[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathan Stewart owners : are you concerned ?

medalofhonor

JStew has been great so far, but Ron Rivera indicated that his workload could reduce in the upcoming weeks to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

This concerns me a great deal, and now I am not sure if I should start JStew in playoff weeks 15 and 16.

As far as handcuffs are concerned, it is possible to pickup Cameron Artis-Payne, Tolbert or Whittaker. (CAP seems to be the main guy though), but I would not risk starting either of them in the playoffs.

I only have Rawls and Forte as the other upside RB's for my playoffs and was relying a lot on J-Stew to get me through.

What do you guys think ?? Are you genuinely concerned about J-Stew's usage for the playoffs ?

Where are you getting your news from cause I hear the exact opposite

Probably from a source similar to the Dec 3rd rotoworld blurb, but he obviously wasn't "dialed-back" this past week with 21 touches (other than the Tolbert vulture)...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4650/jonathan-stewart

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/17680/it-may-be-time-for-panthers-to-get-jonathan-stewart-a-break-with-rookie-cameron-artis-payne

"Coach Ron Rivera said this week he has a plan to get starting running back Jonathan Stewart some rest so he’ll be fresh for the playoff run. Stewart has 20 or more carries in seven straight games, which is more than in any stretch in his career"

"Coach Ron Rivera said he will continue to play his starters even if the Panthers clinch home-field advantage before the final week of the season.
"Hypothetically speaking, yes – to a point," Rivera answered. "The reason I would is because I was on a team that had done the same thing, and we didn't, and it cost us in my opinion because I thought we were rusty." It is unlikely Cam Newton, Jonathan Stewart and Greg Olsen would play a full complement of snaps in a meaningless Week 17, but it does look like they should see the majority of their workload the rest of the season. All three should remain high-end options throughout the fantasy playoffs."
My stupid playoffs go to week 17.
Edited by Boy Named Suh

I would just like to add that no matter what happens going forward, Stewart has really impressed me, and as one of three remaining players on my roster that I drafted, I am very glad I stuck with him in the first half of the season. He has been injury prone in the past, but he played through the ankle issues this year, and hasn't missed a game in the most injury plagued season I can remember. If not for Cam and Tolbert, he is sharing #1 RB with AP in my opinion. Wish he was playing for my Lions.

• Like 1

If your aunt had a dick she'd be your uncle.

He'll be drafted way too high next yr and by wk 5 you'll be glad you didn't get him imo

Somebody sounds jealous that they let Stewart go early, and can't share in my man love for a guy who has had 20+ carries 8 games in a row. That's fine haters gonna hate. Our love is pure, and entirely one sided, and you can't take that from us.

He'll be drafted way too high next yr and by wk 5 you'll be glad you didn't get him imo

LoL! Always loved that saying!

I hear what you're saying about ifs, but in this case I was just trying to say that he has had a great year under circumstances which must be infuriating as a RB, not only giving up goal line carries to another RB, but also to this freakshow of a QB. Anywhere else and he is up there for the top RB in the league. It probably helps that his team is undefeated. I'm sure he is glad he does not play for my Lions.

Edited by Boy Named Suh
  • Like 1

You have to play Stew this weekend. The whole team is mad at the way they played in New Orleans. At home, they will run up the score on Altanta and a big part of that will be Stewart.

As long as they keep winning, the starters will play. I think that having an unbeaten season is important to the team.

Me either but I've always kept the faith, if healthy, he could/would be a top #10 RB.

Getting free of DWill helps too. Tolbert is an annoying vulture (just like he was in SD), but he isn't stealing as many carries as DWill did. I wonder if staying on the field actually helped Stewart stay healthy in a wierd counter intuitive kind of way.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

Injured RB's aside, yep

Yeah man..I'm pretty impressed with the top 10 in general. Outside of AP, none of them were 1st round guys, and in my league, only Shady is a 2nd round guy. Miller was a 3rd, Stewart and Gurley were 5th, Martin and Ivory were 7th, DeAngelo was a 10th, and Devonte was a 12th.

I definitely think that Bell and Charles would be up there without injuries, which would knock Gurley and DWill out of the top 10 in my league, but at the same time, Shady, Ivory, Freeman, Gurley all missed time because of injury and DWill missed time when Bell was healthy.

So does that mean that these guys have overachieved, or is it a down year for RBs in general?