[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well they did it - Browns trade #2 to Philly

flemingd

I have trouble believing the Cam Newton comparison. A Blake Bortles/Dante Culpepper/Vince Young comparison I could believe. And Bortles is surprising nimble for a big 6'5" white dude.

The referenced scout said that in his review of tape that he saw Wentz really perform as a runner not just a scrambler. I'm not sure I believe it either but who knows.

Bortles is good. Anyone that had him last year in fantasy probably watched more than a few of their games. He had to take a lot of risks on account of their O-Line putting up the most penalties of any teams last year, but he's the best QB out of that draft class imo and has a bright future.

If Bortles can keep those turnovers down, and the Jags brass continues to put talent around him, he may become one of the better QBs to come along in awhile.

Edited by AX2RUN
  • Like 1

:shrug: Maybe?

But don't sleep on the Jags. If only h8tank were around to see this team possibly taking a little bit of a leap. Their D is going to be much, much better with a healthy Fowler, Malik Jackson, maybe Myles Jack?

The Allens on offense, throw in some Julius Thomas.... Ivory, Yeldon and Robinson in the backfield?

I dunno man, I'm kind of a buyer on the Jags over the next 1-3 years.

The Bortles comp was more based on size/agility numbers. Now I'm hearing (albeit from a draft scout who wished to go nameless according to the report) that there are some Cam Newton similarities. That's a bit of a stretch but who knows.

The Jags are building something very solid. Of all their moves over the past few season, the only one I question is Julius Thomas signing. I'd say they focus this draft on defensive players to stop Luck as he enters his prime.

yeah... seriously...

Bradford: TRADE ME!!!!!!!!

Team: OK, the Niners want you. We'll trade you there.

Bradford: :weird: No... wait...

Team: Okay, well Cleveland has shown some interest...

Bradford: Did I say Trade me? I meant "Trade me to the Broncos"

Bradford isn't going anywhere. I get why he's upset, but he really has no leverage. When training camp rolls around he will report and play. Plenty of guys skip the voluntary programs.

If he's as good as he's being paid to be, Philly's move has no impact on him - in fact, it should really help him because it would increase his teams odds to win games if he does down, and as long as he can prove he's a very good QB in the league prior to that happening, he would resume his position as QB1 when he returned from injury.

The problem is he doesn't believe in himself to win the QB1 job over a rookie. If you cannot clearly separate yourself from Chase Daniels as a clear #1, then the issue is you. He had the opportunity to make this move by Philly never happen if he could have put together a better season last year - or really any year prior to that.

Reports have come out that Fitzpatrick would rather not play football than play for the Jets at their current offer. How stupid can these QBs be! How about this Fitzpatrick can come design jet engine parts and I will go QB the Jets. I will even do it for 500k for 1 year, win win, they would get the 1st pick next year, and I would make out financially!

Reports have come out that Fitzpatrick would rather not play football than play for the Jets at their current offer. How stupid can these QBs be! How about this Fitzpatrick can come design jet engine parts and I will go QB the Jets. I will even do it for 500k for 1 year, win win, they would get the 1st pick next year, and I would make out financially!

To the defense of Fitzpatrick, his willingness to retire actually shows his intelligence. It shows that he has been smart enough throughout his career to properly save and invest the millions he has earned, so that he would be set to retire and live comfortably - something that should seemingly be easy to do based on salaries, yet probably less that 5% of the players in the league could actually do this.

So Fitzpatrick must now decide, what is the price of shortening his life expectancy by continuing to play. I think his willingness to retire actually shows his intelligence. Hell, if I got drafted, I'd plan to play for 7-10 years max. Once you have that much $, there's plenty of other ways to continue making and growing $, without needing to continue risking your body. Fitzpatrick could easily find a 2nd career doing basically whatever he wants.

To the defense of Fitzpatrick, his willingness to retire actually shows his intelligence. It shows that he has been smart enough throughout his career to properly save and invest the millions he has earned, so that he would be set to retire and live comfortably - something that should seemingly be easy to do based on salaries, yet probably less that 5% of the players in the league could actually do this.

So Fitzpatrick must now decide, what is the price of shortening his life expectancy by continuing to play. I think his willingness to retire actually shows his intelligence. Hell, if I got drafted, I'd plan to play for 7-10 years max. Once you have that much $, there's plenty of other ways to continue making and growing $, without needing to continue risking your body. Fitzpatrick could easily find a 2nd career doing basically whatever he wants.

and to further his defense, he did go to Harvard so he probably can design jet engine parts, or be a surgeon or be a rocket surgeon. :woot:

More likely he has invested the money he made so far and can do whatever the wants from here on out

• Like 1

and to further his defense, he did go to Harvard so he probably can design jet engine parts, or be a surgeon or be a rocket surgeon. :woot:

More likely he has invested the money he made so far and can do whatever the wants from here on out

That's why I said win win! To me and my employer!

too damn funny:

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford is not interested in being traded to the San Francisco 49ers because he does not want to play for Chip Kelly, reports Jeff Darlington of NFL.com.

And today on yahoo I read that Chip Kelly did not want Sam Bradford in San Fran....

I always thought Bradford was a bad QB in the NFL, but really, have you seen a coach who has ruined and / or alienated so many players, so quickly? Kelly is a meathead.

• Like 1

If he's as good as he's being paid to be, Philly's move has no impact on him - in fact, it should really help him because it would increase his teams odds to win games if he does down, and as long as he can prove he's a very good QB in the league prior to that happening, he would resume his position as QB1 when he returned from injury.

The problem is he doesn't believe in himself to win the QB1 job over a rookie. If you cannot clearly separate yourself from Chase Daniels as a clear #1, then the issue is you. He had the opportunity to make this move by Philly never happen if he could have put together a better season last year - or really any year prior to that.

You make some good points but I just wonder how much of his poor season was caused by Kelly. He gave away their best receivers. ( MacLin and Jackson, plus McCoy who was a good RB out of the backfield) J Mathews was inconsistent and dropped a lot of balls. I don't know Kelly's role in calling offense plays; receivers got hammered in traffic quite a few times. Bradford has never ( when he played ) played with much of a WR corp. In addition to all of this the Philly defensive players complained quite a bit about being worn down by game time because of Kelly's practice regimen. THeir performance (defense ) also play into Sam's win -loss record last year. Also what I am posting now goes against an earlier post I made in another thread. This post made me think of some things I hadn't thought of before. I am very interested in seeing how the niners fare under Kelly.

You make some good points but I just wonder how much of his poor season was caused by Kelly. He gave away their best receivers. ( MacLin and Jackson, plus McCoy who was a good RB out of the backfield) J Mathews was inconsistent and dropped a lot of balls. I don't know Kelly's role in calling offense plays; receivers got hammered in traffic quite a few times. Bradford has never ( when he played ) played with much of a WR corp. In addition to all of this the Philly defensive players complained quite a bit about being worn down by game time because of Kelly's practice regimen. THeir performance (defense ) also play into Sam's win -loss record last year. Also what I am posting now goes against an earlier post I made in another thread. This post made me think of some things I hadn't thought of before. I am very interested in seeing how the niners fare under Kelly.

Honestly, I feel like it is about time we stop making excuses for Sam Bradford.

• Like 1

He will not be good in SF. Honestly, I have no idea what the front office of SF is thinking with the hire. They just fired a guy who took them to the Super Bowl and NFL Championship in part because of his hard-nosed practice regimen and old-school coaching style, and because he wanted to much control over personnel decisions and butted heads with the front office. Basically, Jim Harbaugh was successful Chip Kelly, and they let him go.

• Like 1