[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DJAX = Idiot

Grits and Shins

I agree he was a damn idiot. I also agree with Grudencthat having Dallas score as soon as possible is the best thing to happen. You still have 2 timeouts and over a minute to play.

Sorry ... allowing the opposing team to score the TD to conserve time on the clock just isn't the right play ... even though it worked out that way tonight.

• Like 1

I don't know why the Cowboys didn't just kneel on the ball and take all the Skins TO and kick the field goal there. If DJ doesn't make that bone head play I was resolved to the Cowboys getting beat. I got to hand it to the Cowboys D though. They played on hell of a game tonight. Well done boys. Well done.

When DJ ran that kickoff back to his own goal line I was saying "what the hell is he doing", then when he fumbled I just couldn't believe it. I said to myself no way they give us this ball though. First the Ipads don't work on the sideline of course (yeah they had power issues RIGHT!) but I figured they would find a way to let the Skins keep the ball. But no, we pull it out. So thankful we have a reliable kicker in Bailey. That guy is a stud.

• Like 1

Just rolled in from the game, and I seriously just want to puke...that one is going to sting for a long time, but I called it...both of these teams are who we thought they were...my prediction, the Redskins (who thru some unbelievable bullhonda are still "tecnically" in first due to the tiebreakers) for the time being) will finish the season 5 - 11 and in dead last behind DAL, PHI, and NYG (in that order)...you just simply CANNOT win in the NFL if you don't convert turnovers into points...pathetic...

UN-&@#!/+>-BELIEVABLE! :(

• Like 1

Oh well, still first place in the division! 8-)

I don't know why the Cowboys didn't just kneel on the ball and take all the Skins TO and kick the field goal there. If DJ doesn't make that bone head play I was resolved to the Cowboys getting beat. I got to hand it to the Cowboys D though. They played on hell of a game tonight. Well done boys. Well done.

When DJ ran that kickoff back to his own goal line I was saying "what the hell is he doing", then when he fumbled I just couldn't believe it. I said to myself no way they give us this ball though. First the Ipads don't work on the sideline of course (yeah they had power issues RIGHT!) but I figured they would find a way to let the Skins keep the ball. But no, we pull it out. So thankful we have a reliable kicker in Bailey. That guy is a stud.

I must say, that was a great kick by Bailey! Had a guy in my league end up winning his matchup because of it.

Edited by HTTR_a

Just rolled in from the game, and I seriously just want to puke...that one is going to sting for a long time, but I called it...both of these teams are who we thought they were...my prediction, the Redskins (who thru some unbelievable bullhonda are still "tecnically" in first due to the tiebreakers) for the time being) will finish the season 5 - 11 and in dead last behind DAL, PHI, and NYG (in that order)...you just simply CANNOT win in the NFL if you don't convert turnovers into points...pathetic...

UN-&@#!/+>-BELIEVABLE! :(

Here I was saying "WE simply CANNOT win turning the ball over like that". All night long sitting there disgusted and just wanting the Redskins to finish it and get if over with.

I was just furious when they lined up in the heavy formation and ran McFadden or Turbin into the line like sacrificial lambs to slaughter. I honestly don't think we have made a single yard in that formation this year. Why on earth would you lineup heavy with a QB who is already bad enough to project the fact that he can't throw but to remove all doubt and say "Hey guys, pssstttt......, we are running that A gap sacrifice play again, go ahead and stack the middle and bring your entire secondary in too".

I mean COME ON, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't run that play anymore. Show some creativity. Naked boot leg, pitch play, hell just kneel down on the damn thing to avoid a fumble or concussion. Go 5 wide, anything. I don't care, I just don't want to see our running back get killed running into an 11 man front anymore.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

IMO it was a sleeper of a game until those last few minutes, then all hell broke loose. How much is DJax getting paid by the Boys? Idiot play. And just because he scored after the fact does not make up for the bonehead play. Congrats to the Boys and fans. Hopefully we can get you back in a few weeks.

This game and division = what a pukefest

Can't believe one of these teams in this division will actually make it into the playoffs and host a game... What a borefest and a$$ pounding that will be! Yuck

Seem to recall a pretty bad NFC West in 2010 when the7-9 Seahawks team winning the division.

And last year's 7-8-1 Panthers look pretty good this year, and beat the Palmer-less Cardinals (again of the mighty NFC West) to reach the second round.

It has become pretty common for there to be 1-2 really bad divisions where the winner only has 9 (at best) wins. Sure the NFC Least could have the winner with only 6-7 wins this year, but could also be 8 or 9 wins.

So in a few years maybs its the AFC east, or the NFC Central with a really bad division winner. And if they're really that bad they'll lose quickly.

PS DJax was an idiot for sure.

• Like 1

Oh, and now that I've slept on it, the OTHER boneheaded play was the kickoff following the 16 - 16 tie...WHY on God's green earth do you kick a returnable ball in that situation??? I mean c'mon man, you've been kicking the ball out of the end zone all season, so why would you EVER serve up a short field to a team who only needs a FG to rip your heart out, throw it on the ground, and then just stomp on it for good measure??? At least make them earn it, for Christssakes!!! Special teams has been a thorn in the Redskins side for several years now, so I'm not sure why this surprises me so much... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Edited by the outlaw

Here I was saying "WE simply CANNOT win turning the ball over like that". All night long sitting there disgusted and just wanting the Redskins to finish it and get if over with.

