[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TNF

HowboutthemCowboys

I actually thought at full (game) speed it looked like a face mask, and would have thrown the flag, too...but, on replay, I thought he actually grabbed Rodgers' by the collar of his shoulder pads, so it looked like a horse collar tackle to me at that speed...finally, because it was a "judgement" call, i do not believe it was reviewable under replay...anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I've definitely seen worse calls this season...

• Like 1

There is no horse collar when a QB is in the pocket

I think he had scrambled out of the pocket, but what is it if he is in the pocket, roughing the passer? Im not trying to be a smart@$$ - I'm simply asking out of ignorance because I don't know all of the intricacies of the rule...

P.S. - it was after the lateral, anyway, so the pocket was gone as soon as he threw it downfield...he was a runner...

Edited by the outlaw

I think he had scrambled out of the pocket, but what is it if he is in the pocket, roughing the passer? Im not trying to be a smart@$$ - I'm simply asking out of ignorance because I don't know all of the intricacies of the rule...

Good question, I'm not sure if he ran out of the pocket. If it is in the pocket, it's not a penalty. It happens on a sack here and there, and nothing gets called.

I only learned that last night, Phil Simms mentioned it earlier in the game.

Lol...that's about the only way for my Cobb to score without his Rodgers scoring

Hopefully your league includes offensive fumble recovery TDs (OFRTD in CBS) in their scoring or a "every TD the player scores counts" rule. We finally added it after a couple happened one year and the player didn't get the points.

Should be

That was an offensive fumble recovery TD, usually a separate category from passing/rushing/receiving TDs and some leagues/sites don't have that turned on but don't know it. Until they started happening a lot a few years ago I think most people just thought they counted as rushing TDs.

I'm bout to roll up TWO 0's this week with Lacy and Eifert after he doesn't play lol.

Why is Eifert still in your line-up if he isn't going to play?

Did anyone start Richard Rodgers?

Free agent in our league, really hasn't produced much consistently this season. Just checked his stats in my league, 7 of his 11 games prior to last night were 4 points or less (no PPR). The other 4 games were 10-10-13-9. His high in yardage was 45, twice.

Tricky there as he threw the ball then got it back via lateral. The ball was way out of the pocket before he got it back so i think the pocket rule no longer applies.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000593886/Game-changing-facemask-penalty

I was watching that replay and at the end they show a close up, there is an official (umpire I think) looking right at the play. If it wasn't a clear facemask I would have expected that the official huddle, debate it and get it right. I tried to look at it a few times (no slow mo on this DVR) and could see what appears to be the thumb hit the facemask, before his hand hits the shoulder and he sends Rodgers down.

As for the "Rodgers acted" and "Rodgers made it look good with the chin strup under his nose" did he do that intentionally, moving it with his hand? No, it was a result of how he landed and the helmet twisting.

Ticky-tack, borderline maybe. Completely without merit, no and far from the worst call we've seen this year. But came at a critical time, then the Lions manure the bed and played poor defense (for whatever reason). Many prior plays contributed to the lost, not least of which was Stafford fumbling and giving GB a short field after they just scored a TD. And producing nothing on offense for 3 quarters.

Yep Lions and Browns are just snake bit, I told my brother he shouldn't have invited me to get on the Lion's bandwagon. :sad:

A Fumble forward for a TD, get a favorable/marginal call for a face mask, to get another Hail Mary heave and no call on the push in the back to let Arodg escape to the right (if you are calling the facemask you should call the push in the back by the Oline). and you call their 3of 4 losses "unlucky"... Somebody in GB please admit they stole one last night and got LUCKY.

For the record I believe the NFL tweeted that call would be made almost every time, not that it was right. I mean how they could say it was right when obviously the ref could not see through the player to see it, he only saw the acting job by AR after the play. Even to call just a 5yd facemask which it was (at MOST) was then the 65 yd heave is short of the goal line... LOTS of special things happened for GB last night just saying.

