[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TNF

HowboutthemCowboys

Kitty Kat Kitty Kat back away from the ledge. If there's one thing I've learned in my 20+years of FF bad beats is no lead is safe. It was Thursday night you have a whole day Sunday and Monday night to make up all those points. Now get back in their kid and kick some a$$

While you are right, a part of fantasy sports is riding the emotions that come from game to game; all of the hopes and disappointments that come along with great and shytty performances.

Y'all are absolutely right. Detroit came out gangbusters and then just took their foot off the gas. Plenty of things contributed to that loss, but it still is crushing, and hasn't stopped hurting yet. We were going for the season sweep of Green Bay and blew it. Facemask or not, they gave that game away, and are again the laughingstock of the NFL. I feel the worst for Martha Ford. She did what she could to light a fire under them and they just spit in her face. Hope she fires everyone.

Not even close, you have a lot of talent but some problems in coaching and scheme. I know many (you included) want Caldwell fired, but the next guy may not do better.

Ford lit a fire under them and they won 3 straight, including beating the Packers in GB. Trust me I understand the disappointment and sweeping them would be nice, and 7-8-9 wins would too. But realistically they were not running the table winning 8 straight and making the playoffs.

If you want to see a laughing stock, look at my Clowns :bag:

Not even close, you have a lot of talent but some problems in coaching and scheme. I know many (you included) want Caldwell fired, but the next guy may not do better.

Ford lit a fire under them and they won 3 straight, including beating the Packers in GB. Trust me I understand the disappointment and sweeping them would be nice, and 7-8-9 wins would too. But realistically they were not running the table winning 8 straight and making the playoffs.

If you want to see a laughing stock, look at my Clowns :bag:

I don't think any long time Lions fans really expected to run the table. I just think that they somehow used the last three games as an excuse to get arrogant, conservative, and complacent after a big first quarter, and to me that comes down to coaching. Defending that last play (still getting pukey feeling thinking about it) absolutely comes down to coaching. If they had rushed five and dropped six, it never happens. If they remind the players to stay in front of the receivers in the end zone instead of behind them, it never happens. If they put Calvin down there on the goal line, It probably doesn't happen. And that's just on the last play. They played one quarter of a great game, three quarters not to lose, and an untimed down like they forgot that it was Aaron Rogers throwing the football. Why can't Bill Cowher take pity on them and come and deliver us from a culture of mediocrity? Stop being selfish, Bill!

Edited by Boy Named Suh

I don't think any long time Lions fans really expected to run the table. I just think that they somehow used the last three games as an excuse to get arrogant, conservative, and complacent after a big first quarter, and to me that comes down to coaching. Defending that last play (still getting pukey feeling thinking about it) absolutely comes down to coaching. If they had rushed five and dropped six, it never happens. If they remind the players to stay in front of the receivers in the end zone instead of behind them, it never happens. If they put Calvin down their on the goal line, It probably doesn't happen. And that's just on the last play. They played one quarter of a great game, three quarters not to lose, and an untimed down like they forgot that it was Aaron Rogers trowing the football. Why can't Bill Cowher take pity on them and come and deliver us from a culture of mediocrity? Stop being selfish, Bill!

Now you're sounding like some Browns fans who think a former top level coach (Cowher, Gruden, etc.) will come rescue them. I haven't followed the Lions coaching decisions as closely as our own, but they don't seem to be attracting top candidates. So the next one may not be any better than Caldwell.

Now you're sounding like some Browns fans who think a former top level coach (Cowher, Gruden, etc.) will come rescue them. I haven't followed the Lions coaching decisions as closely as our own, but they don't seem to be attracting top candidates. So the next one may not be any better than Caldwell.

Take a wild guess who and when the last Lions head coach to compile a winning record was. No, you'll look it up...I'll tell you Joe Schmidt in 1972. 14 coaches since then, including 8 in the last 15 years. Culture of Mediocrity. I'm not sure that Cowher could actually do any better at this point.

Take a wild guess who and when the last Lions head coach to compile a winning record was. No, you'll look it up...I'll tell you Joe Schmidt in 1972. 14 coaches since then, including 8 in the last 15 years. Culture of Mediocrity. I'm not sure that Cowher could actually do any better at this point.

I would've actually said Mooch off the top of my head, as the first thought that came to mind...

Cowhers a bum that rode Lebeau to fame n fortune
  • Like 1

I remember the Lions going 12-4 one season back in the 90s, was it under Fontes? I'm assuming his whole tenure wasn't above 50% wins.

You're right I would have had to look it up. Last one for the Browns was Marty in the 80s (playoffs every year, lost 2 AFC title games).

8 coaches in the last 15 years, wow that is bad, Browns have 7 in last 16 years not counting interims. But I think we've had at least 10 OCs in that time.

I suggested to my brother the Lions fan that we combine the two teams, move them to Toledo and call the the Turds. That opens up a team for LA and the others can all stay put ;)

Have a good weekend, try to remember there's more to life than football.

Man I miss Marty that guy could coach, he had some trouble getting over the top but had success with every team (WAS his only stop not over .500 with one 8-8 season)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SchoMa0.htm

Edited by stevegrab

You're right I would have had to look it up. Last one for the Browns was Marty in the 80s (playoffs every year, lost 2 AFC title games).

8 coaches in the last 15 years, wow that is bad, Browns have 7 in last 16 years not counting interims. But I think we've had at least 10 OCs in that time.

I suggested to my brother the Lions fan that we combine the two teams, move them to Toledo and call the the Turds. That opens up a team for LA and the others can all stay put ;)

Have a good weekend, try to remember there's more to life than football.

I had to look it up too. It happened before I was born...lol. The Toledo Turds makes sense. Why blight the region with two teams that have no intention of ever winning? I'm sure the exiting team will be in the Super Bowl within two years of leaving that pit of mediocrity. That is the one nice thing about loving these teams though...definitely makes you appreciate the parts of life that aren't football more.

And Eric Kramer was the QB, right? I remember them getting eliminated from the playoffs and I was cheering for Barry because I thought they had a chance to do something that year.

Took over For Rodney Peete halfway through the season. Closest they ever came to the Super Bowl. Lost to the Mark Rypien led Redskins who beat the Bills. That's the last year we beat the Packers in Green Bay before this year too.