely still be with the Eagles in 2016, much to my chagrin. I dread that, but I think he will be.

What are your thoughts for 2016?

Next head coach of the South Carolina Gamecocks or Miami Hurricanes. He would be a fool to stay in the NFL. His system is not going to work with the size and speed of NFL defenses.

Canes hired Richt. I would have guessed USC Trojans had they not went with the interim guy.

• Like 1

Don't think he's back in college this year. All major jobs are taken care of, unless Strong is let go at Texas. I think it's likely he's back in Philly, and if he isn't I know a lot of people are saying the Titans. That would make a lot of sense IMO, as he'd get to reunite with the most successful player he ever had.

The main problem is the media treats this like a super bowl year but its a transition year. Bradford has shown progress and thats all you can really ask from someone who's shaking off rust, learning a new system, and entering a new organization. Out of the qb option free agents, Im not overly disappointed with this and wouldn't describe the trade as abysmal. Hopefully we can sign him next year for less than 10 million because who else are we going to start. I will describe O line play and planning as abysmal and thats pretty much the story of the season. Thats Kelly's fault. He thought the line was good enough but it isnt. Is that worth firing him? No when you consider those guards would have been rented for a year maybe two anyways and with the exception of the last two games, we were very much in every game with an improved defense(Carrol/Thurmond/Jenkins/Thurmond/Hicks) despite a mistake prone offense(dropped balls/missed kicks/ints). I would have loved to see Maclin still flying but that was a business decision. Im fine with Mcoy for Murray Matthews and Kiko. Ive seen Maxwell play very bad and very well so Im not ready to say he's not a great player but I do think we overpaid.

What Im saying is our record could very easily be flipped and the team is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Im not ready to call for his head based off what I've seen this year.

The main problem is the media treats this like a super bowl year but its a transition year. Bradford has shown progress and thats all you can really ask from someone who's shaking off rust, learning a new system, and entering a new organization. Out of the qb option free agents, Im not overly disappointed with this and wouldn't describe the trade as abysmal. Hopefully we can sign him next year for less than 10 million because who else are we going to start. I will describe O line play and planning as abysmal and thats pretty much the story of the season. Thats Kelly's fault. He thought the line was good enough but it isnt. Is that worth firing him? No when you consider those guards would have been rented for a year maybe two anyways and with the exception of the last two games, we were very much in every game with an improved defense(Carrol/Thurmond/Jenkins/Thurmond/Hicks) despite a mistake prone offense(dropped balls/missed kicks/ints). I would have loved to see Maclin still flying but that was a business decision. Im fine with Mcoy for Murray Matthews and Kiko. Ive seen Maxwell play very bad and very well so Im not ready to say he's not a great player but I do think we overpaid.

What Im saying is our record could very easily be flipped and the team is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Im not ready to call for his head based off what I've seen this year.

the Eagles suck...

Don't think he's back in college this year. All major jobs are taken care of, unless Strong is let go at Texas. I think it's likely he's back in Philly, and if he isn't I know a lot of people are saying the Titans. That would make a lot of sense IMO, as he'd get to reunite with the most successful player he ever had.

God I hope not.

Our team needs a lot of work but I don't think anybody believes he would be able to make any improvements after watching what he did with Philly. We'd be better off keeping Mularkey.

Unfortunately, the owners of Ten, who live in TX, do lots of things that we don't like. So, here's to Chip coming to Nashville and making a mediocre team worse.

Are you Chip's Mom or Dad?

Sam Bradford is horrible. 11 TDs, and 10 INTs, plus we gave up a second round pick for him, and he has among the lowest YPA in the league. Where are the 20 and 30 yard passes? We sure get lots of 5 - 8 yard passes. We have 3 - what should be - above average runners - and none of them can do a damn thing. The Eagles have not drafted an OL in 3 years, I think, and clearly they need a a better O-Line.

Is there ONE Eagles reciever that is as good as Maclin or Jackson? I don't think so.

At one point last year, the Eagles had 11, yes 11, Oregon Ducks on the team.

And worst of all, he takes no blame for this, as all he says is "We aren't executing"..... maybe that is because the plan can't be "executed" in the NFL.... Maybe the plan needs to be "executed", and another plan developed, by another coach.

And don't get me started on Byron Maxwell. Yeah, he was the "best" FA at his position, but if you suck, and he does, you should have chosen to pass on him..... maybe get that O-Line built up.... or kept Maclin.

Edited by Papa Deuce

Its cool keep perpetuating the philly fan stereotype. Sure lets throw some stats around.

Bradford's last three starts

57/85 (67.1%) 4TD 0INT 105.6 Rating

Foles last three starts

62/117 (52.9%) 0TD 5INT 48.8 Rating

Yes the Oline is his fault. Im not saying it isnt.

No there isnt a better receiver on the roster than Maclin or Jackson. Matthews/Agholor/Huff are young and developing.

If I was a hiring manager, I would be more inclined to hire people I have worked with because I have a better grasp of their character and work ethic. Im not sure why so much is made of Kelly rostering former players.

Kelly has taken the blame for not executing saying something along the lines of when we're not executing we need a better plan and we got it today. Now watch the media pick the eagles to win the division for the next week.