I was just furious when they lined up in the heavy formation and ran McFadden or Turbin into the line like sacrificial lambs to slaughter. I honestly don't think we have made a single yard in that formation this year. Why on earth would you lineup heavy with a QB who is already bad enough to project the fact that he can't throw but to remove all doubt and say "Hey guys, pssstttt......, we are running that A gap sacrifice play again, go ahead and stack the middle and bring your entire secondary in too".

I mean COME ON, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't run that play anymore. Show some creativity. Naked boot leg, pitch play, hell just kneel down on the damn thing to avoid a fumble or concussion. Go 5 wide, anything. I don't care, I just don't want to see our running back get killed running into an 11 man front anymore.

Yeah, that was just yet another aspect that I don't even want to get started on...when you've got a team on the ropes and have them by the neck, you've got to go for the juggular, man...DO NOT let them live to stay in the contest, else they will (as was proven) find a way to slit yours!!!

And, the Redskins' conservative, first down play-calling all night (i.e., 2-yard trap) wasn't fooling ANYONE, particularly Sean Lee, who was up in Morris/Jones business all night...that dude is truly a beast...all over the field...inside, outside, you name it, he's there...

Oh, and now that I've slept on it, the OTHER boneheaded play was the kickoff following the 16 - 16 tie...WHY on God's green earth do you kick a returnable ball in that situation??? I mean c'mon man, you've been kicking the ball out of the end zone all season, so why would you EVER serve up a short field to a team who only needs a FG to rip your heart out, throw it on the ground, and then just stomp on it for good measure??? At least make them earn it, for Christssakes!!! Special teams has been a thorn in the Redskins side for several years now, so I'm not sure why this surprises me so much... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Do you think that was intentional? According to the play-by-play the kick was 2 yards deep in the end zone, but not thru it. Another kick earlier ws returned 24 yards (to the 22 from the DAL minus 2).

The return was to the 44 for 46 yards, I'd put that more on the coverage team than on the kicker.

The missed 43 yard field goal with 7 min left was also pretty big.

Do you think that was intentional? According to the play-by-play the kick was 2 yards deep in the end zone, but not thru it. Another kick earlier ws returned 24 yards (to the 22 from the DAL minus 2).

The return was to the 44 for 46 yards, I'd put that more on the coverage team than on the kicker.

The missed 43 yard field goal with 7 min left was also pretty big.

Kick coverage has been the bane of the Redskins existence all season, which is why they cut Forbath (percentage-wise, the most accurate kicker in the history of the team, but could barely reach the end zone on his kickoffs) early in the season to bring in Hopkins who has a booming leg, and has produced the most touchbacks for this team that I can ever remember...I just don't understand that kick at all...

Kick coverage has been the bane of the Redskins existence all season, which is why they cut Forbath (percentage-wise, the most accurate kicker in the history of the team, but could barely reach the end zone on his kickoffs) early in the season to bring in Hopkins who has a booming leg, and has produced the most touchbacks for this team that I can ever remember...I just don't understand that kick at all...

I admit I wasn't paying much attention so I don't recall how that kick differed from the others. You make it sound like every kickoff was thru the end zone, but I don't recall that or see evidence (maybe it isn't mentioned) in the play-by-play and see at least one other WAS kickoff that was returned (also from 2 yards deep).

So again I ask if you thought it was intentional that the kick was in the EZ and not thru it? Or kicked into a location that made the return easier? It seems you're blaming the kick, but admit that kick coverage has been horrible.

I admit I wasn't paying much attention so I don't recall how that kick differed from the others. You make it sound like every kickoff was thru the end zone, but I don't recall that or see evidence (maybe it isn't mentioned) in the play-by-play and see at least one other WAS kickoff that was returned (also from 2 yards deep).

So again I ask if you thought it was intentional that the kick was in the EZ and not thru it? Or kicked into a location that made the return easier? It seems you're blaming the kick, but admit that kick coverage has been horrible.

Sorry, man...if you haven't picked-up on it, I'm in a pretty foul mood this morning...to answer your question, I honestly don't know whether the intent was to kick it just deep enough to bait a return in hopes of stopping them short of the 20, or if he was supposed to kick the touchback, and simply missed it...I also missed Gruden's post-game presser as we were walking back to the car, so I can't say whether he was questioned on it, or not...I do know that he SHOULD have kicked the air out of the ball and pinned them on the 20, given their past struggles w/coverage...

• Like 1

Went to bed early last night...needed the sleep bad. Just watched the highlights on my lunch break.

Desean Jackson is probably the stupidest player in the league in terms of on-field (the really bad word)ups. I can't stand the guy either, so I do rather enjoy watching him embarrass himself on a regular basis (even though I would have been pulling for the skins in that game).