To blame this game on that facemask or non-facemask call depending on your view of it is ridiculous. Detroit blew a 20pt lead first and then all they had to do was stop a 60+ yd hail mary. Why was Megatron not in for that play? Why were the Detroit players in the back of the endzone? Detroit blew it, end of story

• Like 1

A Fumble forward for a TD, get a favorable/marginal call for a face mask, to get another Hail Mary heave and no call on the push in the back to let Arodg escape to the right (if you are calling the facemask you should call the push in the back by the Oline). and you call their 3of 4 losses "unlucky"... Somebody in GB please admit they stole one last night and got LUCKY.

For the record I believe the NFL tweeted that call would be made almost every time, not that it was right. I mean how they could say it was right when obviously the ref could not see through the player to see it, he only saw the acting job by AR after the play. Even to call just a 5yd facemask which it was (at MOST) was then the 65 yd heave is short of the goal line... LOTS of special things happened for GB last night just saying.

there is no 5 yd facemask anymore

To blame this game on that facemask or non-facemask call depending on your view of it is ridiculous. Detroit blew a 20pt lead first and then all they had to do was stop a 60+ yd hail mary. Why was Megatron not in for that play? Why were the Detroit players in the back of the endzone? Detroit blew it, end of story

Glad to see at least on NFC North team fan being honest about this. The rest seem to think the refs were out to screw them (have read more than a few Vikings fans [not just here] complaining about every little thing in this game).

Don't bother the uninformed with facts, they know they were screwed (and their team wasn't even playing).

...Even to call just a 5yd facemask which it was (at MOST)...

The 5-yard facemask penalty was abolished in 2008...there is currently only the 15-yard, personal foul variety available for officials to call...just sayin' ;)

Also, I find it rather amusing that the only ones screaming bloody murder about the call are Lions, Vikings, and Bears fans...LOL

I said it in a prior post, and will reiterate...at full game speed, it DID (IMO) look like a legit facemask penalty, so if I were the official, I would have thrown the flag, too...also, when you watch the replay, the defensive player's body language immediately shouted "Uh-oh, I just screwed-up!" So, if Rodgers is to get an Academy Award for his "acting" on the play, the other guy needs to go back to Acting 101 in order to learn the, "Hey, I'm just here, doin' what I'm supposed to be doin'" method...

Anyway, that one play netted me 13 FPs (taking Rodgers' scoring from 14 to 27 in our point system), so no sour grapes, here! :)

• Like 1

Glad to see at least on NFC North team fan being honest about this. The rest seem to think the refs were out to screw them (have read more than a few Vikings fans [not just here] complaining about every little thing in this game).

Don't bother the uninformed with facts, they know they were screwed (and their team wasn't even playing).

Ha! I started typing my post above and got distracted, so didn't finish and hit send until you both had already beat me to the punch! LOL

Y'all are absolutely right. Detroit came out gangbusters and then just took their foot off the gas. Plenty of things contributed to that loss, but it still is crushing, and hasn't stopped hurting yet. We were going for the season sweep of Green Bay and blew it. Facemask or not, they gave that game away, and are again the laughingstock of the NFL. I feel the worst for Martha Ford. She did what she could to light a fire under them and they just spit in her face. Hope she fires everyone.

The Hail Mary pass probably ruins my chance of making the playoffs. My opponent had Richard Rodgers and he ended up with a career game 20 points. Unfingbelieveable

Yes my opponent did.

Yes, my opponent had Stafford who got 20 points and Richard Rodgers got him 20 points. He goes from being projected to lose by 12 points to now being projected to win 110 to 105. I have to hope from a fantastic game from Cam.

Kitty Kat Kitty Kat back away from the ledge. If there's one thing I've learned in my 20+years of FF bad beats is no lead is safe. It was Thursday night you have a whole day Sunday and Monday night to make up all those points. Now get back in their kid and kick some a$$ Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe